Premier League Gameweek 1

Oscar Bonavena

Is the proposed new interpretation of the offside law from Arsene Wenger in effect? Because if it is, it's going to crucify teams that play a high defensive line such as Villa and (hopefully!) Liverpool.

Redfrog

You just know we’ll struggle once the 20 minute mark has come by and we have run out of ideas to break Wolves down. We really need Wolves to attack us and not sit back.

I can’t see us scoring more than one and I’m not fancying a clean sheet either. The defence and GK need some time to get used to each other plus there is always a brain fart in us.

Newcastle are impressive but once Europe starts we’ll see if the can keep the consistency. I still fancy them being one of the three teams battling for 4th along with Us and Chelsea.
What a load of sh*t. You are so depressing. We will win against Wolves.

Withnail

Yeah I can agree on him being out wide. But the covering defender shouldn’t count when it’s the keeper out of position. Same as offside. If the keeper is up high, one defender counts as a ”keeper”
Yeah you have a point there, I suppose.
I can't remember exactly but presumably there were other defenders running back as well who would have been in the box if he got past that one.

Bosnian red

Impressive performance by Newcastle. They are powerfull no doubt in that. But the team which impressed me the most last year is Brighton and it seems that they will continue where they stop. Really respect the way they play.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Who we wanting out of the Chelsea-Liverpool game? A draw would be decent result but if anyone wins I’d have to go Chelsea, I’m still not convinced they’ll be a big threat this season. I think Liverpool might be

Woodzy

Haven’t heard of a few of those Spurs players. New signings or youngsters? They start to get a mid-table vibe about them again not seeing Kane in that team.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Haven’t heard of a few of those Spurs players. New signings or youngsters? They start to get a kid table vibe about them again not seeing Kane in that team.
All new signings. Skipp is the only academy player in that starting XI.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haven’t heard of a few of those Spurs players. New signings or youngsters? They start to get a kid table vibe about them again not seeing Kane in that team.
Van De Ven they signed from Wolfsburg in last few days. Udogie I think was on loan at Udinese and did well and been a regular for them in pre season.

As ever with Spurs I'm interested how that line up looks out of possession, 60 odd goals conceded last year and they'll remain vulnerable with them adapting to a 4 man backline after years of playing with 3 CBs.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That defence and keeper of three blokes I've never heard of, Romero and Emerson Royal might be an interesting watch.

Blood Mage

Tonali looking like an incredible signing for Newcastle already. We badly need a midfielder like that, someone to control the game.

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle
Is it me or does Ange Postecoglou look like Hopper from Stranger Things?
No, He’s more like Sir Les Patterson, Cultural. Attaché at the Australian High Commission. I’m not allowed to post links or pics so you’ll have to google him to see a pic.

marktan

New look Spurs side but I think they'll do well. A lot of Spurs fans have been raving about their new style of play.

I think Richarlison will be good up top, Madison should give them the creativity they've lacked since Eriksen left, I'm a big Bissouma fan also. Be interesting to see if the new defenders and GK are any good. Not starting Sanchez and Dier automatically should be an improvement though.

Spurs aren't in Europe this season are they? Probably for the better as that bench looks light.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Sky Sports need some new feckin music.

Feels like they've been using the same song for like 5 years now

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sigh... was looking forward to this weekend. Didnt know Utd game is on monday.

avgp_1

Spurs have made some clever signings with Van de Ven and Maddison. Udogie also impressed last season with Udinese on loan.

Interesting to see how Ange can get them playing, haven't followed any pre season results

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It will be interesting to see ‘Angeball’ in the EPL. Chaos, pressing and attack after attack.

I believe that Van De Ven is supposed to be one of the quickest defenders out there so will suit their high defensive line.

Baxquux

Where's Veliz? I thought he signed for them nearly a week ago, and you'd think they'd have one actual ST on the bench...

Fetshu

Not sure under which rock I've been living under, but I completely missed Maddison going to Spurs. :eek: