PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 12 September 2015

Manny

Grammar Police
Did he not mean we played better than Liverpool in the first half?
He did but watch the press and pundits twist it as Carragher is doing now on Sky

I saw it coming as well.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
@BenSmithBBC: LVG: "For me, Liverpool is a fantastic club. Because I have won every game against Liverpool."

:lol:

FromTheBench

He did but watch the press and pundits twist it as Carragher is doing now on Sky
He was asked what you thought of your performance today especially comparing both halfs ?

And his reply was that 1st half was better.

Spoony

The People's President
Massive result. Reminded me of some of the Liverpool games during the latter part of Sir Alex's time as manager. We were dire in the first half, but what a brilliant second half.

Hope this puts a lid on the moaning for a while at least.

Martial's goal's done that not our brand of football. Modern football eh.

Red_toad

Get in!! Young changed the approach towards game and Blind with great work on either goals....and Martial... :drool:
Seen so much negative shite this season about all 3 of em!
Match day thread was truely awful in the first half, worse than than the dire performance both teams helped dish up.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Rodgers is a slimy bastard. RAWK must eat him up.

hbgreg

LvG said he was happy with the first half because we gave nothing away and opportunities to score but need to improve the final pass. He said you need two teams to play football and that the first half was boring because Liverpool played with ten men behind the ball.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good performance. Not dominant by any means. Could've easily ended a draw if not for DDG and Blind's heroics. Its definitely a "process".

Manny

Grammar Police
He was asked what you thought of your performance today especially comparing both halfs ?

And his reply was that 1st half was better.
I can't remember the interview now but I understood it as him saying we were better then Liverpool in the first half.

He then went on to say how the first goal had a big impact on the game and that meant they could play more

WyoManU

Delighted with the result. The first half was so slow and pedestrian by both sides as to be more comical than spectacle. It is okay to play possession football but you have to insure that your side has options going forward and we looked lost for a lot of that match.

Memphis again looked well below the standard. He may be a talent for the future but has shown nothing in the BPL to justify a starting position. Young came on and immediately made a difference and deserves to recapture the left wing for the next few matches.

Fellaini is not a striker. He has utility but not as a #9. He is best I think when we have a striker and he plays behind and is allowed to roam and get into the box.

Mata...is...still...not...a...right...winger. FFS.

Though Herrera was mostly pretty useless today. Great draw on the foul for the pen and what a take, but he provided very, very little in his position. If you are going to be in that #10 spot you have to be willing and able to receive the ball with your back to goal 25 yards out and turn and take someone on. He repeatedly just passed it straight back from where the pass came without even assuming a stance of attack.

I thought BFS had his best match for us. Ran a lot more and controlled a lot of the center of the pitch. Looked more fit certainly although the entire first half was more walking than running by both sides.

Defense was good. We gave them a few sniffs, but mostly solid. Good to see DDG back. Blind was my MotM. Smalling, Shaw and Darmian continue to impress.

So delighted for Martial. A debut goal at the Stretford End versus Liverpool to seal the win. Unreal. I was so angry for most of the match but as soon as he tucked that ball into the corner I couldn't stop smiling and had goosebumps. Nice to see a striker with the confidence to take a defense on.

hbgreg

His quotes will get twisted and the anti lvg crowd will eat them up but he meant we played better than Liverpool is the first half.

Lewis.no.9

That goal.....something special for sure. This is the first time in AGES that not only was I not bothered at all by Rooney being absent, but I forgot all about his absence in this excellent dominant display.

Im a Van Gaal doubter, BUT at least he has made this squad better equipped at dealing with players missing. Before had Rooney missed a game....we would of been fecked. (or at least the opinion on here would of suggested that)

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Worst Liverpool team I've seen in a long time and that's saying something. Delighted for Martial.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Schweinsteiger was just different class. We'd have won a CL had he came here in the days of playing Rafael and Park in midfield.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hello Elv.

Yeah they controlled parts of the second half which probably annoyed him.
Hello Spoonatov.

I can understand where he was coming from. From a fans point of view the second half was much more entertaining.

I remember SAF saying after the 4-3 v City that the game drove him mad and he wished we'd have won 1-0.

Haters gonna hate though.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I didn't see the game today though I've seen the goals... But from what I've read in general is was another boring game and average performance? We just happened to be better than a terrible Liverpool side?

But does this game raise more questions than it answers? Herrera must start? Martial to start? Rooney wasn't even missed? What is our best midfield pairing? And what's our best options in attack.

So how did the young lad do? Other than his wonder goal of course. Did he run at people and look to try things? My god I just hope LVG doesn't beat that kind of play out of him like he seems to be doing with Memphis.

itso 7

Much like Herrera's game, indifferent in the first half but salvaged the performance by turning it around in the second. Still we aren't creating enough despite all the possession. Great debut by Martial and he does it a few more times no one will be talking about that fee. Special mention to Blind and BFS they were great.

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 1015 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool
  • 20% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool