Please read: Upgrade to XenForo v1.2

Tomalonge

Thanks for updating us.

Shame about the push notifications but it's not so much of an issue since I purchased a Nexus 7. The android app seems to work find with push notifications, which is confusing. But ah well, probably the best result anyway. I wanted the updates for at home.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good job as always Niall, I am not sure I like this smilies thing for watched threads though.

dr.twinny

Fantastic job Niall. Having problems with tapatalk on my Nexus 7 and this update is a life saver.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The text editor working properly on the ipad is great. Thanks Niall.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I am having an issue on my samsubg galaxy s3, whenever I jump down a line to start a new paragraph, my keyboard goes mental and jumps back to the previous paragraph and writes words backwards for some reason.....i will jump to a new paragraph now and leave this post unedited so you can see what i mean.naem i tahw si siht

vanthaman

Winner
Viewing Threads ia better but I don't like the thread list or the forum list pages, can't see who last poster who replied was or the last thread that was replied to

Is there a way of viewing desktop on mobile

vanthaman

Winner
Does everyone else's look weird on iPad? The thread list page has 3 columns the same width

vanthaman

Winner
Looks like it's trying a mobile view there. Can you get the desktop site?
Can't see an option for it anywhere

Looks like the forum shrinks itself to the size of the screen rather than being a dedicated mobile version

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
On my mobile, the ad below the page is shown in it's full width, so there's still horizontal scroll.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I like how images are now reduced in size in quoted posts. So many idiots were quoting large images without spoilering.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I like how images are now reduced in size in quoted posts. So many idiots were quoting large images without spoilering.
That's cus there was no spoiler button!

Seriously though it looks lovely on my phone

Thank you

The quick reply now works, when you press tab, it works and goes to post reply

Best change ever

Duafc

Village Lemon
The look of the mobile site now looks amazing! Actually fits in the screen, and looks a little sharper. Even better than Tapatalk IMO. Great work and many thanks Niall!

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I am having an issue on my samsubg galaxy s3, whenever I jump down a line to start a new paragraph, my keyboard goes mental and jumps back to the previous paragraph and writes words backwards for some reason.....i will jump to a new paragraph now and leave this post unedited so you can see what i mean.naem i tahw si siht
Any answers to this lads?

I spend most of my time on the caf on my phone, should i try downloading tapatalk and se if that helps?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I've updated the homepage mobile design to not have that long list of forum links at the top. It is now a drop down menu which will redirect you to your chosen forum. Makes thinks a lot more compact and the list of latest active topics quicker to reach.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Any answers to this lads?

I spend most of my time on the caf on my phone, should i try downloading tapatalk and se if that helps?
Not sure about this as I don't have access to a Galaxy S3. I'll post this on the XenForo forums and see if they can help.

Brophs

The One and Only
Looks great, Niall. The only thing I'm not keen on is on the mobile site when you're on the forums page you don't know what the last thread was or the last poster.

I'd prefer they were listed and there was a link that allowed you to jump to the last post. Otherwise you have to click into the forum manually and click the last post link on the thread itself, which makes the process that bit longer.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Looks great Niall. Love the mobile browser layout, very easy to read and follow.

only the little things pointed out above, like the advertisement banner at the bottom of the page making the horizontal scroll a tad annoying. And as brophs said above with regards to the "forums" page.

Also if I were to click on someones name in a thread to view their pop up profile, it doesnt show fully. if you have a phone that rotates when you move the phone 90degrees, it does fix the problem alright.

Only knit picking here!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just one small gripe of mine is that on mobile the Username and User Tag Line box is too similar to a quote box.

If someone quotes someone it looks a bit like two quotes, not very pleasing to the eye.

I think the shading in the background needs to be something other than grey.

Also when writing in this text box, the screen no longer moves to keep your text visible on screen. You have to drag it up manually which can be annoying, especially if you accidentally move where you are typing.

Other than that it looks great.

Last edited:

Phurry

Furry Fecker
@Niall looks decent, think you've lost the webclip icon though, it's been replaced with the default Xenforo one.

Also, on the mobile version (using iPhone 5s on latest ios) when you hit reply the screen becomes narrower, like the icons in the toolbar are wrapping to soon. EDIT: actually, something is making the browser think the window is wider than it is so it triggers a horizontal scroll.

One other suggestion, on the mobile home page maybe lose the who's online pane in that view to give more real estate to the forum topics?

Last edited:

Sam

Looks fantastic on a mobile now! Great work Niall.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
@Niall Not sure if it's been mentioned, but any chance of the "go to first unread message" option?