Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If they get an offer of £80-90m he will be gone. Don't think there is much doubt about that.
I remember the same being said during the world cup. They want to win the UCL, I really don't think they will sell. They are not broke.
You never know, time will tell.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It is the summer of the Paul Pogba saga. The cafe has decided. We have one every year and this year the chosen one is Pogba.

izec

If Real dont want him, which they probably dont do, i see this one happening. They are the biggest stumbling block here, lets hope the feckers go for another star player at the Euros (i dont know who, but maybe someone will emerge).

United Pro

I'm not surprised with our interest in Pogba. But the deal is virtually impossible if Madrid get involved. Saying that I feel that If we were to have a chance in bringing him in, this summer is the best. Barcelona simply put don't have the money, Bayern are stacked in midifeld, have just bought Sanches and can't see them paying £65m+, City have briefed the media that they're not interested and they've just bought Gundogan who's of a similar mould and Chelsea don't have CL football next season either and they seem to be looking at other targets (Nainggolan). PSG will always be interested but I'm not too sure if Pogba would want to go back to the French league.
But imo Madrid and him would be a perfect fit and if they are interested and Juventus are open to selling, then there's no other outcome this summer but him joining them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If Real dont want him, which they probably dont do, i see this one happening. They are the biggest stumbling block here, lets hope the feckers go for another star player at the Euros (i dont know who, but maybe someone will emerge).
My hope is Pogba isn't good looking enough for them.

Is he a big commercial attraction? I can't recall ever seeing someone with a Pogba shirt on, then again I don't live in France, Italy or Asia.

steferrari

Juventus Fan
Supports
Juventus
Clubs always say this, it strengthens their bargaining position.
Yeah but trust me, Pogba rumours are exactly the same every summer!

If you search "Pogba Real Madrid" in Google and you limit your search results to summer 2013 there's already some articles about it!
Juve didn't want to sell in 2013, didn't want to sell in 2014, didn't want to sell in 2015 and doesn't want to sell now in 2016. :D

Obviously if the player himself asks to leave then things can change, but there's no evidence to believe that at the moment.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
We need Agent Martial to go on his best wonder-run of the season to nail this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

If you search "Pogba Real Madrid" in Google and you limit your search results to summer 2013 there's already some articles about it!
Juve didn't want to sell in 2013, didn't want to sell in 2014, didn't want to sell in 2015 and doesn't want to sell now in 2016. :D

Obviously if the player himself asks to leave then things can change, but there's no evidence to believe that at the moment.
I tried to highlight this, but people not learning. Until Juve either stay quiet on the rumors or Pogba says he is interested in a move, it isn't happening.

RDCR07

...which wont move to United in the end, as all the Redcafe player's sagas :)
Thats the point of a saga. It doesnt end well. I know it, you know it and the other muppets know it but we still keep getting drawn into one every single year.

izec

Is he a big commercial attraction? I can't recall ever seeing someone with a Pogba shirt on, then again I don't live in France, Italy or Asia.
I do think he is comercially attractable, at least for the younger crowd. Different hairstyles, extroverted personality, just seems like a 'cool' bloke that fits the current landscape. I think he is popular, at least my cousins like him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I do think he is comercially attractable, at least for the younger crowd. Different hairstyles, extroverted personality, just seems like a 'cool' bloke that fits the current landscape. I think he is popular, at least my cousins like him.
Ah, so Madrid might actually go after him. :(

RDCR07

Would you call Rooney good looking? He is our most marketable player and he does bloody well with endorsements and such.

Adebesi

Fair enough. He's got years left on his contract as well I think? SO maybe youre right.

I can still see him ending up at Real sooner or later if they really start putting pressure on but you do have plenty of reason to be optimistic he'll stay.

murphs_law

If you beileve...

United make contact about pogba... Many reports on this now, every second outlet carrying it now.
United offer Mata in part exchange.... Only one report on this so far

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I mentioned earlier and have had no confirmation, but isn't there still a real threat of a transfer ban for Real?

RDCR07

If you beileve...

United make contact about pogba... Many reports on this now, every second outlet carrying it now.
United offer Mata in part exchange.... Only one report on this so far
Thats how transfer rumors work. One outlet releases it and then the rest follow. It doesnt mean its more reliable. Just papers wanting to sell more copies and for clickbait. One outlet has run with the Mata swap right? Give it a couple of days more papers will run with the same story. This is what they all do. None of them are "reliable" and none of them actually know shit. They just circulate the same bullshit that everyone else is circulating.

Adebesi

Ive been trying to stir myself into a muppet frenzy about this one, out of sheer boredom, but to be honest I am finding it hard because I just dont buy it. I want to believe Mourinho is a game changer that will entice players like this to the club but I just dont.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Juventus has a long history in fleecing clubs and I doubt Pogba would want to join the FA cup champions when he can move to the CL winners champions. Having said that, everyone at Juventus has a price tag. Its been like that since the beginning of time

RDCR07

Juventus has a long history in fleecing clubs and I doubt Pogba would want to join the FA cup champions when he can move to the CL winners champions. Having said that, everyone at Juventus has a price tag. Its been like that since the beginning of time
He has a lot of competition there for places. He fighting with Kroos, Isco, Modric, Kovacic and James. They also have Lucas Silva on the books. If he comes here he is a sure fire starter, working with Mou and we wont be out of the UCL for long.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He has a lot of competition there for places. He fighting with Kroos, Isco, Modric, Kovacic and James. They also have Lucas Silva on the books. If he comes here he is a sure fire starter, working with Mou and we wont be out of the UCL for long.
Believe it or not I've met and talked Paul Pogba when the U21 came playing a game in my home country and playing regularly was the most important thing for him. Having said that a lot have changed since then. Pogba had become quite a big name and I can't see any of those players keeping him out of the team

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
He will bench every single one of those players bar Modric.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lets hope he gets excited about the prospect of playing under Mourinho, in the premier league and alongside Martial and Ibrahimovic ahead of going to Real madrid... It's a long shot, but I would think we have as good a chance as anyone if we go for him and Madrid isn't in the question. We have the money, fame, stadium, and Pogba has plenty of friends at the club still I would assume.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I mentioned earlier and have had no confirmation, but isn't there still a real threat of a transfer ban for Real?
Yes but probably won't include this transfer summer but winter 2016+summer 2017

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Wasn't the appeal supposed to be concluded in time for this window?
I'm not entirely sure but in late January were granted the temporary suspension of the sanction , so most of the press assumed they could sign .The resolution should arrive before 1st of July and after that the clubs could appeal to TAD.
It is assumed that the sanction will be similar to that of Barcelona , allowing them to sign on the first market

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not entirely sure but in late January were granted the temporary suspension of the sanction , so most of the press assumed they could sign .The resolution should arrive before 1st of July and after that the clubs could appeal to TAD.
It is assumed that the sanction will be similar to that of Barcelona , allowing them to sign on the first market
Okay thank you.

cyberman

The sanction against Barca was not designed to give them a summer to buy before the ban though.
They even said they didn't want a repeat of the situation

murphs_law

Thats how transfer rumors work. One outlet releases it and then the rest follow. It doesnt mean its more reliable. Just papers wanting to sell more copies and for clickbait. One outlet has run with the Mata swap right? Give it a couple of days more papers will run with the same story. This is what they all do. None of them are "reliable" and none of them actually know shit. They just circulate the same bullshit that everyone else is circulating.
You must think we all came down the river in a bubble

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
This isn't a bump. I just got main forum access and I wanted to comment on the glue player that I think would hold together the United attacking side.

Pogba would be the EPL signing of the summer if the Reds could bring him in. I know the talk for him has died down, but I just saw the pass he made to Giroud in the Cameroon game was eye popping. (I saw it live on ESPN3)

I want him sending a ball like that to Ibra, Martial and Rashford. I don't care how much it cost.

you'll make up for $$$ in international jersey sales. He's marketable worldwide, he's got world class talent...and United have the funds NOW to lock him up for 4 seasons.

Then all that's left to pick up would be a seasoned center back for depth.

-tHeGaMe-

The ultimate muppet dream if we can get the lad back to OT. Him and TFM as the double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 sounds like it would be amazing. Pogba to drift forward while TFM stays deep.

Sadly I doubt it will ever happen :(