Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

I don't think he is good enough to play in the PL because his first touch is bad compared to a wc class player. He doesn't get the time. Not especially when he plays in a team like United where they have no clue. He fell out with Jose and he is not performing under Ole either.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't think he is good enough to play in the PL because his first touch is bad compared to a wc class player. He doesn't get the time. Not especially when he plays in a team like United where they have no clue. He fell out with Jose and he is not performing under Ole either.
So only players with world class first touch are good enough for the PL? Also you do realize that while Pogba has not matched the expectations of a world record fee, he has actually been good in a generally unbalanced team?

kirk buttercup

Lukaku has done OK

He has all the talent but no work rate or dedication.

A midfielder like Henderson has nowhere near the natural talent of Pogba but crushes him with desire and heart. Henderson walked through Pogba like he was playing against a child. Pogba could have it all but thinks working hard is beneath him, as such a player like Henderson ends up having a better career than him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's the perfect mezzala.

LCM in a 3 man midfield is how I'd expect Conte to play him. He won't work in a 2 man midfield in the Premier League, it's just too intense compared to international football.

Pogba---Matic---VDB is what I'd predict if/when Conte comes in.

Pogba-Rice-Tchouameni is something that I would love for us to set up in summer 22 and would be superb for the team.

We've had a very lopsided central midfield that we haven't addressed for years now.
Would be superb. Unfortunately I think Pogba is sick of being scapegoated here and will leave

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

A midfielder like Henderson has nowhere near the natural talent of Pogba but crushes him with desire and heart. Henderson walked through Pogba like he was playing against a child. Pogba could have it all but thinks working hard is beneath him, as such a player like Henderson ends up having a better career than him.
Henderson having a better career than him is a nono

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Henderson having a better career than him is a nono
Henderson has about the same to be fair. He’s won CL and PL as an above average enabler in a classy team.

Pogba won seria a/World Cup/Euros in by far the most stacked international team of our generation. In my book basically the same thing as winning a CL with Real or peak Barca. Too stacked to lose.

I’d say it’s neck and neck but given the talent Pogba has it should be far more in his favour. Hard work, leadership, desire and consistent application are massively underrated on here.

kouroux

Henderson has about the same to be fair. He’s won CL and PL as an above average enabler in a classy team.

Pogba won seria a/World Cup/Euros in by far the most stacked international team of our generation. In my book basically the same thing as winning a CL with Real or peak Barca. Too stacked to lose.

I’d say it’s neck and neck but given the talent Pogba has it should be far more in his favour. Hard work, leadership, desire and consistent application are massively underrated on here.
World Cup alone and the key role he played in it trumps anything Henderson has ever achieved. He went to the CL final, lost against the MSN of Barca and won the EL. When everything is taken into account, Henderson doesn't have a better career. No fecking way.
How he is currently playing (better that is) shouldn't blind you

Marwood

World Cup alone and the key role he played in it trumps anything Henderson has ever achieved. He went to the CL final, lost against the MSN of Barca and won the EL. When everything is taken into account, Henderson doesn't have a better career. No fecking way.
How he is currently playing (better that is) shouldn't blind you
Henderson has a set of fans who really like him. Does Pogba? As a player I reckon that's pretty important. Nobody wants to retire without the love of at least one group of fans. Or even worse be disliked. Not sure how the Juve fans view him.

kouroux

Henderson has a set of fans who really like him. Does Pogba? As a player I reckon that's pretty important. Nobody wants to retire without the love of at least one group of fans. Or even worse be disliked. Not sure how the Juve fans view him.
He has an entire country, does that count ? I'm also sure Juventus fans also like him

RuudTom83

Jose and Ole don’t know how to use him.

If I was Ole right now I’d admit defeat and just pick a team without him…he needs to keep his job first without the Pogba headache distracting him.

RedDevil@84

If I was Ole right now I’d admit defeat and just pick a team without him…he needs to keep his job first without the Pogba headache distracting him.
There is no Pogba headache for Ole. He has tried not playing Pogba. It is the same s**t.
Ole may have a slight Ronaldo headache.

kouroux

Ole is gone or will go at some point. The question is who is gonna leave first between him and Pogba.
Besides Pogba will miss 3 games so we'll see what's what

RooneyLegend

Henderson hasn't had a better career than him, that's just crazy talk.

Oranges038

I've said it before, he hasn't improved or even tried to iron out any of the flaws in his game. Of course to some that is all down to Jose and Ole and bad coaching.

Let's be honest Henderson only became a great player when literally one of the best coaches of this generation got a hold of him. Who knows how pogba would have turned out under a world class manager.
Henderson has been at Liverpool for 10 years. He was already an important player for them in midfield and captain before Klopp came in.

He has improved his game since, but he's hasn't all of sudden jumped from bit part player to star midfielder and captain under Klopp.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Klopp wouldn't swap Henderson for Pogba. He'd never get in their team as he doesn't work hard enough to play that brand of football.

mancan92

I've said it before, he hasn't improved or even tried to iron out any of the flaws in his game. Of course to some that is all down to Jose and Ole and bad coaching.

Henderson has been at Liverpool for 10 years. He was already an important player for them in midfield and captain before Klopp came in.

He has improved his game since, but he's hasn't all of sudden jumped from bit part player to star midfielder and captain under Klopp.
He was a decent player for a mid table team. Now he is a great player for a great team because of a great manager. Under lesser managers it would be a complete joke to compare him to pogba

Oranges038

He was a decent player for a mid table team. Now he is a great player for a great team because of a great manager. Under lesser managers it would be a complete joke to compare him to pogba
He was a decent player and still is, he is not a great player. He is a leader, a team player, keeps it simple, plays with discipline and makes sure he gets the basics of playing midfield right. He is limited but he has worked incredibly hard on improving his all round game and works incredibly hard everything he plays.

