Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I've just read the last 10 pages. The amount of rubbish being posted about money is ridiculous.

Cast your minds back to the summer we signed Valencia, Owen and Obertan. Or how about The Summer of Moyes & Marouane. Our fans were seething about the lack of money being spent on quality players and just going into the Glazers pockets.

Now, we've already made a statement getting Mourinho, Ibrahimovich and Mkhtaryan. We're looking at splashing huge cash on one of the biggest prospects in world football. And people are still moaning.

Manchester United make a f**k tonne of money every year. Pogba will sell so many shirts it will be ridiculous - he is the marketing department's wet dream. Do you really think that the owners and Woodward don't know what they're doing? They are money men, they know what we can afford and what we can't.

We'll probably ship 5-8 current squad players out and recoup 50-70% of the fee anyway!

I haven't been this excited about United for a very long time. For the love of god, enjoy it!
Thank you.
Dropped the last 10 pages and was afraid I'd miss anything, seeing this at the top of this page made the skip feel good. :p

EyeInTheSky

I would rather have a 40 year old Ibra than Kane, how can anybody sane even compare the two players? It is like comparing a vintage e-type with a new Ford Fiesta, they are a million miles apart.
I nearly choked when I read that. What's Next? we will have people comparing Delle Alli with Ronaldo as Ronaldo goes past the age of 33. Harry bloody Kane is not and will never be on the same level as ZI. They day that Harry bloody Kane drags his national side into the Euros and World cup, breaking scoring records I may start listening, the day Harry bloody Kane goes to 5 countries and wins the league multiple times in those countries I may take note. They day Harry bloody Kane scores worldies season in season out I may consider it. The day Harry Kane is the top scorer in 5 different countries I will give him his dues.

I hope ZI slams in a hattrick against them next season.

Edit:

Got completely taken off topic so I will add this:

If we were to Judge Ronaldo Purley on his Euro or World cup escapades he would not be seen anywhere near the player we know he is today. To be so myopic and vacuous about Pogba (price aside, it's not his problem nor anyone else's), is a testament to the throwaway comments and utter drivel of the average,ignorant and thoughtless generation of so-called football critics and armchair pundits. Pogba at 18 was/is a central figure in a Juventus side that compete at the highest levels in the Champions league reaching finals and semi-finals. Now tell me another 18-year old that has achieved that in a foreign country and has got to the levels he has so young. He is only getting better and is already getting better. Now tell me another youngster that has managed that so competently. Only the best manage that so that is the comparison.

Last edited:

Porco Rosso

He will be worth every penny lads. Hopefully a decade worth of service. When he starts to show his stuff and lead us to titles the fee will hardly be an issue as you will be top happy celebrating trophies. People argued about RVP's Fee, no one cared after that hattrick vs soton :lol:. he's coming home, can't wait!!!!
If he signs a 5 year contract, then I reckon we've possibly 3 years before the briefing about his desire to try out La Liga starts in earnest. If we decide to ignore that and make him see out the 4th year, then we'll have to let him go at that point, or lose him for free the following Summer. No way is this player, and this agent in the business of giving anyone 10 years service!

Lets not kid ourselves - if he comes here at all, it'll be because he's not been able to persuade the club(s) he really wants to play for to stump up either the transfer fee or the wages required at this point.

Red Bug

IF Pogba and the new signings fire us to a Premier League title within the next 3 years, will those of you moaning about the fee still be going on about it then?

If Pogba and co bring new success and guaranteed CL football, then the fee in the grand scheme of things is worth every penny.

We shouldn't be so short sighted. Jose wants the best playing for us and we're being forced to pay through the nose because of lack of CL football. I'd rather we pay for quality like Pogba than punts like Liverpool make every season. How much have they spent last few years? And where are they now? Nowhere.

Sparky10Legend

If he signs a 5 year contract, then I reckon we've possibly 3 years before the briefing about his desire to try out La Liga starts in earnest. If we decide to ignore that and make him see out the 4th year, then we'll have to let him go at that point, or lose him for free the following Summer. No way is this player, and this agent in the business of giving anyone 10 years service!

