Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

Frank Grimes

They're better equipped to play against the big teams than the small teams.

Face it, Liverpool play great football and started this season in blistering form.

I hope they don't win the league but it's looking likely that they will.
????. Likely would mean much better than a 50/50 chance. You don't really understand probability if you truly believe this.

NikkiCFC

Supports
Chelsea
I find it so funny that regular football fans need a couple of more weeks to realize that we are biggest favorites for winning title.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I find it so funny that regular football fans need a couple of more weeks to realize that we are biggest favorites for winning title.
Once the Europa games start coming thick and fast Chelsea will start dropping points too often. That competition is a killer.

Ashley R1+O

Watched city in a vegetative state this morning on the couch, what a boring as feck team to watch. Put a bit of pressure on and reset, keep the ball for no reason.. Rinse repeat. No thanks, if some smaller teams can raise the bulwark this season I can't see them spawning 12-20 points late in games like they did last season.

suhaylah

I would like to know if you guys will be happy with a draw tomorrow against Tottenham.

suhaylah

I think if we get in Zidane as soon as possible this season, we'll have the boost and motivation to challenge for the league. And then January he could buy the players needed to bolster the squad.

klsv

I think if we get in Zidane as soon as possible this season, we'll have the boost and motivation to challenge for the league. And then January he could buy the players needed to bolster the squad.
Wrong thread. Click search, check "search titles only", type in "delusional" and you should find the right one too.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They're better equipped to play against the big teams than the small teams.

Face it, Liverpool play great football and started this season in blistering form.

I hope they don't win the league but it's looking likely that they will.
I disagree. It's three games in. They've had an easy start. They didn't play amazing football on Monday or yesterday. Soon they will gave tougher teams and will also have midweek CL games.

It's not looking likely that they will win the league after 3 games. All you can say is that they have done what they had to and won the games that they should be winning.

extincti fugax hominum

I don't know why but i also get 13/14 season vibes from Liverpool. They definitely have a positive climate around them at the moment. If only they had another "slip" in the run :drool: It's still very early days though.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I disagree. It's three games in. They've had an easy start. They didn't play amazing football on Monday or yesterday. Soon they will gave tougher teams and will also have midweek CL games.

It's not looking likely that they will win the league after 3 games. All you can say is that they have done what they had to and won the games that they should be winning.
Yeah I think it's fair to say that we'd have expected maximum points after those 3 games. However, not many predicted City to drop points at Wolves yesterday, or for United to lose at Brighton last week. So football doesn't always pan out the way you expect it to. We were very slow starters last season & only took 8 points from our first 5 games. Our consistency & performance level only really increased once we got into October & the midweek matches started coming thick & fast, so I don't think the CL games will have too much of a negative impact on us. It'll probably fire us up if anything. OK, the performances, as of yet, haven't been mind-blowing, but I think we all know there's a lot more to come once the team - especially the front 3 - start to click. & I'm pretty sure they will. Maybe not to the extent they did last season, but hopefully we won't need them to as we seem to have a better balanced team & a much stronger bench than this time last year.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Yeah I think it's fair to say that we'd have expected maximum points after those 3 games. However, not many predicted City to drop points at Wolves yesterday, or for United to lose at Brighton last week. So football doesn't always pan out the way you expect it to. We were very slow starters last season & only took 8 points from our first 5 games. Our consistency & performance level only really increased once we got into October & the midweek matches started coming thick & fast, so I don't think the CL games will have too much of a negative impact on us. It'll probably fire us up if anything. OK, the performances, as of yet, haven't been mind-blowing, but I think we all know there's a lot more to come once the team - especially the front 3 - start to click. & I'm pretty sure they will. Maybe not to the extent they did last season, but hopefully we won't need them to as we seem to have a better balanced team & a much stronger bench than this time last year.
Completely fair. My main point is in trying to calm down hysterical United fans who seem to want to concede the title to Liverpool after 3 games.

United clearly have a lot of work to do to be considered even top four challengers, but as you say, things can change after a poor start.

IrishRedDevil

I would like to know if you guys will be happy with a draw tomorrow against Tottenham.
When you consider we are at home and Spurs have a poor record at Old Trafford, I’ll only be happy with 3 points. Our next game against a top 6 teams isn’t until the 20th October (Chelsea), so it would be great to get a win under our belt now to instil confidence within the team to hopefully go on a run.

Varun

Staff
Wtf will Meyer start? Still building fitness? He should be amazing for them.

Sylar

Zaha being targeted
That Capoue foul deserved a red, hate fouls like that

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Genuinely impressed by some of the attacking football so far in this match, from both sides.
Lots of movement and one-touch passing.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ref is watching just a few yards away too. Poor decision.

Perseus

Don't really watch us play, do you ? We press high and in phases. It results mostly with us being extremely proficient with possession, especially against teams who sit back. After Coutinho left last season, we actually scored more goals and became defensively solid. The 'orchestrator' is the system. Firmino drops deep, then Mane plays 10, then Salah plays CM (today). All 3 are capable of key passes and releasing the other 2. Plus, Keita and Wijnaldum look like massive improvements from last season's midfield. Creatively, we do not have a problem.
Fair enough. I call it selective pressing. Klopp pulled off a master stroke bringing on Henderson predicting Brighton would come out of their shell and putting more steel in midfield. Both sides had two big chances: Mane and Salah (goal) first half, Knockaert and Groß second half, but Liverpool had a handful of half chances. Brighton conceded territory and possession as expected.

As Klopp said, there is still work to do.