Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pogba, Lukaku and Maguire should scare us off ever paying anywhere near £80m for a single player ever again. Too much risk, too little reward.
Even without the power of hindsight it was obvious from the start that we’ve overpaid massively (Lukaku)/extremely (Maguire) for two out of three of those transfers. Pogba’s transfer was different though, his age, seemingly endless talent & stature at the time did justify an enormous transfer fee, but in the end it failed to pay off spectacularly :(

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Even without the power of hindsight it was obvious from the start that we’ve overpaid massively (Lukaku)/extremely (Maguire) for two out of three of those transfers. Pogba’s transfer was different though, his age, seemingly endless talent & stature at the time did justify an enormous transfer fee, but in the end it failed to pay off spectacularly :(
I agree with this. A mind blowing talent but no drive to kick on for us. the most frustrating player in my lifetime at utd. All the physical tools way too little of the brain or heart.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
So he is out injured for the rest of the season as predicted when seeing him walking off. Where are the apologies from those morons who said he gave up and left the field faking an injury? Didn't read any of the comments above but I assume there are none. Pathetic from those feeling guilty, generally pathetic behavior from many people when it comes to Pogba for a long period of time. Shaw, Maguire, AWB, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sancho, McTominay, Lindelöf, pretty much all of them have been worse than Pogba but the latter gets the stick every fecking time.
What are you on about? The players have been getting torn to shreds on a daily basis for months. Pogba is just another one of a bad bunch, thankfully he’s going.

saivet

Pogba faked a scan of his calf and sent it to the club doctor to inform RR of his injury.

In all seriousness, him getting injured again sums up his time at the club as disappointing.

I don't think he's been as bad as some make out but he's just not lived up to the expectations we had. I personally don't think his performances have been to a lack of trying or caring but I think he's limited tactically and isn't that guy to hold a team or midfield together in a way that other great midfielders can or have done.

It's possible that we just overrated him and had unrealistic expectations but nonetheless it's been a transfer that hasn't really worked out for us or him.

Thanks for some decent youtube clips.

Pogba isn't a player for a club struggling, and especially not a club that haven't been able to build a well working midfield.

I think I've kind of had him as the perfect example of everything wrong with our transfers ever since Ferguson retired.

Best of luck to him.

Rory 7

The signing of Paul Pogba and failure to sell him on for some kind of a fee perfectly encapsulates Neville’s point about the failure of our core business. Our net spend with zero upside is really really damning. Glazers out.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
His injuries seem very well timed. Like the bloke in the office who always gets a cold the week before Christmas.
Jose was right about him.

AndySmith1990

Perfect way to end his tenure here really isn't it, sums it up
Good riddance, can't stand the man. I have such a low opinion of him that I don't even believe he's genuinely injured, he probably can't be arsed playing and fancies another trip to Dubai.

MattofManchester

What a poetic ending that sums up his time here. 10 minutes on the pitch, a goal down and gets injured. A perfect rendition of his United career.

Ted Lasso

Wish I could think back to a few good memories with him at least. But I can't. I associate the trophies from Joses tenure with Ibra and Herrera. Nothing really stands out except frustrations. That and I suppose recognizing how serious covid was even if you were healthy - knocked Paul out for months!

Stadjer

Rangnick pretty much accused him of faking his injury.
What? The tweet is a few posts above this. Rangnick said that the doctor said that he will take four weeks to recover. Is the doctor in on the plan too now? If it was a fake injury why would a doctor say that he need four weeks to recover? Seems like it is a serious injury. Feels like we went back in time with claiming Pogba is faking an injury... an injury he actually needed surgery for :houllier:

hobbers

People getting ahead of themselves. We haven’t got rid of him yet.

i bet Matt judge is still phoning Raiola 3 or 4 times a day.

Stadjer

This is really wrong though mate. Pogba had a big role in those wins.
Only scored the winning goal in the final... but hey, whatever. Doesnt count i guess? He played well in his first seasons, not what some people expected (carrying Manchester United to a title and be the best midfielder in the world) but he was good.

Over time i do think he got worse. His first seasons were better and certainly more exciting than now. He also was injured less often and seemed quicker and more dynamic. He got worse over time but so did the team. Will be interesting to see how he plays for a new club if he leaves in summer... which seems very likely.

Remember the geese

Only scored the winning goal in the final... but hey, whatever. Doesnt count i guess? He played well in his first seasons, not what some people expected (carrying Manchester United to a title and be the best midfielder in the world) but he was good.

Over time i do think he got worse. His first seasons were better and certainly more exciting than now. He also was injured less often and seemed quicker and more dynamic. He got worse over time but so did the team. Will be interesting to see how he plays for a new club if he leaves in summer... which seems very likely.
Completely agree. It isn't what people like to hear or remember though.

romufc

Thanks for some decent youtube clips.

Pogba isn't a player for a club struggling, and especially not a club that haven't been able to build a well working midfield.

I think I've kind of had him as the perfect example of everything wrong with our transfers ever since Ferguson retired.

Best of luck to him.
This concerns me.

I know we have somewhat failed in midfield but lets not put all the blame on the club. Pogba was part of the midfield that was being built, the main CM who can play box - box.

We have had Herrera, who failed
Matic, a proper DM, failed
Fred, failed

The club did try, yet the midfield kept failing. There comes to a point where you have to look at Pogba too.

Do you remember who the midfielders were when Yaya was bossing the PL? I don't, he lifted other players games, Pogba has failed to do that.

He failed the club as much as the club failed him.

Rojow

He was a real virus then. With all his social media shit and wird hair cuts.

Weird player. Like a Roll Royce with shitty motor engine.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This concerns me.

