Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

The only injury he got last season was also a hamstring, wasn't it? He made it just back in time for the last league game and the europa final
Think he also had one at Juve which kept him out for 2 months?

binary bot
Is everybody ready to go on a run and be greeted with "are we better without Pogba?" threads?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Is everybody ready to go on a run and be greeted with "are we better without Pogba?" threads?
If it means we win the games without him, I'd gladly be subjected to such blasphemy.

TimScoreboard

Supports
Palermo
I'm looking at it as a big opportunity for the likes of Ander, Fellaini and Michael to make an impact. Paul has started the season well, but we've got enough to manage; my guess is Fellaini will slip in there and if he performs as he did in the week... we'll be fine.

Shuriken

A harsh reminder of the necessity in building squads and not starting lineups.

Even if Pogba can't be directly replaced either way, depth is absolutely crucial as there's too much shit that can go wrong on the pitch… as well as off it in some cases.

AngliaRed

Herrera, Fellani and Carrick cant offer the power, pace and forward surge that Pogba offers. Let alone his skill and tactical awareness.

IMO Herrera and Matic together wouldnt offer much going forward so ide be tempted to start Rashford and Martial in a 4-3-3

Martial------Lukaku-----Rashford
-------Mata/Miki-------Herrera------
---------------Matic--------

I personally dont think we should be too negative with the games we have coming up and starting Fellani or Carrick with Matic. Maybe if Pogba isnt back for Liverpool then use use them to boss the midfield but our upcoming fixtures, my above formation should easily be able to get the job done.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
quote from Jose

"It was a personal decision that I don't agree with, a decision I don't think honestly is the best decision for him, a decision that disappoints me."

quote from Pereira

"But for me individually and for the options to play it was better to be here. Because it was better to come to Valencia to play games and help"

Sounds to me like Pereira was dead set on going on loan to Valencia.
And? Wasn't Coutinho dead set for Barcelona? If Mourinho and the club didn't wanted him to go, he wouldn't go; the guy as a contract, so far as I know.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yay, more Fellaini but hopefully more of Herrera than that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Of course we're going to miss Pogba, who wouldn't miss one of the worlds best midfielders? That said it is an opportunity for the likes of Herrera and Carrick to earn their salary, both are perfectly adequate replacements. It's a squad game at the end of the day.

AdnanRED

Didnt we beat Everton 3-0 under Lvg without Pogba? Come on I know everton is a decent team and Pogba is a beast of a player but we should and can win all these games without him, even Liverpool.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
And? Wasn't Coutinho dead set for Barcelona? If Mourinho and the club didn't wanted him to go, he wouldn't go; the guy as a contract, so far as I know.
On the other hand if you keep him here and then he does not see a lot of playing time, it might piss him off enough that he won't sign any new deals and you have to sell him.

Difficult to know without all the details of what was discussed with him and his agent and the staff. In the long run it might turn out to be better for us and him if he gets more playing time. It could also be a sign that he would rather play elsewhere for whatever reason.

Green_Red

We'd get dominated with that midfield three, why would that be a good idea at all?
Sorry I was looking at it more positively than you. I think we'd dominate other teams with that midfield 3. Mikhataryan takes Pogbas role. Mata takes up a position behind Lakaku. I dont think there are many teams over the next few weeks that will be dominating us based on our current form.

pascell

Personally, I think we'll be fine without him in all those games, although we'll likely go back to two holding in a three man midfield. The toughest is the Moscow game, with the conditions we'll be playing in and the type of pitch. Liverpool away I think we'll scrape a 1-0, it'll be hoof ball to Fellaini & Lukaku, proving Fellaini calf injury doesn't reoccure.

Jonno

It's the games after the international break that will make or break our season. We can manage for the next 4 weeks without him, but hopefully he returns for the crunch games after that.

It will do Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick to get some game time this next few weeks, this is what a squad is for

adamwest

Why's everyone crying about the Pool game? We pretty much played with 10 men in the same fixture last year... he was that bad! Love me some Pog but I think we should be ok w/o him for the time being. As many have said, if we rely on him that much then we've not recruited properly. Mou will have a plan.

LoneStar

We have enough depth in midfield to cope without him. This is where squad depth comes in handy. Will we miss him? Absolutely yes.

But we should be comfortably beating the teams even without him. We have Ander, Fellaini and Carrick. If he can make it to the Pool game, it would be great though.

Borat Sagdiyev

Time for Carrick, Ander, and Fellaini to earn their keep. For the first time since I can remember, we have the squad depth to adequately deal with the loss of our best midfielder.

Treble

We'll play with three mids vs Liverpool. If Pogba doesn't make it we'll play Matic, Herrera and Fellaini.

fellaini's barber

The only of our attacking players apart from Mikh and Mata who can produce something other than the pass,pass,pass then finally to Valencia/wings then cross which is shit more often than not. We're going to be even more uninspiring to watch

macheda14

Why's everyone crying about the Pool game? We pretty much played with 10 men in the same fixture last year... he was that bad! Love me some Pog but I think we should be ok w/o him for the time being. As many have said, if we rely on him that much then we've not recruited properly. Mou will have a plan.
But theyre better this year. Their attack is look very good, whilst Pogba doesn't offer the world tracking back, he would help in outscoring them.

iKnowNothing

Against Pool this year, I think the approach would be to try and contain their attackers. Their defense isn't particularly good - so we should be able to go for the kill without having Pogba in the team.

Rusholme Ruffian

Against Pool this year, I think the approach would be to try and contain their attackers. Their defense isn't particularly good - so we should be able to go for the kill without having Pogba in the team.
Yeah, I agree - in a funny way it might even work better. I absolutely love Pogba but there's no denying that he's still slightly unpredictable. He could be brilliant or he could make a balls up. As long as Fellaini doesn't lose his head I think we'll be OK.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fellaini is a goal scoring midfielder who offers another dimension. For me, he has jumped above Herrera in the pecking order for the time being. For Everton I'd go with:

Lukaku

Rashford____Mkhitaryan_____Mata

Matic_____Fellaini

Blind_______________________Valencia

Jones_____Bailly

De Gea​

Treble

No idea why everyone have Mata in their lineups. He's done feck all for ages. With Pogba out it's time to try Martial-Mkhi-Lukaku-Rashford at last.
We didn't try it vs Swansea, why would we try it vs Liverpool who are much better?

We are going to play with 3 CMs. That's perfectly certain. In attack: Mkhi, Rashford and Lukaku.

Darmian will play on the left as Blind would struggle vs Salah who is very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.