FA L FA Cup Quarter-Final

Manchester United 1:2 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Mon, 09 March 2015

Winrar

Hurts a bit not not really that bothered.
Took a defensive mistake for them to win, this game should show us there isn't much difference between the sides and quell any fears of being left behind in the race for 4th
This.

Irrational.

Arsenal were shit. Thought we were actually decent. One bad backpass cost us the game, simple as that.

Oliver has double standards.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Re: Oliver: He's an attention-loving, fat necked, decision-bottling skidmark.

The quality of refereeing this season has been shocking. :mad:

Truedevil

Feel sorry for LvG, the subs completely changed the rythm, he probably didn't expect such a dire second half with Blind and Carrick in midfield. Mind, we all see what Herrera brings to the team and it was obvious we won't have enough drive in the second half without him.

Di Maria is an idiot, Nani esque feck up on an important tie.

You just know SAF would have wipped the floor with Arsenal:(

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
1. I'm really happy for welbz

2. I hate LVG

3. 90% of our team are utter shit and currently stealing a living at our club and shouldn't be anywhere near our team in the first place

4. Im happy though, the result doesn't matter because we had 58% possesion after all we all know possesion is priority sod the results and performance.

legball

Stupid post if I've ever seen one.

We played well. Yes, very stupid from Di Maria to get himself sent off. A well deserved 3 match ban and he won't be doing that again any time soon. But not only could have that decision gone either way (he went down VERY easy, but there was a tug of his arm), but the match was officiated with massive double standards. Welbeck didn't get a yellow for diving first half, but both Di Maria and Januzaj did. I won't even mention the mandatory second yellow for Bellerin.

No excuses for Di Maria. You're a professional and you should not be losing it at a time like that.

But we could have easily gotten a draw, more even had that match been officiated objectively.
Well, I won't be drawn into exchanging abuses with you or anybody. I think it's the height of stupidity to do what Di Maria did. And the substitutions? Don't even get me started, that was principally why we lost, Van Gaal basically handed the initiative to Arsenal.

Oaencha

A disgraceful second half performance with yet more bizarre tactics from LVG. I can't stand the way he's always so static. Get off your feckin' seat and motivate your players.

Vanrouge

Stupid post if I've ever seen one.

We played well. Yes, very stupid from Di Maria to get himself sent off. A well deserved 3 match ban and he won't be doing that again any time soon. But not only could have that decision gone either way (he went down VERY easy, but there was a tug of his arm), but the match was officiated with massive double standards. Welbeck didn't get a yellow for diving first half, but both Di Maria and Januzaj did. I won't even mention the mandatory second yellow for Bellerin.

No excuses for Di Maria. You're a professional and you should not be losing it at a time like that.

But we could have easily gotten a draw, more even had that match been officiated objectively.
Agree with this. People often do this either-or thing and it's either our players' fault for diving or it's the ref's fault for being a biased cnut. I honestly think this was both, although I'd lean more toward shite refereeing, since the Di Maria incident was more him selling it than it was a dive, while Januzaj was off-balance and only he knows if he could've stayed on his feet there. But even if they were stone cold dives, Oliver didn't punish the other side for similar instances. And though ADM was idiotic for pushing him, didn't Joe Hart lean into him with his head aggressively earlier this season and he completely ignored it?

Acole9

Outstanding
Same old story, played well one half and not so in the other. The substitutions sucked the life out of us. Di Maria let us down with the sending off tonight. De Gea top class again.

2 Neville's

It's the FA cup, we haven't won it for years, not quite sure how people aren't that bothered. Decent first half, poor second half. Honestly though, from the 10 who ended the game, how many are currently United first 11 quality? Rooney and De Gea are definitely, Rojo and Blind maybe and that's it. Terrible subs, lack of intelligence in the team, especially in defence. Di Maria, less said the better. What we'd give for another Keane or Robson!

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
How are we getting top 4 exactly?

We going to beat Chelsea? no
We going to beat liverpool? no
We going to beat City? no
We going to beat Arsenal? no
We going to beat Spurs? no

We are up shit creek here without a raft, never mind a paddle.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
1. I'm really happy for welbz

2. I hate LVG

3. 90% of our team are utter shit and currently stealing a living at our club and shouldn't be anywhere near our team in the first place

4. Im happy though, the result doesn't matter because we had 58% possesion after all we all know possesion is priority sod the results and performance.
Gotta resurrect the meltdown thread for this gem!

rpitchfo

individual errors have cost us all season.

That's because the manager is continuing to play a system that just doesn't suit the players we have. It makes them nervous, unsure of themselves, lack confidence and frustrated. Then this happens as a result.

I lost faith with LVG when it became obvious he wasn't prepared to play a system that suits the players...if he wants to play a particular way at least wait till you have the players to pull it off.

sdb4884

It' funny how even with our great recent record against Arsenal I expected to lose this one tonight, I have no faith in our players, system or coach. LVG has done nothing but create a large mess at this club, with our fixtures to come that'll continue to be exposed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hurts a bit not not really that bothered.
Took a defensive mistake for them to win, this game should show us there isn't much difference between the sides and quell any fears of being left behind in the race for 4th
Well I am bothered and those players should sure as hell be bothered and I bet they will be. This would have given us great momentum going into a lot of hard games.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Fecking hell! Surely this is way past your bedtime child.
Takes your shit elsewhere.