I know we have somewhat failed in midfield but lets not put all the blame on the club. Pogba was part of the midfield that was being built, the main CM who can play box - box.

We have had Herrera, who failed
Matic, a proper DM, failed
Fred, failed

The club did try, yet the midfield kept failing. There comes to a point where you have to look at Pogba too.

Do you remember who the midfielders were when Yaya was bossing the PL? I don't, he lifted other players games, Pogba has failed to do that.

He failed the club as much as the club failed him.
You can sign any CM you want, unless you hire a manager who knows the importance of controlling game using midfield, all the CMs will look poor-average.

led_scholes

I still can't believe we didn't sell him in 2019, when it was obvious he wanted out. We didn't learn with Rooney in 2013 and we repeated the same mistake. Hopefully, if someone turns with an offer of 20 millions for Maguire we are sensible enough to accept it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
What? The tweet is a few posts above this. Rangnick said that the doctor said that he will take four weeks to recover. Is the doctor in on the plan too now? If it was a fake injury why would a doctor say that he need four weeks to recover? Seems like it is a serious injury. Feels like we went back in time with claiming Pogba is faking an injury... an injury he actually needed surgery for :houllier:
Well the Doctor can only go on what Pogba tell him unless it is so obvious that it shows in a scan. Or it might be that everyone is just accepting this as a polite excuse like when Ronaldo is dropped.

Bottom line we can't know he faked the injury. But we have such a low opinion of him that it's not surprising people think he did. He's obviously deeply at the club and you can see why he would be tbh, but he hasn't earned the right to much sympathy.

romufc

You can sign any CM you want, unless you hire a manager who knows the importance of controlling game using midfield, all the CMs will look poor-average.
Jose, Ole, Ralf have failed with Pogba.

I have seen Jose dominate midfields in his day. Ralf knows what it takes for a top midfield and said we do not have that type of profile.

Whatever you say about Ole, you can;t say he didn't know the importance of midfield, which is the reason McFred started over Pogba in games, to control the midfield defensively.

its easy to point the fingers on managers, I have seen lower table managers out play us and dominate in midfield.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some of the crap I have taken in this thread. Oh how the tables have turned.....

Graeme Souness was spot on.

roonster09

Scout
Jose, Ole, Ralf have failed with Pogba.

I have seen Jose dominate midfields in his day. Ralf knows what it takes for a top midfield and said we do not have that type of profile.

Whatever you say about Ole, you can;t say he didn't know the importance of midfield, which is the reason McFred started over Pogba in games, to control the midfield defensively.

its easy to point the fingers on managers, I have seen lower table managers out play us and dominate in midfield.
Jose dominate midfields by parking the bus, playing defensively strong players and hitting them on counters. It's controlling without possession. Not all player suits that.

I don't see how McT - Fred didn't fail, maybe the expectations was so low that any decent performance was a success.

If lower league managers are dominating us, that should also tell us about the level of coaching. Not one player has grown to their potential since SAF retired, that should give clear picture where the problem is.

For the first time we have hired attacking manager who is not past his best and also training ground manager. You can't just sign players and hire average-poor managers, expect good results.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well I have made my views on Pogba pretty clear.
So I am wondering what those who are/were a fan of him what they think he has contributed to the club since his expensive transfer from Juventus.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Well, that was the last time.

Thanks Paul, for the good memor.. for that time you domina.. for putting 100% into the clu..

ok, maybe just bubbye then

The Urban Goose

Let’s just close the thread, forget about him and move on.
Agree, close the thread, close the Pogba chapter and pretend it never happened. I never want to hear about him again, even an appearance on the future "10 biggest flops" lists will be too depressing a reminder of his time here.

Go and stink up the Park des Prancers.

romufc

Jose dominate midfields by parking the bus, playing defensively strong players and hitting them on counters. It's controlling without possession. Not all player suits that.

I don't see how McT - Fred didn't fail, maybe the expectations was so low that any decent performance was a success.

If lower league managers are dominating us, that should also tell us about the level of coaching. Not one player has grown to their potential since SAF retired, that should give clear picture where the problem is.

For the first time we have hired attacking manager who is not past his best and also training ground manager. You can't just sign players and hire average-poor managers, expect good results.
I have seen Jose win titles parking the bus playing with players like Ozil, Lampard and the like.

I didn't say Mcfred are a success, I said this is why Ole used them over Pogba because he knew Pogba is not good enough in that midfield. Then there are people who will talk about France without context.

France had Kante in midfield and sacrificed a LW position for Pogba, in Matuidi. I have never seen a player that needs so much hand holding to succeed in midfield.

mctrials23

About to be a free agent with a questionable injury record so I can 100% believe that he would fake an injury to protect himself. If he actually got injured he could jeopardise a big money move. Not exactly the sort of guy to give his all for the club either is he so yeah, probably either a minor niggle or plain lying.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
See ya Paul.
but knowing Utd they’ll extend his contract and give him a big pay raise. Feckin eejits in charge over there.

roonster09

Scout
I have seen Jose win titles parking the bus playing with players like Ozil, Lampard and the like.

I didn't say Mcfred are a success, I said this is why Ole used them over Pogba because he knew Pogba is not good enough in that midfield. Then there are people who will talk about France without context.

France had Kante in midfield and sacrificed a LW position for Pogba, in Matuidi. I have never seen a player that needs so much hand holding to succeed in midfield.
So all of a sudden context and team building became important.

Ole played Pogba in CM, every manager played Pogba in CM. Doesn't prove anything. We have decent enough sized squad and players will be rotated.

Anyways I'm done with this argument, it's a team game but for some reason people keep relying on individuals to bail us out or win titles when the teams next to us hire good managers and are getting most out of their squad. At the same time, we hire not good enough and washed up managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.