Premier League Gameweek 29

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Meanwhile Bayern are 4 up. Boehly and Co going to write the book on how not to run a football club?

Pretty difficult competition for biggest waste of money in our squad...

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The forum said he was great and that United missed out :)
I didn’t….:cool: back in January in the mudryk thread I said he was awful and a nothing player and got blocked by a Chelsea fan Who said he was very talented.

Tony247

So many teams need good striker in summer and there are so few

Tony247

What happened to Fernandez? Was amazing until he joined this team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We have a lot of criticism here as Arsenal members, some rightly so due to the odd absurd comment. But constant posts like yours highlight that bias plays a huge part.

This doesn't make sense. Ten Hag has gone for all competitions as it's his first season and he wants to make a statement. Arteta won the FA cup, arguably one of the deciding factors as to why he is still a manager today.

Admittedly, we are a little light this season, but makes sense we go all in on the big one. Having Jesus back means Saka was rested for the first time this PL season which is a boost. I think people underrate how long a full squad rebuild takes and I expect it will take the same amount of time for Ten Hag.

What is to stop Arsenal from strengthening this window, thus allowing us to compete in more than one competition?
Ten Hag has gone hard for every competition, every game this season. He is trying to build that mentality rather than focusing on 1 competition and tossing some others off. Yes Arteta won the FA Cup, but again, was easy to focus on the FA Cup when you're not in Europe, sitting in mid table in the league...

And 100% it makes sense to toss off other competitions to go for the big one because of your position. It's not a criticism. It is however a unique situation that you won't have the luxury of having in future years. Arsenal have a squad where they could compete for other competitions as well. but it would almost certainly lead to less consistency in the league. I'm not underestimating it. You will be in the CL next season, and there is 0 chance that he treats the CL like he treated the Europa League this season where you rotated all the key men pretty much every game. It is very different being able to focus purely on the league, vs having to then treat mid weeks as important games as well as the weekends.

The point is - you're on pace for something like 95 points. You don't have a team or squad that is 95 point level in a normal situation. Being able to focus 100% on the league, plus riding the crest of a wave is how you are hitting that level. Next year if you win the league this year, you'll be "champions", it has been shown time and time again that it is very difficult to sustain success, "the crown weighs heavy" and all that. So between that, and having other competitions to focus on... yeah you will see a very different Arsenal and it will be interesting to see how Arteta manages that. It's not just about making signings, but it's on the manager to manage the expectations for every game. Klopp never really managed to do it well. They dropped off horribly the year after they won the title. Look at them this year after last seasons ridiculous consistency. City have multiple times in the past struggled with consistency the year after winning a title. Sir Alex being the only manager who managed to get 3 in a row. I'm not taking anything away from this season, you've been phenomenal, but it is undoubtedly a unique situation that is helping your title race.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I still don't understand why Potter is playing Reece James as a centre back and leaves Badiashile on the bench. Reece is no scrub playing as CB but it should be as a last option, not out of choice. He offers more going forward playing as a wingback/fullback.