Premier League Gameweek 34 fixtures (12th - 16th April 2019)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
When even Peter Walton in the studio says it's not a penalty, then it really isn't a penalty :lol: That guy usually defends the on-field ref till the end.

1-0 to the wrong team.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
When even Peter Walton in the studio says it's not a penalty, then it really isn't a penalty :lol: That guy usually defends the on-field ref till the end.

1-0 to the wrong team.
Officials are so inept. Nothing wrong with West Ham's opener at all.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
14th penalty for United. How do the rest of the top 6 stack up against that.

IrishRedDevil

1-0 to the wrong team.
How’s it not a foul?

Role reversal and a striker barging into a defender like that and it’s a free kick out.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
United very lucky - W. Ham goal should have stood and the pen that never was.

Fridge chutney

West Ham are unlucky to have had their goal disallowed.

But it was a clear pen. You can't barge into players without winning the ball and expect it not to be given as a foul. Clear penalty.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Lingard is a prat :lol:

Actually, never mind, defender is poking him in the face.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Pogba trying to karate-kick someone, having studs raised to head level... Talking about lucky and officiating bias.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Pogba trying to karate-kick someone, having studs raised to head level... Talking about lucky and officiating bias.
Pogba couldn't see him coming in like that.

Still don't think it was a penalty, though.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Pot kettle black taken to a whole new level, I agree.
Hey now, I call out stupid decisions that go in our favour, so I can call out stupid decisions that go in favour of others :D

It wasn't a penalty. If two players going shoulder to shoulder is a penalty nowadays, why not just make football a full-on no contact sport? Get touched by an opposition player? Yellow card for them & a FK.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Hey now, I call out stupid decisions that go in our favour, so I can call out stupid decisions that go in favour of others :D

It wasn't a penalty. If two players going shoulder to shoulder is a penalty nowadays, why not just make football a full-on no contact sport? Get touched by an opposition player? Yellow card for them & a FK.

I do agree with this, shoulder to shoulder should never be a penalty. Chelsea fans were crying for one vs West Ham when Hazard simply got outmuscled.

A player having less strength than another shouldn't be grounds for a penalty.

(note: I didn't see the pogba pen, so not sure if there was more to it than shoulder to shoulder)

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I do agree with this, shoulder to shoulder should never be a penalty. Chelsea fans were crying for one vs West Ham when Hazard simply got outmuscled.

A player having less strength than another shouldn't be grounds for a penalty.

(note: I didn't see the pogba pen, so not sure if there was more to it than shoulder to shoulder)

1-1. This is a pretty entertaining game to be fair. Neither team can defend/keep the ball :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

1-1. This is a pretty entertaining game to be fair. Neither team can defend/keep the ball :lol:
Thanks

For me it's not a penalty. Mata is simply muscled off the ball.

But I understand why some United fans would see it differently, he goes down pretty hard.

Fridge chutney

I still quite like Smalling. Jones should be imprisoned for crimes against football, though.
I agree actually. Smalling has been one of our better and more consistent defenders and gets way too much flak.

That Rojo and the Jekyll/Hyde Jones are still mainstays is very concerning for us (and probably hilarious for you).

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Fair play to Ole for making the change. Pep fecked himself on Tuesday by not changing when things weren't working out, but OGS has given Rashford plenty of time to make an impact. Having Lukaku on the wing crossing balls to Rashford in the middle is a bit odd to me, though :D

(Obviously it's the thing to do).

Fridge chutney

Fair play to Ole for making the change. Pep fecked himself on Tuesday by not changing when things weren't working out, but OGS has given Rashford plenty of time to make an impact. Having Lukaku on the wing crossing balls to Rashford in the middle is a bit odd to me, though :D
True but rashford isn't as effective on the right and Lukaku can sometimes be very effective there (v arsenal). Plus you want an energized rashford causing havoc up top.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
True but rashford isn't as effective on the right and Lukaku can sometimes be very effective there (v arsenal). Plus you want an energized rashford causing havoc up top.
Yeah definitely. He's looked good since coming on.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How have West Ham got 55% possession at Old Trafford? :lol:

Fridge chutney

How have West Ham got 55% possession at Old Trafford? :lol:
Because Declan Rice is adding £10 M to his valuation, and we are playing very poorly. Not good enough from anyone bar Smalling and Fred. And Rashford since he's come on.