Premier League Gameweek 34 fixtures (12th - 16th April 2019)

DevilRed

Going to be alot of pressure on the dippers even if citeh drop points and they retake the lead.

Will be down to the last day in my humble opinion.

WhiteRabbitWithBlackEars

Supports
Liverpool
I really don’t give a shite where united finish at this point, but scousers winning the league would be unbearable
Very short sighted. Because players give a damn and being in the CL can make all the difference for a player choosing your club over another. They all can pay money these days.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
If Liverpool don’t win the league this season it would be mental. They’ve won game after game during the rights periods, been almost unbeatable and had the luck and decisions at crucial moments. Mental that it isn’t even in their hands.
It will be beautiful if they lose the title by a single point,sadly I can't see that happening.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Liverpool look more likely to drop points than city atm to be fair. Wouldn’t surprise me if that happened. City are relentless.
Liverpool's remaining fixtures are piss easy, no way they'd drop any points.

Waynenmads

Isn’t this Utd v Citeh game turning into one of those unique occasions where a half and half scarf will be acceptable???!

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I reckon City will drop points, but I also reckon Liverpool will drop points too. Hoping there's a sense of over confidence after this win.

Their last two games are Newcastle and Wolves. Certainly not guaranteed, especially with Wolves.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon City will drop points, but I also reckon Liverpool will drop points too. Hoping there's a sense of over confidence after this win.

Their last two games are Newcastle and Wolves. Certainly not guaranteed, especially with Wolves.
Sod even looking that far ahead - Cardiff is our next league game, and they're fighting for their lives having had a few very unfortunate (& tight losses) against top 6 teams. By no means is that going to be an easy game.

Expect us to stomp Huddersfield, but bugger knows with Newcastle/Wolves.

Raw

Rafa's definitely gifting a win to Liverpool. As for Wolves, I still think Liverpool will win. Just think, a win for Liverpool guarantees the title, they're going to want a result 1000 times more than Wolves. Though it's possible Liverpool will have already won it by then anyway!

JSArsenal

This reminds me of when Real Madrid used to get 95 points and still not win La Liga.

Guardiola is used to this kind of thing

DavidDeSchmikes

Sod even looking that far ahead - Cardiff is our next league game, and they're fighting for their lives having had a few very unfortunate (& tight losses) against top 6 teams. By no means is that going to be an easy game.

Expect us to stomp Huddersfield, but bugger knows with Newcastle/Wolves.
Wolves could be fighting for 7th at the end of the season, so that could be a difficult gmae

Armchair Manager

Supports
Northampton
And the Everton keeper. And the Fulham keeper, and the palace keeper.

It's off the scale how much they've had go for them this season.

Also they haven't lost a single key player to injury at any point during the run in.
Well they had Trent Alexander out when they had couple of draws that allowed city to crawl their past them. Mane and Firmino i believed joined the season late due to world cup. Then their two midfield season took close to half of the season and other is still finding his feet. Henderson was out for some time. I guess maybe warm weather training did help them in not getting burned out already.

UncleBob

No way City are winning all their remaining matches, Liverpool are winning the league

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Wolves could be fighting for 7th at the end of the season, so that could be a difficult gmae
Yup. And their form against the top 6 makes it extra tricky.

Still, Arsenal lose tomorrow & United are in control of top 4 again :D You're welcome?

DevilRed

This reminds me of when Real Madrid used to get 95 points and still not win La Liga.

Guardiola is used to this kind of thing
Only concern is that Pep might prioritise europe over domestic league. It wouldn't hurt him at all not to win the prem this year but manage to lift the CL.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Not ashamed to admit I put a tenner on pool at 1.9 at half time. Therefore I was happy whatever the result

Raw

Yup. And their form against the top 6 makes it extra tricky.

Still, Arsenal lose tomorrow & United are in control of top 4 again :D You're welcome?
Nah it won't be in control, you forgot to factor in us losing to City :D

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Nah it won't be in control, you forgot to factor in us losing to City :D
I'm sure Arsenal have another few away games they can bottle :lol: Top four is very much on for United.

Hoof the ball

Liverpool are not dropping a point now. No way. City have to win every game. What fortuitous circumstance that allows for Liverpool to face the best possible ECL draw at such a critical period of the domestic season.

Armchair Manager

Supports
Northampton
I’m not even pondering it, I hope we get spanked because it’ll stop them winning the league and maybe be a wake up call to the boardroom if where we need to be
Dont think board any bigger wake up call then watching your cross town rivals competing to better your biggest achievement aka treble. Both your rivals competing for two biggest trophies in club competitions. I.e. league title and champions league.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I wonder how many times this has been disproven over the decades!

Both teams will drop points. Not to worry.
:nono: you're doing it wrong :mad:

There is no possible way Liverpool drop any points in their remaining games.

DevilRed

:nono: you're doing it wrong :mad:

There is no possible way Liverpool drop any points in their remaining games.
You forgot to add that they will easily brush aside porto and barcelona (or us) on the way to the CL final in which they crush juve.

Cal?

CR7 fan
You forgot to add that they will easily brush aside porto and barcelona (or us) on the way to the CL final in which they crush juve.
I'm quite confident that Juve can handle them though, but not Cardiff, Huds, Barcodes and Wolves.

Treble

Liverpool are not dropping a point now. No way. City have to win every game. What fortuitous circumstance that allows for Liverpool to face the best possible ECL draw at such a critical period of the domestic season.
They'll probably face Barcelona at even more critical period. And even if they somehow manage to to win the remaining games, City might win their games too, especially if they go out against Spurs in the CL. City have rotated more and have a deeper squad. Admittedly, they have harder games in the league though. So, 50/50. Today changed nothing. I expected Liverpool to win the last 3 games.

RedIke

I never understood the love for Willian. He was awful. That blue team is Hazard and a 8 mugs. Loftus Cheek is still a player I'm quite fond of. But I couldn't get a read on Hudson Odoi.

Not worried about top four at all. We'll beat them, and Arsenal can't win on the road. I think we'll be ok.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Dont think board any bigger wake up call then watching your cross town rivals competing to better your biggest achievement aka treble. Both your rivals competing for two biggest trophies in club competitions. I.e. league title and champions league.
City won’t win the lot, I’m certain of that

haram

I never understood the love for Willian. He was awful. That blue team is Hazard and a 8 mugs. Loftus Cheek is still a player I'm quite fond of. But I couldn't get a read on Hudson Odoi.

Not worried about top four at all. We'll beat them, and Arsenal can't win on the road. I think we'll be ok.
I dont understand what Willian did so wrong. There was no number 9, he put it on a plate for Hazard and was strong in transition.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Only concern is that Pep might prioritise europe over domestic league. It wouldn't hurt him at all not to win the prem this year but manage to lift the CL.
He won't, look at the team he put out against spurs the other night, I think the league is good priority

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The hysteria over here is amazing. Liverpool aren't winning the league, City are proven champions who will step up when needed and win most (if not all of their games). Liverpool will be under immense pressure knowing the expectations of fans and will drop a point sooner or later when they are in a difficult situation.