Premier League Gameweek 1

Telsim

Newcastle look absolutely devastating. I was so hoping they would be shit. Tonali and Isak are class. Wish we signed them instead...

SamVimes

I know it is only the first game, but Stephen Warnock had Villa finishing 4th ahead of United. Diaby looks good, but the midfield is bang average.

arnie_ni

And people would've said "Why the feck are we paying £75m for a striker who scored ten goals for Sociedad last season?", like people are saying about Højlund now
Knew nothing about him but she's very very good. Settled in well at Newcastle

kaku06

Vulgarian
And people would've said "Why the feck are we paying £75m for a striker who scored ten goals for Sociedad last season?", like people are saying about Højlund now
Would have said? They already did that in the Isak thread when we were linked saying exactly what you said.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Barnes very unselfish. Should have took a leaf out of our players book and gone for goal.

always_hoping

The worst I've seen Emery side defend as since his Arsenal side got hammered by Liverpool 5 years ago. Newcastle won't get many more easier matches than this all season.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Villa highline is a disaster.

Newcastle looked very good, physicality they looks different level.

Dannn411

Who's to say Newcastle can't mount a title challenge? They have the experience of playing top 4 football for an entire season. They are very deep and they have quality all over the pitch. They look absolutely dominant against a very good team. A bit worrying if i'm honest.

arnie_ni

That's a horrendous pass and it wasn't even difficult. He had loads of grass to play it in front of hi.

mav_9me

Who's to say Newcastle can't mount a title challenge? They have the experience of playing top 4 football for an entire season. They are very deep and they have quality all over the pitch. They look absolutely dominant against a very good team. A bit worrying if i'm honest.
Wait till they play twice a week before worrying about them.

samlee86

The “experts” have Villa finishing in the top 4. Lolz.

And Newcastle’s transfers have been top class. Tonali and Barnes look ace.

Woodzy

Because now they are going to be playing 2 games a week. They might be hitting the ground running first game of the season but let’s see how they manage when the games come thick and fast

ChenHoNam

Wait till they start CL games.
People always say about this Newcastle team.

But they are living the spirit of a cockroach.
However hard you try to chase and hit them, they just won’t die down.

Not surprised if they are thereabouts (Top 4) come end of season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
European football could hurt them. Playing every 3 days takes some getting used to.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Really surprised by this Villa performance, I was rating them to be the team that’ll surprise

But Newcastle’s patterns of play look great. Their midfield looks solid defensively, and offensively. Many moments In the the game where villa were breaking but the midfield covered.

I have watched tonali a few times for Milan, he looks immense

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Villa haven't exactly been bad, but they're getting smashed by Newcastle here. Newcastle have been too good for them and they have a stronger bench as well now.
Their general okay and approach hasn’t been bad but they have been defensively shit.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Calm down.

Withnail

A decent win in the first game and people are losing their minds. I don't think they're good enough anyway but they'll have to deal with Europe this year and haven't had to do that before. It takes a while to get used to that schedule.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Villa are good in attack but their shape makes them so easy to counter against. Newcastle are the perfect side to play vs that, especially pacy and driven players like Isak/Barnes etc.