[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Blocked at work. Can you type text?
Mauricio Pochettino: "There are a lot of rumours about my position as manager at Tottenham. I cannot answer this type of question...The business you know very well, a lot of rumours happen. I’m so focused in trying to deliver my best in this football club." #ManUtd

drdoityourself

I'm almost anyone but Simeone...he's a divisive character who plays defensive football. Had enough of that.

BaseFishing

As much as I want it to be true, I find it hard to believe that Poch would want to come here in the summer.

He has done so well at Tottenham in a financially difficult period for the club - he has them not only consistently qualifying for the Champions League (something they've never done before) and also doing fairly well in the tournament, and finishing high up in the league every season, and on top of that playing good football with plenty of young players being embedded into the team, all of which he continues to do with very little money from the club.

He has worked so hard on this 'project' which is essentially to make Tottenham a truly top team. A project that he has spent so many years on and done so much brilliant work for, that I find it so unrealistic for him to abandon ship before the project is finished, which is to say before Spurs win a big trophy. Why would he abandon a squad much better than ours (that he has built himself) and a Champions League spot (which he has achieved against the odds) to come here next season and have to sort out not only the mess that is our first team but also do that without Champions League football.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Blocked at work. Can you type text?
Mauricio Pochettino: "There are a lot of rumours about my position as manager at Tottenham. I cannot answer this type of question...The business you know very well, a lot of rumours happen. I’m so focused in trying to deliver my best in this football club." #ManUtd

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Poch and Tuchel would be my top two. Zidane would obviously also be a good choice given our french speaking contingent (as well as those he might lure here).
Would be shocked if Touchel leaves after one season. PSG won't let him go either, unless they somehow implode.

minoo-utd

No one did what Zidane done. Yes he has everything to be successful at Madrid but winning three consecutive C.L is something you just can't simply let it go easily. Many managers had great players and all but achievements like these is absolutely out standing. Hope we get him.

red4ever 79

Our way forward is clear now. Hire a DOF before the beginning of next season. Two candidates could be VDS or Giggs. Then in the meantime be doing everything in our power to get Pochettino in. The structure of the club has to change. This could be the start of an exciting era but only if things are done right. There are also a number of players at the club who must be moved on. Getting a new manager is one thing, but changing and upping the quality of the team is another

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
As much as I want it to be true, I find it hard to believe that Poch would want to come here in the summer.

He has done so well at Tottenham in a financially difficult period for the club - he has them not only consistently qualifying for the Champions League (something they've never done before) and also doing fairly well in the tournament, and finishing high up in the league every season, and on top of that playing good football with plenty of young players being embedded into the team, all of which he continues to do with very little money from the club.

He has worked so hard on this 'project' which is essentially to make Tottenham a truly top team. A project that he has spent so many years on and done so much brilliant work for, that I find it so unrealistic for him to abandon ship before the project is finished, which is to say before Spurs win a big trophy.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.
You're right but very, very few managers working at the top will ever get the chance to manage a truly big team. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona. These are footballing giants and even in our current condition we are a very attract club. It's somewhere where a manager can build a global lasting legacy.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Voted Howe but only as head coach, the transfers would be the job of a DOF. Safe and at the same time unconventional option.

Patrick08

You're right but very, very few managers working at the top will ever get the chance to manage a truly big team. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona. These are footballing giants and even in our current condition we are a very attract club. It's somewhere where a manager can build a global lasting legacy.
We have Madrid in competition for pochh as well.

Denis79

Would love to see Jardim here. I really believe he could do really well for us and bring back some attacking football to OT.

Pochettino is also a great manager but I fear he won't be able to adapt without certain players in his squad, I'm probably wrong but that's the feeling I have.

SAFMUTD

I hope we dont make the same mistake again with Zidane, he is not a top manager nor has showned that he can develop a own football style.

I dont think he will be a great fit with us, actually I think he will flop in his next team, whoever that is.

Smores

Went Zidane although I'd take Poch if it meant we got Kane.

I think both haven't really been tested without their star player so I don't think either are risk free.

IAmAWinner

Only one person for me, Pochettino. Pay whatever it takes to bring him here. He will be the manager to end the title drought.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
That's not very accurate. If these four teams (you forgot Bayern Munich) replace their manager on average every 2.5 years (say), that means 16 vacancies over the next decade. Pochettino is only 46 years old. He has plenty of time and will be able to pick and choose at his leisure.

Kapardin

Pretty good. Every signing he's made:

2014-15: Davies, Vorm, Dier, Yedlin, Fazio, Stambouli, Alli
2015-16: Wimmer, Trippier, Alderweireld, N'jie, Son, Tracey
2016-17: Wanyama, Janssen, Velasco, N'Koudou, Sissoko, Tainio
2017-18: Sanchez, Gazzaniga, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Lucas

Obviously some of these were youth and backup signings. Davies, Dier, Alli, Trippier, Alderweireld, Son, Wanyama, Sanchez, and Lucas all proved to be good signings. Most of the flops were cheap too.
Thanks. Yeah, that looks impressive.

tomaldinho1

The fact people genuinely arguing for Southgate on social media has baffled me

gajender

Our way forward is clear now. Hire a DOF before the beginning of next season. Two candidates could be VDS or Giggs. Then in the meantime be doing everything in our power to get Pochettino in. The structure of the club has to change. This could be the start of an exciting era but only if things are done right. There are also a number of players at the club who must be moved on. Getting a new manager is one thing, but changing and upping the quality of the team is another
If we are going to get Dof then he needs to be person with requisite qualifications and experienced hand not some famous ex player who would be required to learn on the job that would be really poor planning from us.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Zidane, the outstanding candidate for the job.

Will be quite underwhelmed with Poch, having won nothing at all doesn't bode well...

ErranMorad

Has to be Poch. No doubt he is the best option to take us forward. Checks in a lot of boxes of what we would want in a manager. The "no trophy" is a bit of a concern, but let him come here and take care of that.

I'll get excited if Paul Mitchell is appointed as our new Director of Football. That would kind of mean that we have a good chance of getting Pochettino.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Either Pochettino or Zidane.

Poch signing a 5 year contract this summer and him working for that hardass Levy is only going to make it more difficult, think we'll end up with Zidane in the end.

OohAahMartial

I'd be happy with Gareth Southgate. Good with youth, modern young manager, knows English football and English players extremely well, plays a nice style of football. Would sell Jones and Smalling.

Poch would be great but I don't see him as obtainable. Zidane also good option, but not sure he wants it, or could handle such a rebuild. Jardim would be my second choice, again for youth and flair and training quality which is very important at the moment. But this must be the choice of the DOF and not Woodward.

Just pleased to be able to watch United again with a bit of hope and positivity. I recently stopped watching until we would sack Jose.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Zidane, the outstanding candidate for the job.

Will be quite underwhelmed with Poch, having won nothing at all doesn't bode well...
He should've won a trophy by now with Spurs but its only a matter of time.

As a club we need someone to build football side of the things so we can compete in the long run, both van Gaal and Mourinho won trophies and where has it lead us? We should try everything to get him signed, if it fails then go for Zidane.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Giggs not even an option?

He's more likely than a lot of the names on that list

Status
Not open for further replies.