CL L Champions League Group A

FC Copenhagen 4:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 08 November 2023

Zlatattack

We went 3-2 up and I looked at the time - 21 mind left to play. I thought they can still lose this yet. Lo and behold.

mustaine

ETH should have parked the bus in 3-2. Put in fresh legs as well.

The ref was infuriating. So bad, didn’t help.

Having said that. I’m not going player by player and their errors but I have to say Onana is increadibly bad. Nobody will blame him but his goalkeeping between the lines when the opposition is in the box is the worst I’ve seen at United for a first choice. I was all for the signing in the summer but boy was I wrong. Terrible signing. As were Amrabat and Antony. Mount doesn’t play so I guess I have to add hin to the list.

I’ll give him that Hojlund will be great when we have a good team around him and Evans was a nice signing but other than that he has had a terrible season all around. Don’t think we’ll do much better under him.

Ainu

Of you're wasting time "supporting" your team, I'd go as far as to suggest you're not actually a true supporter at all.

Any time I spend supporting my team isn't wasted, win, lose or draw.
No need to start pointing fingers and judging fellow supporters in a season like this. Especially not after a match like this.

Lyng

We where in complete control until the red card which should never have been a red, especially sine they didn't even give a yellow to the guy that elbowed Rasmus in the face.
And their first goal should have been offside.
Oh and Dalot needs to feck off

johannes_fd

Absolutely horrible. Cant remember last time i actually enjoyed watching us play.

Referees obviously didnt help. Consistantly horrible. Think i disagree on every big decision they made.

Kinky Melinky

No I've only supported them for over 30 years but obviously you know best. This United side has weakest mentality I've ever seen in 30 years of supporting this club. A tiny bit of adversity and they fold like a cheap deckchair. Thier absolutely pathetic, a team full of losers.
I dunno, I actually thought at times we looked very good. It was a weird game. I'd definitely point to other games as better examples of us having a weak mentality. We just get punished so badly when one or more of our defenders make crazy decisions. I feel sorry for the players out there tonight who busted a gut and really tried to make it happen. Our defence is just absolutely abysmal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think people are really underselling just how big of a disadvantage playing against 10 men is for 70 odd minutes, never mind that we were away from home.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Of you're wasting time "supporting" your team, I'd go as far as to suggest you're not actually a true supporter at all.

Oooh, look at the newbie top red. You'll do well here.

FerociousCorgis

I think people are really underselling just how big of a disadvantage playing against 10 men is for 70 odd minutes, never mind that we were away from home.
They should be able to hold off the mighty Copenhagen to at least halftime before giving up the lead. Weak ass mentality players

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If the red never happened, we would have won by four or 4-1 or something. A really good performance up to then. I think as well if you look at it in normal viewing it isnt a red. But if you slow it down and zoom in, then it looks terrible.

Ref was terrible. He had only referred four games prior to this they said before the match, so maybe he was lacking experience.

The margins are so fine. Rashford doesnt get sent off and we win it comfortably. I still think we would struggle though against Gala away and bayern because they are bayern.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hard to really pin any blame on the manager in this game. We were comfortable and playing some good stuff with 11.

I don't really know what to say when we went down to 10, poor from the defence.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Honestly the CL and its officiating this season can feck right off

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Anyone still tuning in after the last 10 years is a true supporter no matter what way you slice it.

BorisManUtd

We where in complete control until the red card which should never have been a red, especially sine they didn't even give a yellow to the guy that elbowed Rasmus in the face.
And their first goal should have been offside.
Oh and Dalot needs to feck off
I'd say we were in control in 2nd half as well. At least until they equalized. Then it was really predictable they would score the winner.

Shame about that McTominay chance at 3-2 though. Could've sealed the victory there.

SuperiorXI

Copenhagen are the level of a bottom half Premier League team at best. Even with 10 men we shouldn’t be getting overwhelmed by them, especially when we took the lead again.
Completely disagree, at the level they're playing at, to have an extra man is provably extremely difficult, generally you do not win those games. In fact generally you are beaten comfortably.

Utd4orever

Remember when Højlund scored 2 great goals and we looked in total control of the match?

Good times
It's time to stop VAR. It has ruined the game.
Accidents turned into reds and penalties.
Change the law so accidental handballs are indirect free kicks.
Even the one given to utd was nonsense.

Oranges038

Wait.

They'll both lose to Bayern.

Then draw with each other.

Utd beat Galatasaray and they are through with 6 pts.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
FC Copenhagen 0:1 Man Utd - Hojlund (3')

FC Copenhagen 0:2 Man Utd - Hojlund (28')

Rashford sent off (42')

FC Copenhagen 1:2 Man Utd - Elyounoussi (45')

FC Copenhagen 2:2 Man Utd - Cu
FC Copenhagen 1:2 Man Utd - Elyounoussi (45')
So VAR had no issue with that lad standing a yard in front of Onana offside? That’s ok?

Grand.

Between officials, U9 defending and our players having the mental strength of a gerbil put in a snake pit… not the greatest of nights.

King Eric 7

I just look forward to the games where we're not fecked over by decisions. We're good at doing that to ourselves anyway. A lot of that game was encouraging but some of the defensive moments were poor.

Flying high

Only we can have a really unlucky red card, a missed offside goal, a borderline penalty against, a penalty not given, 2 red cards not given and have the commentators on an english stream not even suggest for a second that we might be somewhat unfortunate.

RoyH1

That wasn’t a red. The refs can pheck off. That said, we shouldn’t be losing against a game like this even with 10 men

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That wasn’t a red. The refs can pheck off. That said, we shouldn’t be losing against a game like this even with 10 men
There are a ton of teams that have defended well going down to 10 not to mention defending a 2 goal lead.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If the red never happened, we would have won by four or 4-1 or something. A really good performance up to then. I think as well if you look at it in normal viewing it isnt a red. But if you slow it down and zoom in, then it looks terrible.

Ref was terrible. He had only referred four games prior to this they said before the match, so maybe he was lacking experience.

The margins are so fine. Rashford doesnt get sent off and we win it comfortably. I still think we would struggle though against Gala away and bayern because they are bayern.
How could you be so sure we'd win at 11vs11 ? What makes you we'd have been able to keep up control of the game ? Hasn't there been enough evidence of our team crumbling in the 2nd half of games this season ?

santeria13

Sublemon
Didn't Liverpool beat a far superior side in Newcastle whilst going down to to 10 men at 28 minutes? That was also away from home. We need to stop making excuses for this shower of shite. There is no excuse to throw a 2 goal lead against fecking Copenhagen 10 men or not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have little to no criticism of the team tonight. I saw the reaction I wanted to see. We can’t be mad that we can’t beat 10 men for more than an hour away from home in the CL. The odds are always against us. This is on these appalling officials.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Felt like the Sevilla game at home. Raced into a 2-0 lead, chucked it away at the end. Even ignoring the shit decisions that lit the touchpaper, we fecked it for ourselves second half.

nickyboy1981

Im actually feeling a little optimistic after that weirdly. We played well generally and deserved something, heads didn't go down and controlled most of the 2nd half.

I do have thought we have a problem with our defense for a while now though but the dog shite attack has blurred the focus. Every single one of them that played today has a brain fart moment in them, or the tendancy to switch off. We are missing Shaw & a fully fit Martinez badly, even then I still think we need a new CB and right back.

Heinzesight

Just before the fourth goal, our players in the box started having a chat assuming the ball was going out. Unforgivable that.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Only we can have a really unlucky red card, a missed offside goal, a borderline penalty against, a penalty not given, 2 red cards not given and have the commentators on an english stream not even suggest for a second that we might be somewhat unfortunate.
This.

I wish we'd stop having a go at our own sometimes, because it's obvious how little others outside the club likes us.

Delano

I'm honestly perplexed by the reaction.

That was an utter robbery even without the pens and red card.

An offside goal, a clear elbow when on a yellow, a ludicrous foul on Maguire and another questionable hand ball.

When it rains, it pisses it down.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Copenhagen win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% FC Copenhagen 1:2 Man Utd