Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Relfy

Well if he does go to Real, would this then make Kroos available? I don't see Modric leaving, and that Casimerio lad has been playing regularly, so you'd think Kroos would be the one dropped, and if that's the case then we should be all over it. Pogba back at united would be great, but he's not we need right now, and he probably feels the same about us.

ravi2

I am guessing we are one of them tbh, although I expect him to go to Real.
He's going to Madrid, it's blatantly obvious imo.
I'd be very happy with Kroos (assuming we're interested). At 26, and as CM, you'd expect him to be approaching his "peak years". He'd be a fantastic acquisition.
Well if he does go to Real, would this then make Kroos available? I don't see Modric leaving, and that Casimerio lad has been playing regularly, so you'd think Kroos would be the one dropped, and if that's the case then we should be all over it. Pogba back at united would be great, but he's not we need right now, and he probably feels the same about us.
I'm pretty sure Pogba will end up at Real, that move makes sense for all parties, I hope are looking at Toni Kroos as he will be the one to make room.
Modric isnt going anywhere.

Bwuk

I'd rather Toni Kroos than Pogba if I'm honest.

Not convinced Pogba is better than him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's going to Madrid, it's blatantly obvious imo.
Wouldn't be so sure, these quotes are quite interesting;

However, he needs to choose a project, not a coach, as coaches come and go. Pogba's interest is not in being the most expensive signing and neither is it mine.
"The aim is for him to join the best sporting project and win as many titles as possible. We are talking with three teams and Paul likes the sporting projects of some of those."

Adebesi

@AltiUn I had the same thought when I first read that but then I thought about it and read it again and decided it was just about not wanting to weaken their hand by appearing too keen to join one particular club - Real. The word "project" on its own doesnt mean he wants to come to United, just because we are not the finished article. On the second read the sentence that stood out for me was the one about coaches come and go. One of our advantages is our coach, many people have suggested players might come to play for him, rather than for the love of Manchester United.

Suggesting he is not interested in Pogba becoming the most expensive player is just insulting the reader's intelligence, he's an agent FFS.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Kroos must be off. Hope we are in the running for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
@AltiUn I had the same thought when I first read that but then I thought about it and read it again and decided it was just about not wanting to weaken their hand by appearing too keen to join one particular club - Real. The word "project" on its own doesnt mean he wants to come to United, just because we are not the finished article. On the second read the sentence that stood out for me was the one about coaches come and go. One of our advantages is our coach, many people have suggested players might come to play for him, rather than for the love of Manchester United.

Suggesting he is not interested in Pogba becoming the most expensive player is just insulting the reader's intelligence, he's an agent FFS.
That makes more sense actually, although I imagine he would be in contact with a couple of clubs at least. I think you're right when saying players want to play for Mourinhho, who wouldn't? He's an incredibly successful coach and has managed some excellent players. One factor that could work in our favour is that Pogba admits he's still fond of us and Raiola is trying to move two of his clients to us already, it's not a transfer I'd rule out even with Real involved.

Also, I don't think he's trying to insult our intellegence rather protect Pogba from being called a money-grabber. He's implying that his move will be football-oriented and not money related. He gets a bad reputation but Raiola is meant to be loved by all his clients for putting their needs above all else.

Adebesi

That makes more sense actually, although I imagine he would be in contact with a couple of clubs at least. I think you're right when saying players want to play for Mourinhho, who wouldn't? He's an incredibly successful coach and has managed some excellent players. One factor that could work in our favour is that Pogba admits he's still fond of us and Raiola is trying to move two of his clients to us already, it's not a transfer I'd rule out even with Real involved.

Also, I don't think he's trying to insult our intellegence rather protect Pogba from being called a money-grabber. He's implying that his move will be football-oriented and not money related. He gets a bad reputation but Raiola is meant to be loved by all his clients for putting their needs above all else.
Maybe I'm being unfair about this particular agent then, I don't know anything about him specifically and am just painting all agents with the same brush. But I do think it's fairly standard in a negotiation to play up the existence of other options and I think ultimately that's what is happening here.

NoPace

They might be able to keep them all. Pogba and Modric as the 2 CMs. Casemiro at DM in tougher games, Kroos there in easier ones and Pogba and Modric will miss some starts so Kroos plays CM in those, or when Pogba is slumping. Modric is getting into the stage where he might be best served getting a rest of two (especially considering he's the man for his country, too) There's 40-45 starts a year for all of them with all the games Madrid play, though Kroos might not be interested in fighting for his place when he could just move somewhere else and be first choice.

I think Kovacic would definitely go if Kroos didn't, though. Whether you think he'd help us is another question

Fer

I think Madrid is going to sell James and buy Pogba. Also, I can see Kovacic going on loan.

So Madrid would rotate 5 players in 3 positions depending the game.
Pogba/Isco - Modric/Kroos
Kroos/Casemiro

rotherham_red

I think Madrid is going to sell James and buy Pogba. Also, I can see Kovacic going on loan.

Kroos/Casemiro
That's just going to cause an even bigger clusterfeck for them. Zidane sorted it out once he brought Casemiro back into the fold, and if he has to make Kroos a squad player covering two positions, he'll just recreate that whole mess all over again, with the added debacle of an unhappy player who will be undeservedly second choice through no fault of his own.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

Kroos/Casemiro
This is what I think will happen as well. Five players for three positions is pretty sensible. The idea that they will sell Kroos or Modric is a pipe dream.

It will be interesting to see where James goes if they sell him. Real will want a big fee but I don't see that many clubs with the funds that would be interested. I don't really see him as a Mourinho player, nor do I think Pep would want him. PSG or Chelsea, maybe?

Fer

That's just going to cause an even bigger clusterfeck for them. Zidane sorted it out once he brought Casemiro back into the fold, and if he has to make Kroos a squad player covering two positions, he'll just recreate that whole mess all over again, with the added debacle of an unhappy player who will be undeservedly second choice through no fault of his own.
They are the current winners of the Champions League. James and Kovacic out for Pogba is realistic.

During the season there are injuries, bad form, rotation, different tournaments/cups. Also, they change formation if they need to strength the midfield in big games, etc.

5 players for 3 positions it's okay. We have Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, TFM, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Rooney and even Pereira and Mata... and still we want 1 or 2 more midfielders.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
They are the current winners of the Champions League. James and Kovacic out for Pogba is realistic.

During the season there are injuries, bad form, rotation, different tournaments/cups. Also, they change formation if they need to strength the midfield in big games, etc.

5 players for 3 positions it's okay. We have Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, TFM, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Rooney and even Pereira and Mata... and still we want 1 or 2 more midfielders.
Yes, we have five shit-to-average players for 5 positions.

Gutted knowing Real will get Pogba.

I wonder if we will ever manage to sign a tier 1 star player.

Barca and Real have several each. We haven't had one for 7 years.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes, we have five shit-to-average players for 5 positions.

Gutted knowing Real will get Pogba.

I wonder if we will ever manage to sign a tier 1 star player.

Barca and Real have several each. We haven't had one for 7 years.
Di Maria says hello.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I would say we could offer him more money but Real will just match it.

The fact that his agent only named one of the three clubs they are talking to strongly suggests they are in pole position.

RoyH1

I'm not so sure Pogba to Madrid is a done deal. Raiola giving an interview about this this contravenes Real Madrid's request for hush hush on the issue.

Seems to me he wants to drive the price up more than anything. The bigger the sale, the larger his commission.

ghagua

Glad that Real Madrid are in for Pogba at that price. I am a fan of Pogba, but woud hate to see United pay the rumored price that Juventus want. That kind of price should be for players who can carry a team on their own, not for someone who is slightly better than average.

Von Mistelroum

With huge (as someone said before 'tier 1') talents like this, who are already well known, once Barca, Bayern, Real become involved, we're out of the equation. It's not ideal, but it's best to move on and look for a good alternative. If scouted well, an alternative could turn out to be just as good.

Sparky Rhiwabon

With huge (as someone said before 'tier 1') talents like this, who are already well known, once Barca, Bayern, Real become involved, we're out of the equation. It's not ideal, but it's best to move on and look for a good alternative. If scouted well, an alternative could turn out to be just as good.
Sadly, you're probably right. When it comes to the top talent we normally either need to catch it early (Martial) or at the tail end of their career (Schweinsteiger, Ibra)