You are the worst poster on here, and I am sure as well ain't taking shit from a guy whose only objective on this site is to abuse other posters. Try to get a life.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How are we getting top 4 exactly?

We going to beat Chelsea? no
We going to beat liverpool? no
We going to beat City? no
We going to beat Arsenal? no
We going to beat Spurs? no

We are up shit creek here without a raft, never mind a paddle.
Doom and gloom merchants are out in force I see, and you're not even the worst of them.

Now I know how Arsenal fans must have felt like for 10 years

Meller

Not just the goal though. He was working his bollocks off, nicking the ball off United over and over again.
Meh. Still think we should get rid of RVP and Falcao but Welbeck isn't the answer. He had an ok game today to be fair to him. But no more than ok.
I reckon Welbeck wouldn't have if he was still playing for us, mind.
True, but people seem to have rather short memories regarding him.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Our FA Cup run was a hoax with all these easy draws anyway.
easy draws we made difficult, we had Arsenal and Liverpool to contend with and the likes of Aston Villa to face in the Semis, this would have been the perfect time to win the F.A cup

Water Melon

A loss due to personal mistakes, handing initiative over to Arsenal due to Van Gaal's mistake with the sub. Positives-we were not actually that bad and fought right until the end. If we do not make into top 4, Louis needs to go, if we make it, the goal for the next season should be top 2 and a cup.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Doom and gloom merchants are out in force I see, and you're not even the worst of them.

Now I know how Arsenal fans must have felt like for 10 years
No, it's called being realistic.
I've been on the fence up until now but, it is all doom and gloom at the moment. I wish I could come on here and talk about how great we are but, that ain't happening :D

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Takes your shit elsewhere.

You are the worst poster on here, and I am sure as well ain't taking shit from a guy whose only objective on this site is to abuse other posters. Try to get a life.
Let it all out kid! You'll get a girlfriend one day. Wordplay like "Louis van Moron" will make the ladies swoon!

Trizy

First half good game of football, second half absolutely terrible team effort and ref decisions. If Di Maria deserves a second yellow for that and Bellerin didn't for his tackle I'll never know...

We were the worse of the two terrible teams on display.

United22

I don't know where to start, absolutely furious and upset... Hate losing against our annual bitch team Arsenal, who always bend over for us. Finally we lose against them.

LvG completely fecked us over at half time with those substitutions. Hopefully he has learnt that Valencia is NOT a RB and that we shouldn't be looking to play Fellaini as a CAM in these type of games. Our players imitating dolphins made it that much worse too...

Tarrou

We play a short passing game in our own half and risk losing possession high up the pitch, but then as soon as we get past the half way line we just lump it to Fellaini.

I thought the ref got things right. Perhaps the initial yellow for ADM was a little harsh, given the amount of times Arsenal players were doing the same kind of thing. You can't put any blame on him for what happened after that though.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Maybe I was watching a different match but enjoyed the game despite losing, first half was good and had Bellerin been sent off as he should, the outcome would have been different. Yes Valencia made a mistake as have many many other players but the over-reaction is unbelievable.
Substitutions I presume Shaw was feeling his hamstring and Carrick's presence presumably to tighten up midfield as Herrera was not having the best of games.
Januzaj's dive was embarrassing but ADM was definitely tugged although stupid reaction to the ref who did us very few favours.
If we beat Arsenal in the league that is more important

Boycott

Those subs killed our momentum. Blind should have been hooked if a change needed to happen. Bring Carrick on for him - like for like.

Ashley Young was so wasteful. Nice to see him get some confidence in his dribbling again but he overdone it too much.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What. We just got knocked out by his goal.
True but proved that we shouldn't have got rid of him, I know danny was inconsistent here but at least he showed some passion a desire and never stopped running for every ball. More than can be said for our current crop and our striker we brought in that's on 300k a week and can't even get a game.

Theonas

Scout
I expected Arsenal to beat us. Both Arsenal and Liverpool are 10% superior to us as teams all over the pitch and they both will finish in the top 4. David Moyes was our Graham Souness and may have done long term damage to this club.....The jury is still out on Van Gaal but he will improve us no end by next season but all of his signings for 150 million apart from Rojo are not good enough and that is frightening
No they're not. If today showed anything it's that there is nothing between us and Arsenal. It came down to an individual cock-up. As for Liverpool, they are more fluent than us but they simply can go missing in plenty of games. When you weigh in everything, we are all at more or less the same level.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Brilliant first half, stupid subs, shit second half.
This. LVGs subs lost us the game. No midfield or momentum in the second half thanks to LVG. We resorted to hoofing and diving because we couldn't get a foothold in midfield. The frustration was bound to boil over. Pathetic.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Lou Macari has just said that after the first half performance that he didn't expect the subs at half-time and if it isn't injuries he is baffled.

Reducation

I'm no fan of chopping and changing managers ...... but Sam Allardyce could be got. Football's a simple game and Sam would balance the team and build it from the back.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Absolutely gutted :( angry with januzaj for that dive when he could have pulled it back, twat.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
LvG under serious pressure to secure top 4 now.

We played alright until Valencia's brain-fart. I was confident we'd win.

Even at 2-1 down we easily could've got into the game. Ref chose not to send Bellerin off, then Di Maria deservedly got himself sent off.

Stupid mistakes, and brainless acts of petulance. Got to beat Spurs.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 467 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal
  • 13% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal