Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

So he’s doing a ADM and his last game for us is him going off ‘injured’ before half-time?

That is some sad shit, especially considering he’s technically a homegrown Utd product.

Fecking wow :rolleyes:

prateik

Finally .. Should never have signed him back..

Just move on.. pretend it never happened.

romufc

So all of a sudden context and team building became important.

Ole played Pogba in CM, every manager played Pogba in CM. Doesn't prove anything. We have decent enough sized squad and players will be rotated.

Anyways I'm done with this argument, it's a team game but for some reason people keep relying on individuals to bail us out or win titles when the teams next to us hire good managers and are getting most out of their squad. At the same time, we hire not good enough and washed up managers.

yep keep telling yourself that when in Jose's last job he wont he PL.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
yep keep telling yourself that when in Jose's last job he wont he PL.
I don't need to tell it to myself, whole world see that. That's why his career is on downward trajectory and none of the big clubs even consider him.

flameinthesun

This is the ideal way to leave after everything. He can quietly go to another team in the summer. Just seems like United and Pogba were just never a good fit. Both sides made mistakes, so a quiet parting of ways is fine with me.

Nero

He'll be the same tragic inconsistent half-assed player at his new club.

Can't wait for him to smash one in from 30 yards and the Pogba thread gets bumped with comments bemoaning his loss.

Zen86

He's the posterboy for everything that's been wrong these past years, and that takes some doing with the squad we have.

Canagel

Bye bye Pogba, thanks for nothing.
Thanks for nothing? He delivered 2 trophies here, including a European trophy as the Player of the tournament (still the last trophy this club has won) and also scored in the final. If this is nothing I would like to know what do you make of 80% of the current squad or players that have been here during his period and left that brought us nothing but failure? Short memories and all that.

m1tch

He'll be the same tragic inconsistent half-assed player at his new club.

Can't wait for him to smash one in from 30 yards and the Pogba thread gets bumped with comments bemoaning his loss.
He'll bang one in and do a Harry Maguire San Marino celebration for sure.

I'm sure he'll do well in the honeymoon period at his new club but I'll be astounded of he delivers consistently over the next 3-4 years.

Canagel

Wish I could think back to a few good memories with him at least. But I can't. I associate the trophies from Joses tenure with Ibra and Herrera. Nothing really stands out except frustrations. That and I suppose recognizing how serious covid was even if you were healthy - knocked Paul out for months!
He was the voted as the player of the tournament in the EL and scored the game opening goal of the final.

This concerns me.

I know we have somewhat failed in midfield but lets not put all the blame on the club. Pogba was part of the midfield that was being built, the main CM who can play box - box.

We have had Herrera, who failed
Matic, a proper DM, failed
Fred, failed

The club did try, yet the midfield kept failing. There comes to a point where you have to look at Pogba too.

Do you remember who the midfielders were when Yaya was bossing the PL? I don't, he lifted other players games, Pogba has failed to do that.

He failed the club as much as the club failed him.
Nah, I do somewhat agree. Pogba isn't without fault at all. But he was and never will be a "fighter" who'll grind it out when things are shite. We was brilliant at Juventus because he had Pirlo, Vidal and Marchiso in a midfield four.

I've said before that I considered Pogba - Matić - Herrera a potential solid midfield but it never really worked consistently.

Hackman2210

Just get him into one last 5 a side game against Keane, Neville, Butt, Scholesy and Hughes. After that Bag him and tag him!!

The perfect reflection of our current club - Pogba. Lots of likes but no end product. Hopefully a new rain will come and wash the scum off the streets.

romufc

Nah, I do somewhat agree. Pogba isn't without fault at all. But he was and never will be a "fighter" who'll grind it out when things are shite. We was brilliant at Juventus because he had Pirlo, Vidal and Marchiso in a midfield four.

I've said before that I considered Pogba - Matić - Herrera a potential solid midfield but it never really worked consistently.
Exactly. In my view, if you are an elite player you do well to lift players around you.

Exactly people forget that Pogba had 3 other players 2 of them workhorses around him and people forget the WC where France had a bad first game then brought Matuidi to help defensively in for a LW.

How can a CM who is meant to be box to box need so much protection?

The_Midfielder

Too many flaws to his game that has been exploited in the PL
Weak defensively
Holds the ball too long .. so high chance of steal
Good long/ short passing .. but not enough goals to play. In the number 10 role
Bad pressing and slow
Will foul if he cannot get the ball defensively
Poor in defensive headers
His best games were when he played in the left wing last season

SATA

Weird, who is going to be able to afford his weekly wages besides Paris? The PSG fans don’t really like him, do they? I’ll be very surprised if Real can afford him on their payroll after signing Mbappe

Ted Lasso

This is really wrong though mate. Pogba had a big role in those wins.
That's what I mean. He had one season of influence in the Europa League. In a season when Ibra was also showing a ton of character and class.

So when reflecting back, that's not a Pogba highlight. That's a team highlight - Jose, Ibra, Pogba, just United as a whole having their most successful season since SAF left.

The magnitude of failure - on and off the pitch - the rest of the years makes any accomplished performances from part of the first season barely a memory.

Ted Lasso

He was the voted as the player of the tournament in the EL and scored the game opening goal of the final.
So? I thought the Europa League was a nothing tournament for most United fans. Much like the League cup and FA cup.

That aside, a single season of worth across many many more that have been abject is why it's hard to feel a significant loss with Pogba moving on. He really was underwhelming and you could have slotted a dozen different midfielders into his role in that trophy ..I mean, it was the Europa League after all.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
We let this guy go on a free, bought him back for £90m, and are about to let him go on a free again. Top business.

SAFMUTD

Im actually curious on who's going to pay the wages he's currently on. According to reportrs he's on 350k a week, he's become injury prone in the last 3 seasons and his performances havent been anywhere near close to that wages. I can only see PSG getting him due to the commercial benefits of the deal, but I would have thought that it would've been settled by now.

Maybe Riaola is struggling to get him the wages he wants? maybe its a negotiation tactic to raise the wages bluffing at other teams that he may still sign a new contract? who knows, I just hope we are not stupid enough to offer him a new contract.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
And Harry Maguire? Bissaka?
I'd say Pogba is still worse considering the price tag, wages, and expectations he came with.

We got 2 solid but unspectacular years out of AWB prior to this season.
We got 1 solid, 1 so-so year out of Maguire prior to this season.

For me, it's a toss up between Pogba and Sanchez as our worst ever signing - I think Pogba edges it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our fans have acted disgracefully towards Pogba. Once again accused of faking a legitimate injury.
Pogba gets the last laugh on the fans. Leaving on a free.

RVN1991

Our fans have acted disgracefully towards Pogba. Once again accused of faking a legitimate injury.
TBF don't think anybody is shedding tears over him leaving whether on a free or not. Seems like a nice lad but good riddance.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Yes, it's really going to hurt the supporters pockets that he's leaving for a free.

What planet do you live on?

Status
Not open for further replies.