Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Top post on page 41, Around 0:43. When you see the shot from behind Yedlin you can see the angle clearly.
Yeah, he wouldn't have been smashed on the chin as he turned on his back. He's still protecting himself though

James Peril

Fantastic from Souness. «I’d rather have a go and lose 3-0», rather than defending like Newcastle did. Just great, thanks for the insight, that’s exactly why you are regarded as an absolutely rubbish manager.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
We had the beast that was Diego Costa up top 2 years ago winning us matches. We ain't pipping City or Liverpool to the title with Morata up front sadly.
What happened to the Higuain transfer? I honestly thought you were going to sign him but he ended up with AC Milan on loan. I think you could win the league, you've strengthened your team with good players like Jorginho, Kovacic. These are really good players who can fit into Sarri's system well and I rate Sarri very highly. Your midfielders are all capable of scoring goals, Alonso, Willian, Pedro. If Hazard has a blinder and score 25 goals, Morata might not even need to score that many.

Neo_Mufc

Fantastic from Souness. «I’d rather have a go and lose 3-0», rather than defending like Newcastle did. Just great, thanks for the insight, that’s exactly why you are regarded as an absolutely rubbish manager.
:lol:

He's the type who would say otherwise if Newcastle had lost 3-0.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What happened to the Higuain transfer? I honestly thought you were going to sign him but he ended up with AC Milan on loan. I think you could win the league, you've strengthened your team with good players like Jorginho, Kovacic. These are really good players who can fit into Sarri's system well and I rate Sarri very highly. Your midfielders are all capable of scoring goals, Alonso, Willian, Pedro. If Hazard has a blinder and score 25 goals, Morata might not even need to score that many.
Reportedly Sarri wanted him but the board didn't at all, and Higuain preferred to go somewhere he was wanted whole-heartedly.

Janson

Honestly they will get destroyed. Fighting for a point today would have been a good confidence booster.
Now they have played ultra defensive football for a defeat to show.
Don't think this will deter them at all. They will probably play the same way, but I don't see them holding on for this long against City.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
can’t argue with Chelsea’s results, they’re nowhere close to sarri ball yet they’ve got maximum points on the board.

Perseus

Honestly they will get destroyed. Fighting for a point today would have been a good confidence booster.
Now they have played ultra defensive football for a defeat to show.
Bad luck occurs with defensive football and Rafa is nothing if not lucky. Carry on like he does and the luck will run out?!

Same age group as Mounrinho and Chris Hughton and same styles. CH has trialled out a selective pressing game though. No good being half-hearted about pressing though as in the old days. Pep has rewritten the tactical rule book. Players and older coaches have still got to work on how to deal with gegenpressing.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The same fixture last season was only four months ago and Newcastle battered Chelsea 3-0.

The last 6 Newcastle v Chelsea meetings ended up with 4 wins for Newcastle, a draw and 1 win for Chelsea (yesterday's result).

The idea that Newcastle had to play as though they were up against prime 2009 Barcelona is bonkers. We are 3 games into trying a new system and surely the Arsenal game showed that our defense will give chances away if you actually try and attack.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I disagree. It's three games in. They've had an easy start. They didn't play amazing football on Monday or yesterday. Soon they will gave tougher teams and will also have midweek CL games.

It's not looking likely that they will win the league after 3 games. All you can say is that they have done what they had to and won the games that they should be winning.
Liverpool thrive off the big games.

They drop stupid points against cannon fodder. They don't look like dropping too many points against the smaller teams right now.

This is why this is concerning. You mention "big teams" but they blow those big teams away all the time.

el3mel

They drop stupid points against cannon fodder. They don't look like dropping too many points against the smaller teams right now.

This is why this is concerning. You mention "big teams" but they blow those big teams away all the time.
Their big games results last season weren't good at all. 2 wins only from 10, against City and Arsenal.

United : 0-0 and lost 1-2.
Chelsea : 1-1 and lost 0-1.
City : lost 5-0 and won 4-3.
Spurs : lost 1-4 and drew 2-2.
Arsenal : won 4-0 and drew 3-3.

Fingeredmouse

9 points from 30 possible (Us, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Spurs) wasn't it?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Last season they lost 5 games, 4 of those was against top 5 teams. From 6th to 20th they lost only against Swansea.

In 18 games against top 10, they lost points in 12 games.
In 18 games against bottom 10, they lost points in 5 games.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Last season they lost 5 games, 4 of those was against top 5 teams. From 6th to 20th they lost only against Swansea.

In 18 games against top 10, they lost points in 12 games.
In 18 games against bottom 10, they lost points in 5 games.
Yea, that was the complete opposite to the previous season where they were amazing against the top 5 teams but dropped points to lower ones.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

We were crap in the bigger games last year. Drew a few games at home that we really should be winning but lost four out of five away to the top six.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
What's everyone reckoning for tonight then?

I think it'll be 0-0 or a narrow 1-0 United victory. Seems like the sort of game Mourinho will get a result in.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What's everyone reckoning for tonight then?

I think it'll be 0-0 or a narrow 1-0 United victory. Seems like the sort of game Mourinho will get a result in.
1-3 Spurs. I think they’re just the better and more aggressive side atm. Depends on how United/Mourinho will set up though.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Why is nobody is talking about Spurs as potential title contenders? Their consistency over the past few seasons has been impressive, and they have retained all of their key players. If City fall then I don't think they'll be too far away.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Why is nobody is talking about Spurs as potential title contenders? Their consistency over the past few seasons has been impressive, and they have retained all of their key players. If City fall then I don't think they'll be too far away.
Because they're shite against the big teams. Let's see how they do tonight. They haven't even scored a goal at OT in their last four visits

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Liverpool fan, huh? Stop switching pressure on other teams. bite, bite.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Because it's Tottenham. They were in a two horse race with Leicester and managed to finish 3rd.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Because it's Tottenham. They were in a two horse race with Leicester and managed to finish 3rd.
They were never in a position to actually challenge for the league that season. They were consistently miles off the pace. Arsenal bottled the league more than Spurs did that season considering they were sitting at the top of the pile in December, with the rest of us looking terrible.

George The Best

Personally I think the season will catch up with them. Maybe not tonight but they had players back early from the WC, they have Champions League, the Cups as well as the EPL. Not to mention all the problems around their new ground and switching dates/venues. Squad is wafer thin without any additions. I just feel they will run out of legs towards end of the season.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Outside of City, haven't they been the most consistent team the past few years?

Liverpool fan, huh? Stop switching pressure on other teams. bite, bite.
Apologies, didn't realise what I say on an internet forum will have a huge impact on the pressure other teams feel. Those poor Spurs players.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Wonder if United's plan here is to try and get a goal or two in the first half then kill the game in the second.

Spurs love a nasty tackle or two.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Awful from Spurs so far. Not played any kind of football.

Weird how United can put in a performance like this one week then look like they can't be bothered the week before.

The Bloody-Nine

Awful from Spurs so far. Not played any kind of football.

Weird how United can put in a performance like this one week then look like they can't be bothered the week before.
A sizeable portion of the team from the last game aren't playing.

West London White

Supports
Fulham
Felt it was disgusting for the Spuds fans to make light of something so serious as drink driving. Yes he's your player, but have some awareness of the seriousness of what he did.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Jones is a liability at the back. Always seems to get away with alot as well.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Great attempt by Neville to defend Lukaku's miss. It was shocking Nev, stop sugar coating it. Open goal