Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If pogba goes we’re going to need 2 midfielders, a DM definitely but then another creative mid to help out Fernandes with creating chances. Depends what type of mid ten Hag wants, creative like city with 1 holding… or 3 hard workers in the middle like Liverpool. I think he’ll prefer the city way… he’s suppose to be a bit of both though, like city in possession and like Liverpool out of it. Time will tell how he sets us up and what tactics he’ll use.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
So we shouldn't play Pogba an actual quality player but we should keep playing Maguire?:lol:
Quality counts for sh*t when you aren't trying. Despite him being scapegoated, at least Maguire puts in a shift and we don't have any better options than him. If you really want Maguire out, then get better players. As of now, the only centre half we have that can make any claim to be better than him is Varane and he's off injured half the time. Pogba on the other hand can get out done by Mark f***ing Noble or any other player that shows a little heart...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There were players today far worse….as always you have only comments for one player. You’re not on your own but it highlights why there is such a toxic atmosphere around Pogba and why everyone would have been better off had he left two seasons ago. You’re obsessed with the man it’s bizarre. If he plays well and we don’t win it’s his fault. So god help him if he doesn’t play well. Literally 90% of your comments in any thread feature Pogba. Like I said you’re not on your own.

Pogba’s gone. I wish him well. Will be nice for the club not to have a scapegoat and perhaps to finally have a proper manager next season.
He’s the biggest disappointment for me. That’s all. He has all the talent but he can’t really be arsed. That’s annoying as hell. He should be top 20 in the world but he’s not even as good as Fred or McT these days

Martial

I want him out for several reasons and one of them is that most of you are absolutely toxic, it's not good for you, the club and the player.
Most people just want him out because he is a complete defensive liability and has been utterly underwhelming at best throughout his entire time here.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The only places you can reliably play Pogba is on the left wing or in Bruno's position. As Bruno is never injured and just signed a bumper contract, Pogba is entirely surplus to our requirements. It sucks, I'll personally always wonder what it would have looked if we'd put Pogba in Bruno's spot for a good run, but that's obviously never going to happen.

Not good enough in the places he's being played. Huge liability as the last midfielder - which he often is in this role - and too far from attack to create.

He's never going to come good, let's hope both Pogba and United look better without each other.

dirkey

So we shouldn't play Pogba an actual quality player but we should keep playing Maguire?:lol:
Don't mistake having some footballing qualities as being the same as being a quality footballer.

Lazy mercenary who has long ago checked out is not a quality player, not for united. Delighted to hear the fans letting him know what most of us think.

There's a clear issue in the dressing room, as seen by the "fight" within the team when facing adversity recently, and having spineless characters like this mook in the team a huge reason why.

Addition by subtraction once he leaves. Will be a great day.

Chripper

I didn't want him back in the first place. I cannot wait till the Paul Pogba Circus finally leaves. Imagine it, no more of Paul Pogba instructing his agent or brothers to stir the pot, in the media. It'll be great!¹

The Pogba experiment has been a complete £200m (wages and transfer fee) mistake

People have called him a mercenary. That's exactly what he is. He swans around like he's playing with his mates in the park. I think people would accept that as "Just who he is", but it's clearly not. We've all seen him sweating bullets and running through brick walls for Feance.

And as far as his annual holidays to Dubai... I mean... "Rehab from injury".... he's taken the fans and the club for mugs for 6 years.

I don't usually condone booing players, but this has come about 3 years too late.

Also, there's a reason why SAF trusted an ageing Paul Scholes over a youthful Paul Pogba.

One thing that I really hate, though, is the implication that any criticism of Paul Pogba is racial. I cringe when people call Graeme Souness a racist because he criticises Pogba. No. He criticises Pogba because he's a mercenary and money pit.

Imagine if Pogba and Souness were team mates. He'd have Pogba against the wall and I think their training sessions would get tasty.

People might not want to hear this, but it's stone hard fact. The standards in which were ingrained in Souness, back in the day, is where we have to reach. Pogba going will be step one.

Last edited:

MalaysianRed7

Time for a divorce. Our relationship with him is eerily similar to that of Will and Jada Smith, seriously.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This is like the Ronaldo being the problem situation, in the way that Pogba obviously has been a letdown and going forward maybe isn’t the right option but we have so many problems that he isn’t the main issue.

Our MF without Pogba consists of Fred and Mctominay so while Pogba is a letdown and should go we really need upgrades first in CM and defence
Except Ronaldo in one season has had more game changing performances than Pogba has had in six.

If ETH is as good as reputed, I'm sure he can finish build with a midfield of Fred, McTominay, VDB, Garner and Hannibal.

We don't have to compete for trophies next season. We just have to put in the building blocks to set us up for the future. And that means getting rid of certain players who don't pull their weight compared to how much they're getting paid whose wages like Pogba.

forlans.second

Waste of a Jersey, you can have all the talent in thr world but if you don't wanna put a shift in... jog on. God help us if he starts on Tuesday.

Tarrou

I know I'll probably get abuse for this but.. we let him down

we're a shit-show, we all know it.. everyone who comes here turns to shit eventually.. everyone

he got dis-proportionate hate as he was a target of the media pile-on

he's a brilliant player and a brilliant lad, just not the man to drag a imperfect team to titles as he's not a Bale or Ronaldo type of player

some of the shite I've seen on here about Pogba over the years has been insane. Remember the conspiracy that he was faking injury and played his last game for the club?

I'm not saying he's absolved of all blame, and he's not

but he's a human being not a robot, being treated like shite by the media and your some of your own fans is bound to have an impact.. some players can rise above it and are made of sterner stuff, but he clearly isn't one of them

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

we're a shit-show, we all know it.. everyone who comes here turns to shit eventually.. everyone

he's a brilliant player and a brilliant lad, just not the man to drag a imperfect team to titles as he's not a Bale or Ronaldo type of player

some of the shite I've seen on here about Pogba over the years has been insane. Remember the conspiracy that he was faking injury and played his last game for the club?

but he's a human being not a robot, being treated like shite by the media and your some of your own fans is bound to have an impact.. some players can rise above it and are made of sterner stuff, but he clearly isn't one of them
He's part of the reason we are a shit show.

Skills

Snitch

Being kind there. Most of our fanbase is a toxic swamp.

I remember when Liverpool were in the same place, and their fanbase never disgraced themselves as often as ours does when it comes to your own players.

Tarrou

He's part of the reason we are a shit show.
He's not. The Glazers, Ed Woodward and all those twats are the reason. To a lesser degree the managers we brought in but I don't really blame them much either.

Is there any version of history possible where one player comes in to United in the last 10 years and we don't end up the shit-show that we are now?

I think you know the answer to that question.

dirkey

A brilliant lad

This cracks me up. He's been mailing it in at united for years. Supposed world class. World class players raise the level of their team mates. He's never done that. He brings the team down.

Plays in the engine room and has zero drive. Joke of a player.

What a waste of the prime years of his career.

Classical Mechanic

Pogba stats for today:

74 minutes played
77 touches
53 (90%) passes completed
2 long balls completed
7 dribbles completed
10 duels won
1 foul won
1 interception
3 clearances
9 recoveries

Is that really that bad??
I didn’t watch the game but 7 dribbles is a very lot. 10 duals won sounds impressive it doesn’t tell you how many were contested and therefore how many were lost. Losing out on important duals at the base of midfield can have big consequences. Going off those stats alone it would hard to say he had a bad game unless there were some big errors.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba wasn't booed for his performance yesterday. How many more times does this need explaining? Jesus wept. That was all about the 6 years of disappointment he's been.

Classical Mechanic

Pogba wasn't booed for his performance yesterday. How many more times does this need explaining? Jesus wept. That was all about the 6 years of disappointment he's been.
I suppose an £89m signing walking away on a free for the second time will rankle some. I’m not a fan of booing national anthems or players though. I cringe at grown men booing with their kids. It seems really puerile to me and a poor example to the kid(s).

Bosws87

I remember when Liverpool were in the same place, and their fanbase never disgraced themselves as often as ours does when it comes to your own players.
The same Liverpool that clearly backed and supported a racist, hilariously short memories.

hate to break it to you but all sets of fans are as bad as each other there is no team that is the holy grail.

Dan_F

Firstly, it’s been very rare that our fans have turned on the players/managers. We got crushed by our biggest rivals 5-0 and didn’t boo only 5 months ago.

Secondly, Liverpool have booed their own players previously. Despite being in an era just before social media turned fan bases toxic.

Skills

Snitch
The same Liverpool that clearly backed and supported a racist, hilariously short memories.
I think you're missing the point. Liverpool fans never made an Anfield a shithole for their own players. The Suarez thing was a perfect example of that even if they were in the wrong.

MrBest

Quality player, abundance of talent, not consistent, not performed, moody. I cannot wait for him to leave, I dont question how good he is but I do question his mentality in this team, consistency and ambition. The best thing for both parties is that he leaves, we save a tonne of money on future wages and buy players that are more humble. If Pogba can take Maguire with him, it would be amazing.

Lord Zlatan

Watch the first goal against Norwich again and the state of him casually jogging into the box. Shocking attitude.

Red00012

What’s this Liverpool love in about? I’m pretty sure Klopp had a go at the fans at the beginning for booing and jeering the players.
feck off with your liverpool fans are the best crap on here

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
A brilliant lad

This cracks me up. He's been mailing it in at united for years. Supposed world class. World class players raise the level of their team mates. He's never done that. He brings the team down.

Plays in the engine room and has zero drive. Joke of a player.

What a waste of the prime years of his career.
Definitely more on this side with Pogba. 6 years of hardly ever playing well, and him pissing around all the time on all sorts of other nonsense. What an absolute waste he’s made of 6 years, and it’s the same thing with him under multiple coaches. The club has been a mess but I don’t think he’s a victim in that, he’s been more of a protagonist from what I’ve seen. To be honest, the stick he got yesterday is pretty light IMO. If he’d performed like he has at Real Madrid, Celtic, or Rangers, he’d have been getting much stronger and it would have started years ago. I can’t stand this idea that footballers who don’t try/perform ,despite all their privileges, should be exempt from stick.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Bale and Ronaldo aren't that type of player either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What’s this Liverpool love in about? I’m pretty sure Klopp had a go at the fans at the beginning for booing and jeering the players.
feck off with your liverpool fans are the best crap on here
feck that. United fans are a bunch of shit. They don't know how to support their club or players.

When they see another club do it they sit there laughing at the delusional support shown to them.

United fans believe they are more important than they actually are - and how the club should be run to their knowledge than the experience of people who are actually professionals.

If I was a tattoo guy I'd get "I hate United fans" on my back. It's something I've begin to support just as much as I support my team; my disgust for this fan base and the glory hunting ability that people call the good support they give to the club.

This is nothing against you, so don't take it to heart.

AndySmith1990

This is nonsense. During the Hodgson era their fans gave him and some of the players dogs abuse. Then their support of Suarez was a disgrace too.

The fans you refer to as toxic are the fans who care most about the club. Supporting the club means wanting the best for it, rather than supporting individuals to the detriment of the club. Finally the penny has dropped and many have realised we've been supporting players who don't care about United, and as a result the club has become a mess as we have allowed a culture of player power, entitlement and laziness.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Fans that boo him or support his booing are absolute morons. We actually need him to play to his best for the last games of the season, to get the best possible outcome for Ten Hag (people that don't want us to be in Europe if it's not champions league are equally moronic).

Also it's silly to tell him to feck off when he's leaving anyway and wasn't allowed to leave previously. He's also played no worse than some of the other clowns on the pitch (Telles, Maguire, Rashford, Bruno, McTominay come to mind)

Sorry if some feel offended here, but these toxic viewpoints are to the detriment of our club and your head needs a wobble.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bale is for Wales, for sure

I would argue Ronaldo was at his peak, just simply on account of him being so good.. but take your point
Wales have won nothing and Ronaldo didn't do it at his peak. When would you say Ronaldo's peak was? At United he had the best defense in Europe, Rooney and Tevez consistently supporting him and United kept winning without him. During his first years at Real Madrid, Ronaldo won very little and he wasn't dragging Madrid anyway he had a very solid team around him with the likes of Ramos, Pepe, prime Marcelo, Ozil, Di Maria, Higuain, Benzema and Xabi Alonso. A little bit later they added Modric, Kroos and Bale. It's the addition of the latters that saw them actually win a lot more.

He'sRaldo

Definitely more on this side with Pogba. 6 years of hardly ever playing well, and him pissing around all the time on all sorts of other nonsense. What an absolute waste he’s made of 6 years, and it’s the same thing with him under multiple coaches. The club has been a mess but I don’t think he’s a victim in that, he’s been more of a protagonist from what I’ve seen. To be honest, the stick he got yesterday is pretty light IMO. If he’d performed like he has at Real Madrid, Celtic, or Rangers, he’d have been getting much stronger and it would have started years ago. I can’t stand this idea that footballers who don’t try/perform ,despite all their privileges, should be exempt from stick.
Given that everyone has realized how incompetently we've been run, I don't think he (or any of the players really) has been that bad.

2 'best of the rest' finishes in the PL, a couple of finals, and some 2nd rate trophies are as good as we could have expected given our management and the level of opposition and resources we're up against.

If we had a more competent board that made better player and manager decisions then sure, we could say that it's all his fault and he's failed by not winning the PL or CL. But we've been run as adult Disneyland, and of all the people to change that and drag us to trophies, the players are among the last. Especially a player who's played as a DM for most of his time here.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Wales have won nothing and Ronaldo didn't do it at his peak. When would you say Ronaldo's peak was? At United he had the best defense in Europe, Rooney and Tevez consistently supporting him and United kept winning without him. During his first years at Real Madrid, Ronaldo won very little and he wasn't dragging Madrid anyway he had a very solid team around him with the likes of Ramos, Pepe, prime Marcelo, Ozil, Di Maria, Higuain, Benzema and Xabi Alonso. A little bit later they added Modric, Kroos and Bale. It's the addition of the latters that saw them actually win a lot more.
Usually agree with you but Ronaldo made the difference to that team once he became the sum of his parts. From 06-09 we won three league titles, league cup, CL, World Club Cup. In the three years after he left we won one league and a league cup. It took until 12/13 to add another title. We won more in that three year period than we have since Ronaldo left. As for Real Madrid he was competing with arguably the greatest club side of all time, against a player of equal influence to that team, which kind of equalled out Ronaldos individual influence and the difference that could’ve made.

It wasn’t the drop off in Barcelona that saw Madrid win more ? I agree it’s a team game but Ronaldo was THE difference between dominating and competing for us and was the difference between competing and really being also rams for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.