Premier League Gameweek 1

Dazzmondo

Martinez heard all the people fawning over Onana and wanted to prove he can play sweeper too... he failed

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I'm so bored of commentators talking about the injury time thing already

lsd

The Oracle
I would book the Newcastle players for complaining about the Martinez challenge there to the referee.

It's so annoying when players do that they are not blind he was clearly not the last man and there were defenders back so it's never a red card.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yes. Agree. Will add: Forest needs a better keeper, home kit is the same(ish), Arsenal
might need a left back, we can help them there. Kit, almost there.. It is 85% Red. More than enough. Spurs need a striker, let's give them a helping hand. Our third kit is their home one. Easy peasy.
I see no flaws in this logic.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I would book the Newcastle players for complaining about the Martinez challenge there to the referee.

It's so annoying when players do that they are not blind he was clearly not the last man and there were defenders back so it's never a red card.
Botman did get booked for it.

edcunited1878

Villa getting over run in midfield and they were lost inside 25 minutes regarding inside runs from midfield, lots of ball watching.

Physical match, both teams kicking the shit out of each other in between some nice play. Much more open than I thought, but makes for a good neutral watch.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So this year the PL refs won't even pretend to apply the new rules for even one gameweek, except for the added time one.

Of course, that is until we play and another Andre Mariner waster decides to make a name for themselves.

Jev

There's nothing in the rules about being the last man. The rule is you get a red if you deny an opponent an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Almiron had an empty goal.

edcunited1878

So this year the PL refs won't even pretend to apply the new rules for even one gameweek, except for the added time one.

Of course, that is until we play and another Andre Mariner waster decides to make a name for themselves.
Yeah, kicking the ball away to slow down the restart, but at least the ball kids threw another ball onto the pitch to restart quickly.

GlasgowCeltic

Redknapp just said it’s not a sending off cause Almirons left footed and it was on his right so he still had a lot to do

Jev

It wasn't DOGSO as he wasn't the last man. There was still a defender between the player and the goal.
Again, that's not a rule. Of course it can be an obvious goalscoring opportunity without it being the last man.

lsd

The Oracle
There's nothing in the rules about being the last man. The rule is you get a red if you deny an opponent an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Almiron had an empty goal.

He was nowhere near the goal though so still not a red and it's not an obvious goalscoring opportunity with so many defenders between him and the goal

lsd

The Oracle
Saying that it is clearly not a red card i would fully expect Onana to be sent off in that situation

Jev

He was nowhere near the goal though so still not a red and it's not an obvious goalscoring opportunity with so many defenders between him and the goal
If it had been a Newcastle player, everyone in here would be saying it was a red.

Man-United

Isak would have been a United player if we needed a striker last year or if he was still at Sociedad this summer. Shame.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is Newcastle shirt made out of paper? A little pulp and it ripped

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
And Villa fans wonder why we don’t take them seriously when they want Konsa and Mings in the England squad :lol:

bstb3

Good finish that, tidy player Isak. Toon are unlikable in the main these days, but I do enjoy watching him.