Phil Jones Crawl

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a strange player. England personified.
He has the football IQ equivocal to Dusty Bin but he's our Dusty Bin to be fair. We need better and let him a Rojo be good back ups anything more is a bonus in my eyes.

Classical Mechanic

He has the football IQ equivocal to Dusty Bin but he's our Dusty Bin to be fair. We need better and let him a Rojo be good back ups anything more is a bonus in my eyes.
I think he will lose his place next year if we sign Hummels or similar. At 22 he can still put it all together in the future. It has taken Smalling to age 25 to do so.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I love Jones.

Your good ol brave English footballer of old....and he is a very good defender as well.

Smalling and Jones is a pretty solid pairing. The problem is with the way he plays, he does get injured.

And though he has not been used in midfield this season he is a pretty good option to have there.

Nozzy

I've seen them practicing this for hours down at Carrington - be assured, this was no fluke gentlemen.

Gannicus

In all seriousness, Phil Jones could become a quality footballer, but he must learn from the masters of football how it's done:

Before you run, you must walk. Before you walk, you must crawl.

Jonesey has proven he can crawl.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Giroud was completely baffled.
When Jones was "doing the crawl", Giroud, was thinking, "is he going to handball it, is he going to head it, should I tackle him...what is this guy doing?"

I'm crying with laughter looking at it again! Why the hell does he salute the white line as he crosses it?
LOL. I missed the salute.
The more we analyse his "crawl", the funnier it gets.

1. Goes to get up
2. Sees Giroud coming though
3. Realises there isn't time
4. Goes back down to head the ball out of the way while risking his teeth being kicked in to the top corner
I get what you are saying, but why does he salute the white line?

Last edited:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This. Completely agree. The guy is a United legend. Just needs to be injury free and he can be a solid guy for us at the back
My backside he makes the initial mistake and floundered to head the ball (lucky) nowhere near a legend! He will be lucky if he's back up next season.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's an idiot.

They showed it well on MOTD his biggest issue and probably the reason he gets injured so often too, he's basically a dog in human form, just chases anything and everything. Doesn't have any composure whatsoever but because he does stuff like this he gets plaudits.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's an idiot.

They showed it well on MOTD his biggest issue and probably the reason he gets injured so often too, he's basically a dog in human form, just chases anything and everything. Doesn't have any composure whatsoever but because he does stuff like this he gets plaudits.
:lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I shiver at the thought of the type of comments we would be having if such 'defending' came from Di Maria instead of Jones.

Skills

Snitch
The salute seems like he hurt hishead in the scuffle with Giroud before the sip. He goes halfway up to hold his face wherever he was hit, and then he realised ain't nobody go time for that and just dives head first towards the ball.

Nutter, he defies Darwin.

pascell

He had a decent game yesterday but the crawling was just embarrassing. He has a hell of a lot to learn, before he'll be an automatic starter for the first team. He needs to stop the long punts up the pitch and trying to run it out of defence.

Looking back at the crawling now, it might have been funny at the time but it's a woeful piece of defending, as he should never have been in that position in the first place.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
He had a decent game yesterday but the crawling was just embarrassing. He has a hell of a lot to learn, before he'll be an automatic starter for the first team. He needs to stop the long punts up the pitch and trying to run it out of defence.

Looking back at the crawling now, it might have been funny at the time but it's a woeful piece of defending, as he should never have been in that position in the first place.
Yep, but it was hardly a surprise that he got himself into that sort of a situation either. A pure donkey of a defender is what I'd describe him as. One of those lads that has a knack of getting in the way and is handy at that but because he's so erratic he is also liable to create a mountain out of a molehill for himself when it comes to what should be standard procedure for a defender playing at that level. All fun and games now this morning because he managed to get away with it though.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Just shows how he is poor in his positionning because if he was one step behind, he would have never been caught like this by a simple pass from Ramsey.

It's ok against Giroud or Diego Costa, but it will not be the case against Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and co...

Vidic could have done this but for a tacle, not following a stupid mistake

diarm

He's like a world class defender, and the useless fella on your 5 a side team all rolled into the same man.
The Gollum gif was quite apt - it's like the WC defender personality spends every minute of every game in a monumental struggle with the uncoordinated idiot personality for control of their shared body!

Varun

Staff
The salute just tops it off. Funniest moment in football in a long time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
absolutely pissing myself laughing with the Gollum gif.. legendary :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's an idiot.

I think you'll find he gets plaudits because he's a very good young defender.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think you'll find he gets plaudits because he's a very good young defender.
I don't think he is, just his style is exactly what gets British people frothing. Throw your body in the way however you can and you're the next Bobby Moore despite the fact you wouldn't have to do that if you actually had a clue what you were doing to begin with. He's utterly brainless.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think he is, just his style is exactly what gets British people frothing. Throw your body in the way however you can and you're the next Bobby Moore despite the fact you wouldn't have to do that if you actually had a clue what you were doing to begin with. He's utterly brainless.
You can think what you want but you'd be wrong.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
maybe if Varane (who I suspect gets you hot by being all latin and stuff) had done a bit nore of that during the week Real Madrid would be in the CL final. Must be tough for you putting up with supporting a British team.

Last edited:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Not me. Well only frothing with rage if anything. Agree he's nowt more than a complete and utter liability but you're about as wrong as you can be comparing him to Moore. One of the reasons Bobby remains such an icon is due to his unparalleled ability to read the game. He had no pace but was an absolute maestro positionally and he could time a tackle to perfection. He had an almost surgical precision about him.

Jones and Moore are poles apart. Jones is the footballing equivalent of a barrel bomb - crude, improvised and unguided and a cause of widespread terror.