Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Match day thread guys. Once again derailed into squabbling about Liverpool.

I think Wolves looked dangerous in the counter. City defense displayed the same frailties as last season against any team who put pressure to them. Last season once the City started the long streak the media talked them up and they became invincible in opposition minds, thus giving away to bunker mentality and basically giving all the keys to City.

Last season Liverpool, Burnley and United and other teams did a huge favor by actually putting pressure on city and showing the others that games vs city are winnable.

Wolves did the same kind of favor early on this season. That if you take the game to them their billion pound backline ain't the second coming of Christ after all. Kompany was suspect and the others were not stellar either. I think the City will find going tougher this season and they will not walk to title.

Last edited:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I know that is the popular consensus. But that is not actually true :) I have been on that forum for the last 5 years.
Also oppo fans on here a much more respected that oppo fans on over there. There is no denying that at all either

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nit sure why Emery isnt starting with Lacazette. Play both him and Auba, will be better off for it. Also Torreira for Xhaka obviously. Maybe just doing a slow transition and not throwing too many new signings in.

Mickfoley

Really? Really? Really? There's a world of difference. They were unlucky, we were bad.
But despite all that dropped only one more point than city. Which makes it sweet. Now all I want is one of Chelsea or Liverpool to drop points to enjoy Spurs game.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I know there is no way to have an objective discussion about it. But honestly, I have found things are so much in common between the two forums. There is so much that is similar between Liverpool and Manchester. Both places love their football and have similar views about politics . The only difference is that RAWK is at fault for giving their manager/players too much of a chance and Redcafe shits on the players and managers too easily.
That really isn't the only difference. I've had a look at RAWK quite a few times, it's absolutely batshit in there. They are the definition of lunatics running the asylum.

This place isn't perfect, but it's far better than any football forum I've ever been on in terms of allowing rational discussion to take place, and very tolerant of opposition supporters in a way that a forum like RAWK will never be.

(also less poetry here)

example of how mental RAWK is:

'How I would love to understand Jurgen speaking in German, understanding every nuance, every subtlety, every serious and comedic nature of his communication. Instead, we expect him to converse in our language and educate us as to his genius in the mother tongue.'

This man 100% has posters of Klopp over every inch of his bedroom walls. Like that bit from Alan Partridge with the super fan.

Sigma

Also oppo fans on here a much more respected that oppo fans on over there. There is no denying that at all either
I posted on the Man City subreddit. Comments replying to my post are pretty toxic.

Moonwalker

Diop is a calamity waiting to happen, which is a shame because Arsenal are there for the taking.

Matst1

There are way too many bin-dippers crawling on this forum. :annoyed:
Absolutely, some are clearly pretending to be united supporters too, they've got quite good at it.

I just hope Chelsea keep Hazard, if they do they will be up there challenging city and pool. If united aren't winning it then i'm happy for Chelsea to take the title every time. Just not the victims or saint pep.

soccerMad

Match day thread guys. Once again derailed into squabbling about Liverpool.

I think Wolves looked dangerous in the counter. City defense displayed the same frailties as last season against any team who put pressure to them. Last season once the City started the long streak the media talked them up and they became invincible in opposition minds, thus giving away to bunker mentality and basically giving all the keys to City.

Last season Liverpool, Burnley and United and other teams did a huge favor by actually putting pressure on city and showing the others that games vs city are winnable.

Wolves did the same kind of favor early on this season. That if you take the game to them their billion pound backline ain't the second coming of Christ after all. Kompany was suspect and the others were not stellar either. I think the City will find going tougher this season and they will not walk to title.
:devil: Yes, the flood gate is open now. Every team should do that to them and make their life in hell.

come on reds

Last edited by a moderator:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Have to say Arsenal look a mess at the back.

1-0 to West Ham.