Premier League Gameweek 11 (Nov 4th - Nov 5th 2017)

Baby Groot

City are a great team but they've got some nice slice of luck during their big games.

Chelsea - Morata gets injured and they go to pieces
Liverpool - Mane loses his head and gets sent off
Arsenal - Two players offisde. Goal scored
Their luck will run out at some point :wenger:

Anustart89

Just fecking give us a challenge system already.. I mean it's 2017 and if the job's too hard for the refs, then make it easier for them.

Problem is they can't admit that referees are making game-changing mistakes in pretty much half the games this season. This game, the non-penalty for Palace when Gazzaniga missed the ball and punched Sakho are just from today.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
That's quite the luck indeed.
It's interesting. Almost like being nice to refs, generally respectful and humbly getting on with your job might subconsciously lead to human beings giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Fortunately we have Jose.

Ventura

That was offside, but Arsenal just stopped playing without a whistle! They could have prevented that goal. Players tried to be the ref.

Member 90887

City getting offside calls and dodgy pens.
Nobody will remember that in a couple of month... And it will be the magnificent city hasn't been beaten for the 11 first games of the season.

KYcinco

Using the offside as an excuse to stop playing is a professional fault for me. This is unacceptable
The CB stepped up, expecting the offside call to be made

He didn't " stop playing " , once you step up its damn near impossible to find the position again

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Their luck will run out at some point :wenger:
Yeah, against mid table teams they wont need it against.

To be fair, they apear to be better than us so I suppose it may not matter. But going on a crazy run beating Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, is the kind of run that turns contendors into champions. Like when Chelsea went on that run last season and built up a huge lead noone could cut down. Argh.

Nick7

How?

Their defensive line was correct
What correct defensive line has two distinct defensive lines? What correct defensive line just stops playing to complain to the ref while a player is in the box with a ball.

Member 90887

Let's see if Pep speaks about those two decision like he did last year about every decision that went against him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

He didn't " stop playing " , once you step up its damn near impossible to find the position again
They did stop playing. Check Bellerin, he raised his arm and stoppes moving. It is not players's role to do that, just fecking focus until there is a whistle.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nobody will remember that in a couple of month... And it will be the magnificent city hasn't been beaten for the 11 first games of the season.
They have been magnificent and lead this game anyway so I wouldn't say praising them would be misleading. But yeah, it is annoying. Arsenal looked decent in this half at times.

Anustart89

Look at the replay again and tell me that Xhaka doesn't stop playing. He never attempted to get back down there to defend in time because he was looking at the linesman while holding his arm up.

padr81

Supports
Man City
To City fans: you are bastards. You are going bankrupt soon.
So nice. Let most your salty comments go cause you seem passionate. Please don't call me a bastard though its childish and down right pathetic behavior over a game of football.

el3mel

They did stop playing. Check Bellerin, he raised his arm and stoppes moving. It is not players's role to do that, just fecking focus until there is a whistle.
That will happen to almost any team to be fair.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Arsenal need to press much more aggressively when they have sitting trapped high up the pitch, force them to play one touch and hope for mistakes. Lacazette on Delph there for example has got to be tighter IMO, but he lets him play t o-touch and it’s too easy for them to retain possession.

Skills

Snitch
If you put yourself in enough positions to allow the ref to make a decision, sometimes even the wrong ones will go in your favour. City have deservedly won this, they smashed arsenal in the first half but the scoreline didn't reflect it.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So nice. Let most your salty comments go cause you seem passionate. Please don't call me a bastard though its childish and down right pathetic behavior over a game of football.
I hate when we are shit, but got robbed.

Manchester is red though. You are a club without history.

Sara125

Hate when players stop defending to look at the linesmen, fecking defend until the flag goes up if it does

cyberman

Expect Arsenal to get the blame here rather than the ref.
How can Arsenal get back v two offside players?