Gaming PlayStation 5

That still remains to be seen. I know all the rumours point to a Fall 2022 release, but it's June already and as far as I know they haven't shown any gameplay yet.

You mean all the cutscenes and the cinematic stuff? I'm pretty that is the "gameplay"

I'm trying to get intoTales of Arise,but voice acting has put me of JRPGS a bit. Highlights how dumb the dialogue is, especially with these weeb games.

Can’t wait any longer. In the queue for one now.

Give me your best excuses so the wife doesn’t kill me.

Sick to death of remasters and remakes. feck off man, just living off past glories.

Yep and players are making it worse by completely buying into them!

Remaster of a remake that was remastered... Jesus I can't keep up anymore!

Instead of developers wasting staff resources making these pieces of crap and wasting time, come up with a new game!

I haven't bought a single one of them and flat out refuse to invest in the same game a 2nd time.

Instead of developers wasting staff resources making these pieces of crap and wasting time, come up with a new game!

I haven't bought a single one of them and flat out refuse to invest in the same game a 2nd time.

Yeah while I like the idea of remasters/remakes of 10-year old games and even more so of classics from 90s and early 2000s (like Mafia, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy VII), it really makes no sense to keep remastering a game that was released less than a decade ago and has already been remastered once.

There are many games from PSX and PS2 era that could use a remake though, and I'll gladly support that even over new IPs. If I could get new gen versions of GTA:SA and VC (not the shit they served), Silent Hill, Syphon Filter I'm all for it.

Can anybody recommend some good multiplayer games?

Every now and then a few mates come round and we used to play COD, taking it in turns to play Rebirth with other mates who were also online. Recently we've played FIFA Ultimate Team but got bored of it.

Want something that is either a really good local multiplayer or something we can play online that you can just take turns playing, that type of thing. Something competitive where you play other people.

Can anybody recommend some good multiplayer games?

Every now and then a few mates come round and we used to play COD, taking it in turns to play Rebirth with other mates who were also online. Recently we've played FIFA Ultimate Team but got bored of it.

Want something that is either a really good local multiplayer or something we can play online that you can just take turns playing, that type of thing. Something competitive where you play other people.

Wouldn't be a big online player myself but I do enjoy rocket league for a bit of no brainer fun. Over a few beers it can be a bit of a laugh.

The trigger has been pulled. :nervous:
simpsons-room-for-one-more-homer.gif

Great choice. Welcome.

New PS+ rollout starts tomorrow.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-plus/

PlayStation Plus will soon be merging with PlayStation Now. As part of the rollout of our new service, we will start transitioning members’ accounts on 22 June and expect the process to be completed for all members by the end of the day on 23 June. The new PlayStation Plus will offer three membership plans to choose from, with a variety of benefits and game libraries featuring hundreds of recent and classic games to discover. Pay monthly as you go, quarterly for added savings, or get an annual membership for the best bang for your buck.

In my opinion they have to be judged on a case by case basis. If you look at the Resident Evil 2 remake, that was a brilliant effort to drag an old classic into the modern era, executed pretty much to perfection. Calling that a waste of staff and resources is extremely harsh, to say the least. The remake is pretty much the best Resident Evil game ever made.

In the case of The Last of Us, it just doesn't make sense. The remaster still looks fine and runs at a locked 60 fps, so it is perfectly playable on PS4/PS5. It's just so unnecessary.

Last edited:
In my opinion they have to be judged on a case by cases basis. If you look at the Resident Evil 2 remake, that was a brilliant effort to drag an old classic into the modern era, executed pretty much to perfection. Calling that a waste of staff and resources is extremely harsh, to say the least. The remake is pretty much the best Resident Evil game ever made.

In the case of The Last of Us, it just doesn't make sense. The remaster still looks fine and runs at a locked 60 fps, so it is perfectly playable on PS4/PS5. It's just so unnecessary.

If you take out the wasted dev time, and sometimes it can be a benefit if they use it as a testbed for their updated PS5 engine I'm OK with remasters if the game is old enough to need it, and LOU1 certainly isn't.

My main problem is the price. £70 for a 10 year old game, which I've already bought. There's no way I'm actually spending more money on it this time than last time with no discount for already owning it. It's a bit of a joke to be honest, and it's solely about easy money.

In my opinion they have to be judged on a case by case basis. If you look at the Resident Evil 2 remake, that was a brilliant effort to drag an old classic into the modern era, executed pretty much to perfection. Calling that a waste of staff and resources is extremely harsh, to say the least. The remake is pretty much the best Resident Evil game ever made.

I get that, it's just a personal preference really.

I've zero interest in replaying most games. I fully immerse myself into games I really enjoy and rarely if ever go back to them.

TLOU is a blatant cash grab and looking around social media it seems their gonna cash in and big!

If you take out the wasted dev time, and sometimes it can be a benefit if they use it as a testbed for their updated PS5 engine I'm OK with remasters if the game is old enough to need it, and LOU1 certainly isn't.

My main problem is the price. £70 for a 10 year old game, which I've already bought. There's no way I'm actually spending more money on it this time than last time with no discount for already owning it. It's a bit of a joke to be honest, and it's solely about easy money.
Yes the price is insane. Who is this even aimed at? It's going to be a PS5 only game, and everyone on PS5 already has access to the remaster if they're a PS Plus (lowest tier) subscriber through the PS Plus Collection. This isn't like Demon's Souls where the original game was limited to the PS3 and ran pretty poorly at times.

Do you know which plan they're defaulting people to with the upgrade?

I can't really see the benefit for me of anything above the base tier.
Essential (base tier) is the default unless you've got PS Now in which case you automatically get upgraded to Premium. This is the email I got on Friday:

CI7Qlpd.png

gGRRgIw.png

tRWatgq.png

How much would it cost to upgrade to the Extra tier considering my current PS Plus membership runs until November?

I think it charges you the difference for the months you have remaining.

I’ve said this multiple times but I can’t stress enough how much the quality of life changes make it worthwhile over the PS4. That’s before you start on the games and the frame rates etc. honestly think if you are a regular/serious gamer you have to be upgrading to a 5 as soon as possible as it’s just miles better than every way than the 4.

I'm going to upgrade to the Extra PS Plus tier. I want to play Death Stranding, GoT and I'm going to give the Demon's Souls Remake another go. Seems worth it to upgrade. Apparently, they're refreshing it in the middle of every month as well.

It's been in stock all day on Amazon. Things finally getting back to normal?