Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halal Jalal

Agreed. But I think he is fed up here and don't really want to waste his prime years carrying this team and give up the opportunity to win CL and other big things somewhere else while he still haves the ability to be part of it. From his perspective it hardly makes any sense to resign , like what RVP did when he realized Arsenal are not winning anything and came here when we were still good.
Yeah, he has better options right now no doubt about that. I still believe that Paul could be persuaded to stay, it's the club that brought him up after all - but we'll need to compensate him for the sh*tty state of affairs. It's the right thing to do though, we're completely hopeless without him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We need to get rid.

He's a complete and utter joke of a player with a shocking attitude on and off the pitch.

Imagine what our young players must be thinking when they're sat in the dressing room on Wednesday night looking for role models and seeing Pogba sat there with that stupid haircut. Compare this to when a young Darren Fletcher would've walked into the dressing room for the first time in the dressing room to be met by Keane, Scholes, Giggs, the Nevilles etc. Proper pro's that set great examples.

Imagine the likes of Greenwood or Chong turning to Pogba just before kick-off and seeing Pogba doing childish handshakes, rather than taking the game seriously. Could you imagine Keane or Scholes behaving like this?

Or what about at full time when you want your 'senior' players to step up and take a penalty. Where was Pogba? Where was this so called leader? That's right, nowhere to be seen.

Quite simply, Pogba has a really bad influence on the dressing room. His performances are overrated and nowhere near world class. He's also a very lazy player and makes a lot of fouls because he's too lazy to cover the ground.

His comments in the summer prove that he has zero respect for the club and the fans. We also shouldn't be doing any more business with his agent who is an absolute disgrace to the game.

Fergie was right about Pogba. Getting him out will be a major part of our rebuild. Sell him and replace him with someone like Eriksen and the team will be much better off.

It was a massive mistake to bring him back so we need to get rid ASAP.

State of this post

redshaw

By the summer I think the club will accept we can't hold him any longer and take a fee of 100-130m.

He's a super passer much like Scholes but sadly he's wasting his time here. He won't be this super man midfielder that people want him to be, he's a playmaker that needs protection and good attackers, this is not an excuse. This season we went even weaker losing Herrera. The best Pogba looked was with Herrera back in the side and Matic playing well. Herrera went and Matic has shown to be done in preseason so we needed to replace both but now have Pogba playing deep in a depleted side.

He's a great finishing piece or a playmaker you bring in with the understanding you'll build a team quickly. It's been 4 seasons and we're getting weaker and committing the same mistake Jose did. Getting a decent midfielder around him in his 5th season next summer is not good enough. Half a fecking decade to get him in his best position?

Hammondo

Get rid. I think our biggest challenge is to find a club who will take him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd like him to stay and knuckle down, but I don't see it. Even if he signed a new 5 year deal, you just know there'll be rumblings of him wanting out every window. It's tiresome.

We look terrible and utterly uncreative without him, but we are frustrating with him. He's unbelievably talented, but we rarely see him operating to full capacity. Not for us anyway.

It'd be annoying if he goes somewhere else and tears it up though.

Revaulx

Its quite obvious he's a Woodward marquee signing that backfired terribly.
Not sure I'd go as far as "quite obvious" but I think it's probably the case. Raiola would have sold it by getting Ed to believe that bringing Pogba "home" would be setting right a terrible wrong SAF did by letting him go. Little or no thought as to how we would play with him in the side, and alongside whom, or even if he was really the sort of player Jose would want to depend on. Given how long it seems to take for United to conclude even simple signings, I wonder whether the Pogba process started even before the decision was taken to get rid of LvG.

The player hasn't helped himself through his inconsistency, occasionally lackadaisical play and apparent flirting with Madrid, but the circumstances under which he has been at United certainly havn't helped.

MrBrightside1989

Get him sold if he doesn't want to be here, the problem is he is a very good player and will be difficult to replace with our current standing and performances

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ideally I'd keep him but if we can't get the best out of him I suppose we may as well strengthen and form a midfield that actually is cohesive and tactically sound.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s similar to Phil Jones and his injuries. A good player might be in there somewhere, but what’s the point if you never see it?

SirAF

Ageist
If he's actually willing to sign a new deal, we shouldn't hesitate. 600k/w is appropriate for a player of his quality and we'll be far more confident with him on a long-term contract, the team needs to be built around him.

As long as Ole is in charge the season is a write-off anyway so we should make this our #1 priority.
When has Pogba performed like a 600k a week player over time? :lol: Pogba is top top class when he is on song but feck paying that kind of money.

fergiesarmy1

We need to get rid.

He's a complete and utter joke of a player with a shocking attitude on and off the pitch.

Imagine what our young players must be thinking when they're sat in the dressing room on Wednesday night looking for role models and seeing Pogba sat there with that stupid haircut. Compare this to when a young Darren Fletcher would've walked into the dressing room for the first time in the dressing room to be met by Keane, Scholes, Giggs, the Nevilles etc. Proper pro's that set great examples.

Imagine the likes of Greenwood or Chong turning to Pogba just before kick-off and seeing Pogba doing childish handshakes, rather than taking the game seriously. Could you imagine Keane or Scholes behaving like this?

Or what about at full time when you want your 'senior' players to step up and take a penalty. Where was Pogba? Where was this so called leader? That's right, nowhere to be seen.