Pogba is the opposite of this in every way, a supremely gifted footballer, who has been living off his highlight reels for far too long. He is 28, he is not going to change his ways at Utd, Jose got the blame for him being shit, Ole came in and he played really well for a bit. Now he's gone to the dogs again and it's all the coaches fault that he is isn't playing well, "they can't coach", "they aren't using him correctly", "he's played out of position", "he doesn't have the right players around him".

There's only one reason he hasn't worked out at Utd and that is him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ole quote from presser thread:

I've had players come up to me. For example I don't read social media but when Paul came up to me, angry. We expect to be criticised, hands up, the performance wasn't good enough, we don't expect, we can't accept when lies are made up. Paul told me what he put up on his social media. We're better than that as a group - the culture, environment is better, we can't stand for blatant lies. They've gotta stand up and say so. All the opinions and reports, fine, but don't make up lies about players or me."
What’s this all about?

Moonwalker

Ole quote from presser thread:

What’s this all about?
The Sun had a "Pogba snubs Solskjaer;... shelves contract talks" headline so Pogba reacted to it on twitter by saying it's "lies to make headlines". I assume that's what it's about.

mancan92

He was a decent player and still is, he is not a great player. He is a leader, a team player, keeps it simple, plays with discipline and makes sure he gets the basics of playing midfield right. He is limited but he has worked incredibly hard on improving his all round game and works incredibly hard everything he plays.

Pogba is the opposite of this in every way, a supremely gifted footballer, who has been living off his highlight reels for far too long. He is 28, he is not going to change his ways at Utd, Jose got the blame for him being shit, Ole came in and he played really well for a bit. Now he's gone to the dogs again and it's all the coaches fault that he is isn't playing well, "they can't coach", "they aren't using him correctly", "he's played out of position", "he doesn't have the right players around him".

There's only one reason he hasn't worked out at Utd and that is him.
Nope he has shown that everywhere else he is excellent that is down to the manager. Put Henderson in our team you will see Herrera level player.

Oranges038

Nope he has shown that everywhere else he is excellent that is down to the manager. Put Henderson in our team you will see Herrera level player.
Yes, it's all down to the manager whether or not Pogba bothers his arse putting in the effort. Nothing to do with him at all.

mancan92

Yes, it's all down to the manager whether or not Pogba bothers his arse putting in the effort. Nothing to do with him at all.
Considering we don't have one single consistent player since Sir Alex probably shows its the manager. Look at Lukaku with Conte. Look at Bruno. Even he is no longer consistent. We have no consistent players. So how can you blame pogba for not being consistent.

Oranges038

Considering we don't have one single consistent player since Sir Alex probably shows its the manager. Look at Lukaku with Conte. Look at Bruno. Even he is no longer consistent. We have no consistent players. So how can you blame pogba for not being consistent.
It's not about consistency with him though.

It's about apllication, he applies himself when he wants to, just so happens that it's a rare site in a Utd shirt.

mancan92

It's not about consistency with him though.

It's about apllication, he applies himself when he wants to, just so happens that it's a rare site in a Utd shirt.
No its about consistency. There's literally no stats out there that prove pogba runs less than any other player. Our fans just put a tag on him and carry on with the same lies.

Oranges038

No its about consistency. There's literally no stats out there that prove pogba runs less than any other player. Our fans just put a tag on him and carry on with the same lies.
No, they just say what they see.

What they see is a guy with bags of talent who shows up struts around like a peacock and plays half arsed most of the time he's on the pitch. If he applied himself better he might be more consistent. But, I don't see him changing, not for a new manager, not even for 500k a week or whatever it is he's looking for.

It's not worked out for the player or the club. The sooner he leaves the better.

Paranoid Android

Just saw a replay of the fifth goal. Look at the fecking half arse jog he does straight after.

Disgusting. You've just given the ball away after only being on the pitch for a few minutes. fecking RUN.

mancan92

No, they just say what they see.

What they see is a guy with bags of talent who shows up struts around like a peacock and plays half arsed most of the time he's on the pitch. If he applied himself better he might be more consistent. But, I don't see him changing, not for a new manager, not even for 500k a week or whatever it is he's looking for.

It's not worked out for the player or the club. The sooner he leaves the better.
Show me the stats that show he runs less. Please show actual proof if not all you are doing so pushing a false narrative. It hasn't worked for pogba here but which player would you say it has worked for? Literally only Bruno in the last 7 years.

Oranges038

Show me the stats that show he runs less. Please show actual proof if not all you are doing so pushing a false narrative. It hasn't worked for pogba here but which player would you say it has worked for? Literally only Bruno in the last 7 years.
Get the stats that show he runs more and prove that the "false narrative" is actually wrong.

It hasn't worked out because 5 years later, he still hasn't got a positon in the team that he is effective in or is not a total liability. But for some people it's everyone elses fault but Pogba's.

mancan92

Get the stats that show he runs more and prove that the "false narrative" is actually wrong.

It hasn't worked out because 5 years later, he still hasn't got a positon in the team that he is effective in or is not a total liability. But for some people it's everyone elses fault but Pogba's.
It's everyone's else's fault because no player in our team has been consistent. Even Bruno now

Status
Not open for further replies.