Lets not kid ourselves - if he comes here at all, it'll be because he's not been able to persuade the club(s) he really wants to play for to stump up either the transfer fee or the wages required at this point.

Agree with your first point, the days of 10 years have gone. Plan on 3.

Martial_Law

WTF is this thread now...women? money? relationships? what?!

The SIMPLE fact is

Before Jose - before whatever else - there was going to be around 200m to spend this summer on TRANSFER FEES, Jose has spent roughly (even we just blanket figures to flat 30m ) - 30 Bailly / 30 Macarena / nothing bar wages on Zlatan (the 200m unaffected by him). So there is roughly 140m to spend - stick 100/110/120 on Pogba - it doesn't matter as we are still well within THIS YEARS budget (even if we weren't, don't worry I'm sure we'd survive). The 200m isn't the entire sum of money that we have forever, its simply for one term. I'm overjoyed at thought of Pogba being back , the money is an after thought as far as I'm concerned.

United Pro

That's probably true. But as long as we keep him over a years contract at all times, with the inflation in transfer fees likely to continue, we can sell in 3/4 years for a profit. In other words, we'd be getting a top player for several years and still selling on a profit. That's probably the biggest advantage of buying the best young players and it is what Madrid have been doing for a fair few years now.

Devil81

We are on the verge of signing a world beater whos only 23 and would walk into every team in the world and people are moaning about the price who bloody cares it's not your money.

This.

Couldn't care less, let people bloody moan, we've been the richest club in the world for two decades and it's about time we started making statements.

Art Vandelay

What are you weirdos at in here? Bloody hell.

Hopefully we get this wrapped up one way or another as soon as possible so it doesn't drag out and prevent us from moving on to more available targets if he's not coming.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
we have to wrap this up as quick as possible as even Jose' seems to be wanting to go for other players after this!

Theatre of Screams

Whilst spending £100 million of a player who used to be on our books doesn't sit that well with me, I'd rather £100 million get pocketed by Juve than by the Glazers.

CamuNoir

Mino Raiola on Pogba: “Maybe he will not leave. He's in no rush to leave, & Juve do not want him to go. They want him to renew his contract."

"Several big clubs are interested in Paul Pogba. Juventus are a club that want to keep their star players.”

:devil::devil::devil:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Definitely staying if Raiola is coming out with stuff like this. Time to move on.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Antonio Valencia followed Paul Pogba on his personal Instagram account

That can't be Valencia's true instagram account... I refuse to believe he would use that wannabe gangsta photo as his profile picture on the internets.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What's this about juve offering a new contract?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Feel sorry for the 'cocks frivolously out' members on here. They are left hanging with no finish.

Raiola hath spoketh-en/or something. Juventuz.com has won...

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Please note that Raiola does sometimes split BS. Remember his comment about Zlatan might not go to United and that there were other offers and that his next club would be a surprise.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Manchester United make a f**k tonne of money every year. Pogba will sell so many shirts it will be ridiculous - he is the marketing department's wet dream. Do you really think that the owners and Woodward don't know what they're doing? They are money men, they know what we can afford and what we can't.
Indeed. And lets not forget, that Woodward who is actually fantastic at making money for the club, is itching to get a Galactico. He has probably done the calculations and realises that the marketing on Pogba will make us even more money.
When signing sponsors we will ask them to pay more money simply because we have a big name manager and are signing Galactico class players, which in turn will encourage people to watch our games on the TV, which in turn will increase the audience for the brand of our sponsors.

TrueRed79

Queue 10 pages of drama. Nothing to be unduly worried about IMO. Posturing like this from agents can be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm sure Raiola will want to keep Juve on his side for deals further on down the line. Still expect us to sign him since we are offering a world record fee after a mediocre tournament from Pogba. That was down to Deschamps to be fair.

Womp

idiot
It's over. RIP sweet prince. We're embarassing, we've been made to look like mugs, we are a joke of a football club etc. etc.

Seriously though, recent comments indicate it's probably off.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Change topic title please. We need an influx of true desperation in this thread...