Pre-season friendlies 2018

Walters_19_MuFc

Love the way Sarri sets up his team. Not been with Chelsea for long, but you can already see the style of play he wants to implement.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
This annoys me Liverpool vs Manchester United not being on this Premier Sport tonight. Every other bleeding team has been on twice so far.. Arsenal, Bayern, Benfica, Juventus, Dortmund, and they don't put on the one game most people will tune in for.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This annoys me Liverpool vs Manchester United not being on this Premier Sport tonight. Every other bleeding team has been on twice so far.. Arsenal, Bayern, Benfica, Juventus, Dortmund, and they don't put on the one game most people will tune in for.
That is annoying. I only signed up for Premier Sports for the pre-season friendlies (I already pay for Chelsea TV and our games are not on that!). Is it on any other channels?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
That is annoying. I only signed up for Premier Sports for the pre-season friendlies (I already pay for Chelsea TV and our games are not on that!). Is it on any other channels?
No I'm on Virgin Media, they've given us Premier Sport for free for two months before season starts. Sky don't have the rights for showing the ICC this year either. Gonna have to stream it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No I'm on Virgin Media, they've given us Premier Sport for free for two months before season starts. Sky don't have the rights for showing the ICC this year either. Gonna have to stream it.
Just fecking realised that I've also got Premier Sports on BT TV!! :mad: Missed all the games up to now....just as Benfica score as well!

Edit: Tell a lie! It's the Free Sports channel.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
There's barely any people at this game. It's practically a behind-closed-doors game!
Atmosphere is library esque. Can nearly hear Sarri's instructions on TV its so quiet. Great feet from Morata for the goal, funny he can't even get a decision in a friendly though. One of those games that will tell us not much. Inter look incredibly rusty. So many poor passes and utterly woeful in attacking positions.

We seem be playing very attacking with Barkley and Fabregas pushing forward. Had to Google Bulka, never seen him play before. Good for us that Fabregas, pedro, luiz etc all had a good rest and now a full pre season. Also interested to see what Barkley can do.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Wow, Caballero on, you can tell it is a friendly.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Quintouple substitution, won't see that much this season!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea v Inter finished 1-1. They had a penalty shootout out and Chelsea won.

First we looked good, second half after a lot of subs Inter we're better. Bakayoko is pants, Hudson-Odoi needs to stay and be Hazards backup.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
First half the age of our players against bayern was 35, 19,24,17, 21,20, 23,18,19,18,18 managed to turn around a 2-0 deficit to be leading 3-2

Mahrez looks crocked for a few weeks which is the only negative

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Munir 1-0

Arthur 2-0

Son 2-1

Nkoudou 2-2

Great first Arthur goal for Barça. Barça playing with the kids in the 2nd half, I barely know any of the players.

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Barca's second team defense gift Spurs 2 goals. 2-2.
Lol … I love how you like to spin it.

However, we can all play this game: the Spurs back 5 in the 1st half, when we conceded 2 goals, contained zero first XI players in their usual positions and only Davies (as a CB) from our first XI.

It was a decent performance from Spurs overall, in a high tempo game, with lots of high press from both teams.

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
1st half teams

SPURS: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Walker-Peters, Amos, Sissoko, Eriksen (C), Lucas, Son, Llorente.

Subs: '35 Sissoko out, Nkoudou in.

BARÇA: Cillessen, Semedo, Marlon, Lenglet, Miranda; Sergi Roberto, Arthur, André Gomes; Rafinha, Munir y Denis Suárez.

Subs: '22 Denis Suarez out, Carles Pérez in. '24 Andre Gomes out, Riqui Puig in.

2nd half teams

SPURS: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Davinson Sanchez, Amos, Sissoko, Eriksen (C), Lucas, Son, Oliver Skipp.

Subs: 62' Gazzaniga out, Vorm in + Lucas Moura out, Georgiou in.

BARÇA: Cillessen, Palencia, Cuenca, Mingueza, Cucurella, Monchu, Riqui Puig, Collado, Pérez, Abel Ruiz y Malcom.

Barça played the 2nd half with 9 players that are not even part of the first team squad, but 2 from Barça B and 7 from the Youth League team.

Comparing the 2nd half Barça team with the 1st half Spurs team is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
United were missing DDG, Young, Valencia, Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Dalot, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Lukaku, Martial..

Fred got 10 minutes and Bailly was injured

The only senior players were Mata and Sanchez.
Tbf we were missing all 3 senior keepers, Clyne, TAA, Lovren, Matip, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Ings and Firmino. So it's not like we played our best 11 vs kids.
Mourinho lost it in the presser, it must hurt a lot for some 17yo kid hearing his manager says he's not part of the squad anyway, won't play come september and senior players are upset because they have to play alongside the likes of him. Encouraging.

TheReligion

Abusive
Tbf we were missing all 3 senior keepers, Clyne, TAA, Lovren, Matip, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Ings and Firmino. So it's not like we played our best 11 vs kids.
Mourinho lost it in the presser, it must hurt a lot for some 17yo kid hearing his manager says he's not part of the squad anyway, won't play come september and senior players are upset because they have to play alongside the likes of him. Encouraging.
Henderson, Wijnaldum, Clyne and Inga aren't first choice for you.

You had more senior players on the pitch and have had a longer pre season. Simple as that.