Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Hes and accident waiting to happen tbh, lacks positional disciplne, and always looks like hes going to give away a penalty.
Jones has been good for the most part when he' played this season, although I definitely agree that he lacks positional discipline.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't agree with that. I mean, sure, he looks rash and wild in the challenge and his style of play is a bit cavemanish, similar to how Rafael used to be, but he was actually a titan at the back for us earlier on in the season. I don't know, it might be a case of me having a tad of selective memory, but there's not a lot to criticise about him this season apart from his injury woes.
I agree about this season, but then he hasn't played many games. I think Smalling is a better CB than him tbh, but he also is always injured *sigh*

Zoo

so any news on when he's likely to be back?
Phil Jones is on course to return to action for Manchester United over the Christmas period after stepping up his comeback from a two-month shin injury lay-off.

Jones has not figured in the United team since playing in the 2-2 draw against West Bromwich at The Hawthorns on Oct 20.

The England defender has been forced to rest the shin injury in an effort to resolve the problem, but the 22-year-old has now been cleared to resume training with Louis van Gaal's Old Trafford squad.

Jones will not be considered for Sunday's home game against Liverpool, with Van Gaal keen for the player to train for at least two weeks before returning to first-team contention.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...mier-League-return-over-Christmas-period.html

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Injury or brainless challenge imminent.

Woodenlung

Jones straight in for Rojo who isn't even in the squad.

Has he gotten injured too?

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Maybe him and Smalling can start playing some games together from next week then, just maybe if they don't get crocked up again.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's got errors in him in every game. Fresh off an injury and in his first game back against a side set up to run at him. Let's pray for a miraculous performance!

hurricane thunderclap

Jones v Liverpool ? This seasons Vidic :confused: , they will be pushing his buttons ( at least for the ten minutes he is on the pitch , before injuring himself in a pointless sliding tackle on the advertising boards )

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He'll prove all you doubters wrong. MOTM performance today!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes he has, for some reason he isnt appreciated here, he doesn't make anywhere near the amount of mistakes as people here make out.

Ixion

Was being really over cautious in the first 15 minutes never passing the ball forward and you could tell the crowd were picking up on it, give him the benefit of the doubt though after being out so long, made a couple of mistakes but he was decent.

Walters_19_MuFc

For someone who was out for two months, I felt he did really well. Looked a bit rusty in the first half, but really grew into the game. The amount of times he got in front of his man to make the interception was excellent, in my opinion. Just hope he can stay fit.

SirAF

Ageist
I thought he did well, I'd feel very comfortable with a match fit Smalling and Jones at CB.

FromTheBench

Started off Rusty first 30 minutes, but after he settled he was very good.

Best performance at RCB or LCB in a back 3 so far this season. Even his distribution when pressed was good which has been a problem for the 2 wide CB's throughout the season and was Today with Evans as well. Plus he got through most defensive work of all our defenders and was aggressive.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
In my mind there is no question that he could be a very good center back for us. However, like Smalling, unless he can stay fit for prolonged periods then nothing else matters.

Devil may care

I thought he looked rusty and struggled with Sterling in the first half. Slightly better in the second.

Revan

Assumptionman
He was ok (considering that he just returned from an injury). Sterling toyed with him at times, but Sterling is really good.

Would prefer Smalling instead of him in our defense though (and Rojo as the second CB).

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Smalling + Jones could be best partnership.

As rash as Jones can be, Rojo actually comes out worse in that comparison.

FromTheBench

Always have thought Smalling and Jones have very good potential as a partnership.

Haven't gotten too many games together and fecking cannot stay fit.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He got better and better as the game went on. Inevitably rusty but great to have him back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Considering it was his first game for ages Jones put in a very good performance.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I wanted to slap him in the first half after he passed it backwards every time time he got the ball, but he seemed to improve over the course of the game.

Sylar

Did really well after taking a yellow for the team to stop the counter attack. Would like to see when hes played in a back three, to sometimes get the ball and come out and run into the space available.

He didnt look fit to begin with and I wasnt sure how long he would last but got better as the game went on.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice to see him back. Now he needs to stay fit and cut out the erratic challenges otherwise he'll have a very short career in the game.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I thought he was great today. Strong, fast and composed. Only made a few errors but was mostly consistent. Having Carrick beside him seemed to give him confidence. Evans on the other hand looked scared shitless, despite Carrick being near enough him to calm him down.
Naturally he was a little error prone near the start, but improved as the game went on. His second half was fantastic.