Quite simply, Pogba has a really bad influence on the dressing room. His performances are overrated and nowhere near world class. He's also a very lazy player and makes a lot of fouls because he's too lazy to cover the ground.

His comments in the summer prove that he has zero respect for the club and the fans. We also shouldn't be doing any more business with his agent who is an absolute disgrace to the game.

Fergie was right about Pogba. Getting him out will be a major part of our rebuild. Sell him and replace him with someone like Eriksen and the team will be much better off.

It was a massive mistake to bring him back so we need to get rid ASAP.
Good post, at this stage he is causing more problems to the team than solving them.

1. He needs runners to help him.
2. If he was playing in a better team he would player of the year apparently.
3. Whatever position he is played in his wrong.
4. £100 million pound midfielders aren’t expected to score goals apparently, good job because it’s coming up on 8 months from open play (including the better team France)
5. Stupid fecking haircuts when he was been bumming around stealing a living
6. Rochdale reserve players look more accomplished than him
7. Wants 600k a week, what the hell has done to deserve that?
8. Let’s his family and agent talk shit about the club and has never ever once apologised for it.
9. “Injured” too much, someone mentioned world class players are playing too many games. In 2018 this bum played 47 games for club and country when he won the fecking World Cup.
10. Crap at penalties

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If he's actually willing to sign a new deal, we shouldn't hesitate. 600k/w is appropriate for a player of his quality and we'll be far more confident with him on a long-term contract, the team needs to be built around him.

As long as Ole is in charge the season is a write-off anyway so we should make this our #1 priority.
600k my ass, he is wildly inconsistent, has an attitude problem, no fight or desire and isn't as good as he thinks he is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The only thing that could save his career
Would be leaving the dumpster fire of a club that is Manchester United

Ask yourselves, who's been involved with your club since SAF left and performed at a higher than passable level, at best? Meanwhile, nearly everyone was/is/becomes better the moment he leaves?

When everyone has a problem with you, chances are you are the problem...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
PP is absolute world class. Salah, Kante and De Bruyne are the only PL players at his level. There's absolutely no way we could replace him adequately so obviously we'll need to pay extra - he's the leader of WC winning team and we're in f*cking Europa League, managed by a guy from Molde.

Edit: Forgot VVD
Got any evidence of this?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why is he the focus of people bile again?

Son

If we can keep Paul Pogba and he is willing to stay we should. He’s pretty much the best thing about our side when he’s fully fit.

People don’t pay to watch McT and Perreira turn out for us. If he wants to leave though just let him and fingers crossed we reinvest the money on 2 or 3 top midfielders in their early 20’s.

Players like Van Der Beek and Declan Rice I wouldn’t mind signing but even then where do our goals come from in midfield? We need a third signing who is lethal as a number 10.

Devil may care

I think we know he's bouncing next summer, I just hope for once we are prepared and know how we are going to replace him, it's not just a case of buying one player, with a restructured midfield it's really 2.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I remember the fury here when Rooney (our top scorer and the guy who often won us games with his goals) asked for a pay rise while supposedly threatening to leave. So where are those people now when Pogba clearly wants to leave and is demanded £600,000 (feck know how much more than rooney wanted) while failing to dominate the midfield against rochdale. sooner we see the back of him the better. I'm afraid Ole's love of him says rather too much about the boss :( take the £150m and buy a real world-class player or two

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The fact Pogba was not the captain against Rochdale while Tuanzebe was, says everything.

Pogba wont be here next season. But I wont blame him for wanting out. The board has completely sabotaged the team with its complete incompetence in strengthening the squad.

We will be lucky to finish Top 10.

haram

I think we know he's bouncing next summer, I just hope for once we are prepared and know how we are going to replace him, it's not just a case of buying one player, with a restructured midfield it's really 2.
With our board and this manager? :lol::lol::lol:

Darkhorsez

Would be leaving the dumpster fire of a club that is Manchester United

Ask yourselves, who's been involved with your club since SAF left and performed at a higher than passable level, at best? Meanwhile, nearly everyone was/is/becomes better the moment he leaves?

When everyone has a problem with you, chances are you are the problem...
Bingo!

Heinzesight

600k a week for this fraud!? After 3 seasons why’s he’s suddenly going to turn it on for us. He has 5 minute flashes of brilliance and the rest he’s utter turd. Nobody doubts the talent is there but the application and desire to put a shift in for 90 minutes has been lacking since day one. Heart of a mouse.

davidmichael

Would people be happy if we sold Pogba and spent the money on Maddison, Rice and Eriksen ? I’m happy with either to be honest as I’m happy to keep Pogba if he puts in 100% and signs a new contract but then signing those three to replace him we’d be getting three players that always put in 100% every game.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Would people be happy if we sold Pogba and spent the money on Maddison, Rice and Eriksen ? I’m happy with either to be honest as I’m happy to keep Pogba if he puts in 100% and signs a new contract but then signing those three to replace him we’d be getting three players that always put in 100% every game.
I’d swap him for Maddison in a heartbeat.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Bite your hand off for Maddison Rice and Erikson for Pogba. Sadly we arent going to get anywhere near that much cash for Pogba. He will be in and out of the treatment room this year. Only hope of 100m plus is if Zidane is doing a great job at Real.

Tonjo

Pogba does not deserved the 600K salary and don't even deserved his current salary. Let him go for the 150mil and use the money to get someone similar like Lazio SM Savic who is of the same size with the same power. Probably United with have gotten rid of someone who has bad influence on the team.