Pogba is the best midfielder in the world

Eddy_JukeZ

I love Pogba but I don't think that he is the best midfielder in the world. In fact I don't think that there is one at the moment, there is a group of elite center midfielder that basically have the same level, players like Pogba, De bruyne, David Silva, Verratti, Modric, Busquets or Pjanic.
Pjanic isn't in that level.

And I'm Bosnian, so hardly being biased against him. He's in the tier below.

I also don't think Busquets is at that level anymore either.

The BlackGaijin

Midfielder? Yes he is.

It is also important that we are aware that some people just plain hate Pogba and will never give him the props he deserves, good thing the young man doesn’t seem fazed by the hate.
At this point only Modric and an on form De bryune can compete.

Imagine if you add more world class players around him. We can start talking about him being the best player period in the world.

Owen06

Thanks for waiting.

In no particular order: Modric, De Bruyne, Verratti, Pjanic, Eriksen, Vidal, Kante, Rakatic, Fernandinho, Thiago, Kroos, Busquets,

So that's 12 just off the top of my head...

I think so too.
Thiago, Erikson,rakitic,Vidal,pjanic,veratti,kante are not better than him.
Please do you know who Paul pogba is? because you strike me as someone who either has no knowledge of him or just hate him.
Paul pogba at age 19 was the best player at the u20 in Turkey,won the golden boy award, best young player at the world cup in Brazil,made it to FIFA ix ahead of the Vidal you put there, and was rated higher than Vidal during their time there.
Now let me address those names you put there,
Veratti: has not performed in any top tournament,he's just one of those players people like to talk about despite doing nothing of note over the years(ifiyou are talking about the psg game at old trafford,marquinos was their most important player for me, some just say verrati because his name sounds cooler)and also he's not wordclass or a match winner, he's a good player.
Pjanic:had to laugh at this what's so special about this guy? He was signed to replace Pogba and he has not even achieved more than pogba did or played more than what pogba produced, so how can he be better?
Thiago:another funny one,I swear you are just calling names now, because I don't understand how this guy is better than pogba,why don't you ask a Bayern fan and see who he or she would rather have,this guy is the description of overrated
Rakitic: another player lucky to be at Barcelona, not as creative as pogba, not a better goalscoring threat, not as big a match winner,arthur whose a special talent has been keeping him out which is understandable cause he as always been overrated.
Kante:a good defensive midfielder outside that's a liability,if Sarai had is chance he would have been shipped out already, pogba bossed him a few nights back anyway.
Fernandiho:a solid defensive midfielder like Herrera but how is he better than pogba? You are gonna have to explain that to me.
De bruyne: wordclass attacking midfielder like pogba but not a better match winner,remember when pogba orchesrad our comeback against City,I have never seen de bruyne do that and also Pogba is the bigger talent.
Erikson: Erikson like dele alli are one of all those totenham players that are under what I call "the Spurs immunity"in the sense that when they are being average no one talks about it, last season and this season there was a period when you wouldn't here anything from them, but imediately they have a good game, the praising they receive never ends.
Conclusion good midfiielders who have their weaknesses like Paul but there is not one I'd trade him for,his top level is far higher and what he's been doing in the last two months and his carrer achievements as a whole is better than any two months I've seen from these players you've mentioned.

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Rangers FC & the red devils
He is the best arguably.

Kroos has no pace.
Modric is aging.
Ozil isn't in form.
David Silva is aging.
Vidal is aging and not as good on the ball.
Thiago just isn't as good.

His biggest competition in my opinion is Kevin De Bruyne. Pogba is more exciting to watch in my opinion and I think he's better and more skilful. But KdB might edge Pogba in assists but that's it.

