g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Phil Jones Crawl

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He is not perfect, but you could never fault his bravery. Bless him.

Mindhunter

10/10 for bravery and giving it all. A more talented defender would never need to do something like this to salvage a situation but I absolutely loved the look on Giroud's face after that happened.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
10/10 for bravery and giving it all. A more talented defender would never need to do something like this to salvage a situation but I absolutely loved the look on Giroud's face after that happened.
True.

You can tell he loved playing for the club and I like that.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
this is going to become one of these moments that people kind of ignore whats actually happened because its funnier to play along with the lazy narrative. If this was vidic the context of the green smileys would be very different. saw them accompanied by comments like "clumsy oaf" and "duncan edwards II" earlier. hes made a huge feck up just prior to this, but recovered brilliantly albeit looking humorous while doing it.

shouldnt be used as an example of jones the "horrible clumsy defender strikes again".
Yeah but theres loads of knobends on here who like to label players immediately

Getsme

Just back from the game and had no idea that happened, fantastic.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
As much as its hilarious for you guys,its even more hilarious for opps knowing the guy doing this is your first choice defender. :lol:

JackXX

Only Jones would do something as mental as that but I think he's been v good lately. Fair play to him it worked and probably saved a goal.

OneUnited24

I love Jones and still have a lot of time for him. Hes only 22 and bar the last two injury hit seasons hes been good for us.

At fault for letting Grioud in but my god was it brave defending

FromTheBench

this is going to become one of these moments that people kind of ignore whats actually happened because its funnier to play along with the lazy narrative. If this was vidic the context of the green smileys would be very different. saw them accompanied by comments like "clumsy oaf" and "duncan edwards II" earlier. hes made a huge feck up just prior to this, but recovered brilliantly albeit looking humorous while doing it.

shouldnt be used as an example of jones the "horrible clumsy defender strikes again".
If it was Vida Smileys would be ":devil:" or ":keano:".

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Google image search 'Phil Jones Face' and it is pretty hilarious. This can be added to the list of Phil Jones hilarity.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
First game of the season at Old Trafford we had a bit of bird shit eating and the last game we have Phil chasing 'his precious'.

Never a dull moment.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
:lol: Funny as feck obviously but a great example of last ditch defending.

Ironic that a Chelsea fan is talking shit about him when their best defender built a career on it.

Tarrou

I love how he swings his head to the left at first to give him room to throw his head back a bit more, presumably to try and get more purchase on the header to move it out of Giroud's path. As it happens he timed it perfectly to hit it off Giroud's leg. Perfect technique.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I still can't get over how much of a ragdoll he turns into as soon as he heads the ball.

Sid234

It has to be one of the moments of the season but still credit to him for literally putting his head on the line to make up for the slip!