Premier League Gameweek 27 (10th - 12th February 2018)

Bobski

Maguire looks really heavy and immobile. It takes him an age to turn around.
Can not see him being worth the risk for a top club. Against really good, quick attackers that lack of mobility is an immediate problem. He looks good when he gets running with the ball in a straight line, fairly quick in that mode but just not agile and nimble enough to cope with the very best.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
De Bruyne's ability to thread those ground passes is incredible.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I know both Salah and Kane are having a really great season, but this De Bruyne is already the player of the season in my book.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
De Bruyne's one of the best in the world. Unreal player. Powerful assist maker. He's a dream for any manager. The type of player who wins you Champions Leagues. If Real are serious about this re-build, he'd be the one I'd be after. Not Hazard.
But City would never sell him, so why go after him?

Member 90887

That has to be the worst performance of a GK with the ball in the premier league.

TinFoil

De Bruyne's one of the best in the world. Unreal player. Powerful assist maker. He's a dream for any manager. The type of player who wins you Champions Leagues. If Real are serious about this re-build, he'd be the one I'd be after. Not Hazard.
If it was any other club he was at he'd be off but city always seem to keep them, see Silva and aguero.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Poor substitution killed Leicester there. Should have been a direct swap for Silva instead of Simpson.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ahead of de Gea?? Not for me.
Again with your red tinted specs.

KDB is by far the best player in the best team in the league, as far as importance for his team goes he is far above anyone else.

Loublaze

ATLien
No it’s not. Before we purchased Sanchez which has closed the gap somewhat, they simply have a much superior attack and midfield.
That's debatable, but fine i'll give you that. I think many of our attacking players are playing within themselves. Martial should be exploding right now

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Ahead of de Gea?? Not for me.
Really?

I mean DDG has been great and we're all big fans of him on here but I don't think he's been anywhere near as effective as De Bruyne is in this City team in terms of overall impact.

We've been pretty solid defensively this season for the most part so he hasn't really needed to be amazing all the time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't they mostly give it to a player from title winning team ? Last season Kante got it.

KDB is nailed to get it.
Yes. You are right and that should happen this time as well. As long as Kane does not score a ridiculous amount of goals. Give him a lift before he bombs in the World Cup sort of thing.

Cliche Guevara

I appreciate the surrounding circumstances but that little shit Mahrez does what he did then gets cheered onto the pitch by the entire crowd.

Ridiculous!

el3mel

Yes. You are right and that should happen this time as well. As long as Kane does not score a ridiculous amount of goals. Give him a lift before he bombs in the World Cup sort of thing.
Well speaking about it, it doesn't actually feel like a surprising thing if it happens/

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Its a world of difference indeed, but lets not forget Lukaku scored back to back goals against City for Everton (1-1 at the Etihad in October 2016 and 4-0 win at Goodison January 2017). The goal at the Etihad was a brilliant individual finish. He's capable of it
Yeah, I've thought of him as a very good player in the past. I hope your belief in him will be vindicated, just don't think he can help us progress.

el3mel

KDB would be really hard for City to replace. Just wish he would go somewhere else.
Joking aside he really should be a target for Madrid. Modric is getting older and they'll need to replace him sooner or later and they failed to get Verratti. KDB seems like a perfect target for Madrid but getting him from City will be a real pain.

Classical Mechanic

Again with your red tinted specs.

KDB is by far the best player in the best team in the league, as far as importance for his team goes he is far above anyone else.
I don’t agree. Kane has scored 44% of Spurs goals in the league. The next closest is Salah with 36% of Liverpool’s goals. KDB will always get the nod as City are winning the league but I don’t think he is far more important to City than Kane is to Spurs.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don’t agree. Kane has scored 44% of Spurs goals in the league. The next closest is Salah with 36% of Liverpool’s goals. KDB will always get the nod as City are winning the league but I don’t think he is far more important to City than Kane is to Spurs.
I agree

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You are right, Kane is probably just as important.

But it is harder to be the stand out player in a team like City though, with all their stars performing at a very high level.

Classical Mechanic

You are right, Kane is probably just as important.

But it is harder to be the stand out player in a team like City though, with all their stars performing at a very high level.
Although you can argue that it is easier to shine as his team mates enable him to reach a higher level. Kane is Europe’s top scorer so far playing for a team competing for 4th spot, that could be viewed as the greater achievement.