g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Player of the Tournament?

Sigma

It's a tough one.

I'd probably still give it to Greizmann.

saivet

Griezmann though unfortunately for him, his final game was a poor one like the opening match.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Wasn't Griezmann good in only 2 matches and invisible in the rest?
The 2 goals vs Germany were a pen and a defensive error.
Think Payet did better for them in more matches.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
It's easily Pepe. Griezmann bottled the most important game of the tournament while Pepe carried a mediocre team to the Semis before topping himself in the Final against the highest scoring team.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Griezzman, Ramsey and Williams is my top 3. The last one may be me being a bit biased, I don't think he put a foot wrong all tournament.

Crazy how good of a start Payet had and then teetered out quickly.

Revan

Assumptionman
Griezmann.

Don't know why people say that he was bad at final. He almost scored twice, it is fine margins after all.

Bwuk

Greizzman was rubbish in the opener, and in the final.

For me, I think Ramsey deserves it but he won't. It'll be Griezmann.

Ibi Dreams

Can't pick one stand out really, it wasn't that sort of tournament. I kind of want to say Ramsey, because he was great in every match and led his team much farther than anybody could have predicted. Nani, Ronaldo, Griezmann, Lloris and Payet were all good too

Name Changed

weso26
Have to give it to a Portuguese player and it sickens me to say that I would give it to Pepe. He's been immense.

Griezmann otherwise.

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
I think Griezmann has a good chance because of the goals (also important ones!). From Wales Ramsey or even Bale for carrying the underdog to the semis. If they chose a player from portugal its pretty tough. Could be Nani or even Ronaldo just because he is Ronaldo but none of them was too outstanding. So maybe a defender for not conceeding a goal in the last 4 games. Pepe would be the obvious choice but i would pick griezmann over him.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Pepe.

Absolute monster in defence this tournament.

Zeki Zico

Griezmann followed closely by Pepe who was a colossus of a defender for the Portuguese.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Griezmann, didnt have a great first or last game, but the bit in between he was sensational!

special mentions:

Nani had a good tournament too, i still don't think we where wrong for selling him as he had been poor for a few years, but credit where credit is due and he played well and showed a good attidtude to work for the team which has been lacking from his game in the past.

Modric in his first game was sensational and deserves a mention.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Probably Griezmann or Pepe.

Ronaldo almost certainly wasn't the best player of the tournament. I mean, he was quite good...but he essentially scored three goals in two different games, and in not one of them was his goal a sole, decisive winner, or even one that could've been said to have won the game for his team alone. His goal against Wales was excellent, but Portugal would've probably still won that anyway.

His overall game wasn't that good, and if we're judging his contributions then it'd have to be by goals, and Griezemann outshone him in that regard comfortably. Ronaldo also never once came up against overly challenging opposition (compared to what France or Germany or even Italy faced), and was injured early in the game when he did face a top team at the tournament.

Portugal's Euro victory could arguably be attributed in large part to their defence at times, and due to that if you're giving it to one of their players it probably should be Pepe or the GK. Nani was also very good, to be fair.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I'd give it to Pepe without thinking twice.

But Eder deserves to be mentioned in this thread. So many times we speak of "delivering it when it matters" and this was the perfect example of it. A player everyone mocks, so lowly regarded to the point of his team playing without a CF even with all the problems that entails. Yet he's subbed into the final and did everything right. Won almost every ball thrown at him, won a few fouls, nearly scored a goal with a great header and then went on to win the tournament. After the 90' you could see Ronaldo hugging him and motivating him for the extra time, they knew they could count on him that day. He'll always be remembered, is now part of the history books in Portugal, and that wasn't due to being lucky or being in the right place at the right time. He fully deserved it today. It's among the most sensational of football stories for me.