[Poll] Who was your midfielder of the season?

Who was your midfielder of the season?

• Total voters

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This should be a little less one sided than the defender poll!

Feel free to reply with your ranking of the players, the polling engine doesn't support that.

Devil may care

Carrick, the proof is in the pudding when you look at our performances with him and without him.

Raptori

Special needs
Just a little more difficult than the defenders poll...

Herrera
Carrick
Young
Mata
Blind
Fellaini
ADM
Rooney
Januzaj

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For me it's Carrick, he is not only our best midfielder but he is also our best and most consistent player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Herrera for sure. Carrick is class but he was injured for half the season, and in terms of importance I'd say Herrera isn't too far behind Carrick and played at a high level consistently.

Those 2 are head and shoulders above the rest though, so not one sided like the defenders but it's close...

Varun

Staff
The answer is Carrick but he barely played half the games. Left him out and voted Young.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Young. Was our most dangerous attacking midfielder and consistent over the season, also doing well at WB for us.

Carrick is next in line, but injured for too much of the season for me to give it to him.

Herrera and Fellaini tied for third. Herrera improved drastically as the season went on, but wasnt great initially and spent a lot of time on the bench. Fellaini was one of our most consistent performers over the season but not quite up to the level of the top two.

Of course this being the caf, Herrera will win by a landslide.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Ander for me. Love that kid. Carrick if he'd played more mind.

Young did well. I don't think there is much between the three.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Should be Carrick if not "over the season". My vote goes to Herrera.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Tough to choose between Herrera, Carrick and Young. My order would be:

1. Herrera
2. Carrick
3. Young
4. Fellaini
5. Mata
6. Blind
7. Rooney
8. Di Maria
9. Januzaj

Flying_Heckfish

Carrick is the best player but Young had the best performances. I generally think of Wingers as Forwards these days, but I went for Young on this occasion since he was on the list.

berbasloth4

Young was brilliant all season first at wing back then as a winger.. herrera struggled to get into the side first half season and carrick missed a huge chunk as well.. if carrick was there all season and his performances where as consistent as they were he would have ran de gea close for player of season..

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
In order

Herrera
Carrick
Young

And then a huge gap to Fellaini and then the rest.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ander, but Carrick wasn't too far behind.

crimsonife

Voted Carrick since he was the most crucial, even though he hasn't appeared as much as Herrera. Young after them.

Clas Sified

Had Herrera played the whole season, he would have easily taken my vote. However the fact that he only started playing near February means I can't give him a vote.

Carrick for similar reasons. He's played more than well enough to take my vote, and was perhaps our second best player of last season. However his injuiries also mean I can't vote for him.

So in the end it was between Young and Fellaini, but I went for Young simply because he was consistent at a high enough level. He's worked hard to become a starter and to maintain that spot while keeping Di Maria out.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Not a great season for our midfielders to be fair.

Usually a more successful team's top midfield performers average around 3000 mins played through the league season. Matic and Cesc approached that mark for Chelsea in 2014/ 2015, Toure for City in 2013/ 2014, Carrick for United in 2012/ 2013 to name a few - and they were all instrumental to their team's title aspirations. Even in terms of consistency - Carrick was a bit below par through the early parts of the season, Young was probably our most consistent midfielder player but in all honesty - more towards the above average side of things for the bulk of the season, Ander was dropped and didn't really become a first team fixture until the turn of the year, Blind's form petered out as the season progressed, and so forth.

Carrick and Ander really stood a notch above a rather mediocre bunch IMO, especially in terms of what standards we should expect from our midfielders. Might be harsh on Young and Fellaini and Blind, but that's the harsh truth, according to me atleast. Could've voted for either Carrick or Ander, they were both equally deserving in terms of overall quality of their displays, but ultimately decided on the latter, and by a very fine margin mind. More like 1a and 1b, if that makes any sense.

Ander really added another dimension to the team, in terms of bringing a dynamic element to the center of the pitch IMO (something that was crucial in a starting XI that was at times devoid of balance, and even fleet of foot and mind), and showed flashes of what he could develop into, as a high octane box-to-box passer, goalscorer and orchestrator for the team - next season and beyond. The excitement of finally having a young-ish central midfielder who has the potential to be one of the best in the league, and the general aesthetic appeal of his style of play, probably colors my judgement too.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Carrick is the most important but didnt play enough of the season, so Herrera deserves it but I voted Fellaini just for shits and giggles

Dante

Average bang
Most important midfielder: Carrick
Most impressive performances in midfield: Herrera
Best player, over the season, in that list: Young

I went for the last one because he seemed the most deserving. He's not really a midfielder, though.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09

I went for the last one because he seemed the most deserving. He's not really a midfielder, though.
This.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That's why he shouldn't be the chosen one, in my opinion he was an attacker and should be our attacker of the year.

m1y2

Carrick was good but the most influential and the most important was clearly Ander Herrera, can only laugh at comments like "Carrick, no contest" etc. he hardly played more than half of the games anyway.. third would be Fellaini if we consider Young and Mata wide players, if not then Young would be third and Mata on par with Fella for me

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Herrera. Carrick is acceptable, as is Young.

The rest of the voters are idiots or f*cking about as usual.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Went for Fellaini, my instinct due to him turning it around so well.. Carrick didnt feature enough and Herrera missed part 1 of the season due to LVG.. Fellaini constantly outperformed everyones expectation

Distracted Steward

Not much between Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini and Young. I put Carrick for the difference it made and his consistency when he played.

Herrera is close, for me, but also didn't play much. Fellaini's hot streak was probably the most driving influence I saw all season, but it wasn't all year. Young, as @Flying_Heckfish pointed out, could be classified as a forward. His purple patch was at the end and like Felling just a little too short to win the poll.

saivet

Went for Fellaini. Played quite an important role for us throughout the season.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Very good
Carrick
Herrera
Young

Good
Fellaini
Mata

Decent
Rooney
Blind
Di Maria

Poor
Januzaj

Iron Stove

Herrera for me. As others have mentioned, Carrick missed too much of the season due to injuries otherwise it would have been him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Herrera was our best mdfielder. I think Mata was good in parts and Fellaini I don't really think of as a midfielder. Young was good but not great. You need to be creating and scoring and it says more about our deficiencies.

berbasloth4

What the feck does young have to do to get recognition.. are you voting for him in the forwards vote or something?? Herrera couldnt get in the side until February..

Are the same people voting the same guys giving him abuse in the summer.. he was our best outfield player last season bar none whether it was full back left midfielder or as a winger.. give the fella his praise when its deserved.

thejtrain

I think the wingers should have been included in the list of forwards. Otherwise the forward list will be just as bad as the GK's list.

Acole9

Outstanding
I voted for Young, I was very impressed by the way he stepped up his game.

Fully Fledged

Carrick was good but the most influential and the most important was clearly Ander Herrera, can only laugh at comments like "Carrick, no contest" etc. he hardly played more than half of the games anyway.. third would be Fellaini if we consider Young and Mata wide players, if not then Young would be third and Mata on par with Fella for me
Carrick 16(2) league games while Herrera started 19(7) there is not much difference in the two players games but Carrick is by far more influential. Man Utd have won 13 of the 18 league games he's played @ 72% win rate and 7 of the 20 he hasn't @ 35% win rate.

While I do like Ander there is no contest about who has been our best out field player this season if it wasn't for Carrick's influence we would have struggled to finish in the top half of the table this season.

The way the Herrera fan boys belittle Carrick's involvement this season in order to say that Ander was our best outfield player is laughable.