After KdB, it would take someone like Coutinho or Dybala at CAM having a 20/30 goal season to maybe be better than the way Pogba is playing under Ole.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Thiago, Erikson,rakitic,Vidal,pjanic,veratti,kante are not better than him.
Please do you know who Paul pogba is? because you strike me as someone who either has no knowledge of him or just hate him.
Paul pogba at age 19 was the best player at the u20 in Turkey,won the golden boy award, best young player at the world cup in Brazil,made it to FIFA ix ahead of the Vidal you put there, and was rated higher than Vidal during their time there.
Now let me address those names you put there,
Veratti: has not performed in any top tournament,he's just one of those players people like to talk about despite doing nothing of note over the years(ifiyou are talking about the psg game at old trafford,marquinos was their most important player for me, some just say verrati because his name sounds cooler)and also he's not wordclass or a match winner, he's a good player.
Pjanic:had to laugh at this what's so special about this guy? He was signed to replace Pogba and he has not even achieved more than pogba did or played more than what pogba produced, so how can he be better?
Thiago:another funny one,I swear you are just calling names now, because I don't understand how this guy is better than pogba,why don't you ask a Bayern fan and see who he or she would rather have,this guy is the description of overrated
Rakitic: another player lucky to be at Barcelona, not as creative as pogba, not a better goalscoring threat, not as big a match winner,arthur whose a special talent has been keeping him out which is understandable cause he as always been overrated.
Kante:a good defensive midfielder outside that's a liability,if Sarai had is chance he would have been shipped out already, pogba bossed him a few nights back anyway.
Fernandiho:a solid defensive midfielder like Herrera but how is he better than pogba? You are gonna have to explain that to me.
De bruyne: wordclass attacking midfielder like pogba but not a better match winner,remember when pogba orchesrad our comeback against City,I have never seen de bruyne do that and also Pogba is the bigger talent.
Erikson: Erikson like dele alli are one of all those totenham players that are under what I call "the Spurs immunity"in the sense that when they are being average no one talks about it, last season and this season there was a period when you wouldn't here anything from them, but imediately they have a good game, the praising they receive never ends.
Conclusion good midfiielders who have their weaknesses like Paul but there is not one I'd trade him for,his top level is far higher and what he's been doing in the last two months and his carrer achievements as a whole is better than any two months I've seen from these players you've mentioned.
Take it you disagree.

stepic

Thanks for waiting.

In no particular order: Modric, De Bruyne, Verratti, Pjanic, Eriksen, Vidal, Kante, Rakatic, Fernandinho, Thiago, Kroos, Busquets,

So that's 12 just off the top of my head..
:lol:

Wum. You can’t make it to 19 because your point would look even worse than it is now with those players.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Bump.

I don't want to gloat, but this is exactly why he is not, not even close, unfortunately for us. Too many average/poor performances in big games, from the PSG and this game, you can say that, apart from Young maybe, he was the one who put most disappointing performances.

El Zoido

He was quality today, McTominay should be very grateful for everything Pogba did to support him.

Santos J

Pogba didn't have a bad game at all what the feck are you on about?

Velvet Revolver

Bump.

I don't want to gloat, but this is exactly why he is not, not even close, unfortunately for us. Too many average/poor performances in big games, from the PSG and this game, you can say that, apart from Young maybe, he was the one who put most disappointing performances.
Bump!

what game where you watching?

Ban

Bump.

You really don't like the guy.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Bump.

Sorry but what exactly did you expect from him today? You've got a hamstrung (pun very much intended) forward line, we're playing on the counters and he's assist in Shaw in closing Salah out of the game, while dealing with getting double parked because he's our only first choice midfielder on the pitch.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You have duds like Sanchez ahead of you, your midfield partners are injured but still be able to put in a shift like that is so underrated.

Pathetic bump.

rpg

Pogba had an average game but so is everyone else, including opposition Salah and Sturridge. Mane was even invisible. It was a hard derby. De Gea did feck all game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bump.

Looks like Souness is on Caf.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, again we have excuse for him why he didn't have good game. Same like after the PSG game. Okay, I am definitely not commentating his performances anymore, I will admit I am wrong and that I don't understand his role on the pitch.

Jib

So, again we have excuse for him why he didn't have good game. Same like after the PSG game. Okay, I am definitely not commentating his performances anymore, I will admit I am wrong and that I don't understand his role on the pitch.

:lol::lol:

20solskjaer

Nobodies excusing him for having a poor game, he was great today, very mature performance under the circumstances

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: out of the games to bump this thread, you pick this. Wasn't great on the ball but he fought hard and played his part today

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bump.

I first thought you were quoting something Souness said.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thought he was actually quite good defensively. On the ball not so much, but meh, not the easiest game to do well.

Jean claude van hire

I though he was very disciplined today. That's the sort of performance he didn't seem capable a few months ago, so on the whole it was pleasing to see.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That was maybe my favorite Pogba performance for us.

MDFC Manager

Bump.

:lol:

This performance is exactly why he is the best, or at least in that conversation

Arka_BleedingRed

A defensive master class from him today. The guy can do it all really. Attacking wise, he was okay considering the options before him, misplaced a few passes, but was excellent defensively and enormous workrate wise.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Had doubts he would be mature enough to carry a midfield that, apart from Pogba, had about 35 appearances for United. Worked hard and did what he needed to today.

Marcelinho87

If he is so bad why did PSG think it right to mark him out of the game?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This fecking thread is going to be bumped until he's fecking scoring 40 goals and doing 80 assists.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Bump. He didn't do anything wrong and I'm not gloating but bump.