Premier League Gameweek 11 (Nov 4th - Nov 5th 2017)

Anustart89

I know they’re worried about slowing down the game but just use it for situations that lead directly to goals or penalties, doesn’t have to be for every free kick/corner that’s contested. Takes seconds to have a look at the replay and you’ll get maybe 1 a game on average if that...
Just make it a challenge system. If a manager is stupid enough to risk wasting one of his challenges on a corner, then so be it. If they end up getting a poor call against them in the 90th minute, having run out of challenges due to using them on throw-ins, then tough titties.

Moiraine

I think City will soon start giving away free tickets and I wonder even that will help filling up their stadium.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Haha.

Posters on here thinking city needed those decisions. By far the best team, and would have won with ease today against a poor arsenal team / performance.

They are very good.
It's an annoying result and they have got some luck in these big games. But let's face it, they play absolutely spanking football, and that's what is more troubling than these decisions here and there.

themoyesboy

If this had happened vs. United, it'd be "well, we have some shit calls go against us, it's about time something goes in our favour, bla bla bla". A City fan can probably dig up past shit decisions against them too, so this evens it out for them, I guess :wenger:
The reason good teams get decisions is they create enough opportunity to benefit from a mistake, or a 50/50 call.

It was alleged Fergie had the officials in his pocket when we were at our best. But it was always we'd create a shitload of openings and either we'd score or eventually an offside or pen decision would go for us.

Shit teams don't create enough to increase the odds of getting an officiating error. But they still moan the big teams get the decisions.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Nooo, don't ban Santi, he single handedly keep the football threads alive :(

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Football fans are spoiled by PL today. This just finished, Chelsea - United next.

walkinhop

You do realise his stupid it looks when an arsenal fan whose not even from england boasts about what color a city is. Spent much time there? Go cry in the corner with arsene and stop being an ass.
To be fair, the only reason the PL and football in general are what they are today is because the sport has penetrated borders. You should be thankful that there are international fans. Without them, the oil money would've gone to MMA or something and you would be fighting for survival with Palace.

Josep Dowling

City don’t need the added advantage of refereeing decisions as well.

The dive to win a penalty against Burnley was similarly brushed over as nothing just like the two decisions today. Silva should of had a retrospective ban for that one as well.

Baby Groot

Yeah, against mid table teams they wont need it against.

To be fair, they apear to be better than us so I suppose it may not matter. But going on a crazy run beating Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, is the kind of run that turns contendors into champions. Like when Chelsea went on that run last season and built up a huge lead noone could cut down. Argh.
The international break is up next, it will be interesting too see if the international break, will affect them this time around. Anyway they are yet to play us and Tottenham twice and they are still yet to play all of those teams gain Arsenal and Liverpool away and Chelsea at home.

Pep should be arrested for backing Catalonia referendum. C'mon Spain! Do it!
Spanish government clearly jailed the wrong individuals.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
If you can't even upset Guardiola, you're not a great manager, are you?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
We were a bit leggy today, still far superior and doubt even without the marginal offside that arsenal would have scored another

padr81

Supports
Man City
Are you from England yourself? Just curious about your American spelling of "colour".
Nope I'm not though I am English born. I don't say stupid things like Manchester is blue when I only get there once or twice a year. I also don't lose my mind when someone asks me not to call them a bastard for no reason like santi.

el3mel

Predictable result anyway. Arsenal big matches are the most predictable ones in the league.

Anustart89

Expect Arsenal to get the blame here rather than the ref.
How can Arsenal get back v two offside players?
Not that hard. Look at how much Silva and Jesus manage to move while Xhaka et al are just standing there, appealing to the ref. I mean, Silva runs down towards the line, receives the ball with his back to goal, turns around, runs a few yards, and the Arsenal players haven't been able to move more than three yards. In the first image, Koscielny is about half a yard away from where he ends up in the third one, having moved half a yard in the other direction in the middle picture. Meanwhile, Silva's ran about 10 yards and turned around with the ball, and last time I checked Silva wasn't that quick.

padr81

Supports
Man City
To be fair, the only reason the PL and football in general are what they are today is because the sport has penetrated borders. You should be thankful that there are international fans. Without them, the oil money would've gone to MMA or something and you would be fighting for survival with Palace.
I've got no issue at all. I've grown up in Ireland since I'm 5. My issue is santi having a meltdown, calling us bastards. Then he's asked to not do that and makes a quote about a place he's never been.

carlosp

It was alleged Fergie had the officials in his pocket when we were at our best. But it was always we'd create a shitload of openings and either we'd score or eventually an offside or pen decision would go for us.
And yet the amount of calls that went against us when Sir Alex was around was pretty bad at stages.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Tbf we need extraordinary results to counter city's run. Which means no, draws against Liverpool or Chelsea aren't enough.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The reason good teams get decisions is they create enough opportunity to benefit from a mistake, or a 50/50 call.

Shit teams don't create enough to increase the odds of getting an officiating error. But they still moan the big teams get the decisions.
Exactly, the more 50/50s you create, the more calls you are going to get.

Just like when peolle ask “why dont we get penalties anymore?” Because we dont drive at pace with the ball into the box any more.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Two goals symbolic of recent Arsenal. Bad ref decisions gifting two goals to City. But both goal sequences show the mentality and tactical issues with Arsenal players switching off in the crucial moments. Lacazette looked good at least for a minute.

Paul_Scholes18

Tbf we need extraordinary results to counter city's run. Which means no, draws against Liverpool or Chelsea aren't enough.
Yes we have to go for the win. If we do and they beat us then fair enough. If we look happy with a draw I will be furious as that will never be enough to catch City.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really looking forward to this game, massive pressure on both teams here I think it will be simply a case of who doesn't bootle it.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
That offside decision killed the game. Would have been good to see us trying to nick a draw going into the last 10 minutes.

Im starting to hate City as well. I was indifferent to them winning things at the start but its just shit having a lottery winning football club hammer each team every week.