Premier League Gameweek 4-6

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maupay scored as much as Richarlison last season.
Two less in the league and 5 less G plus A in a better team. Besides Richarlison was a much more complete footballer offering a threat from out wide too. If they were signing a CF should have been a better goal threat.

phelans shorts

Thats fine but what if he has the lapse of confidence or does something weird during the knock out? You cant plan to only have his bad moments in games where his team is 4-0 up.

Ramsdale is a much more boring keeper. Maybe less 'highs' in really good saves but also less lows by doing something a goalkeeper shouldnt be doing.
But he doesn’t. That’s the point.

He’s prone to those incidents in the ‘lesser’ games and very rarely, if ever, on big occasions. He’s far from the first player like that and he’ll be far from the last.

Pronewbie

Peep
Thats fine but what if he has the lapse of confidence or does something weird during the knock out? You cant plan to only have his bad moments in games where his team is 4-0 up.

Ramsdale is a much more boring keeper. Maybe less 'highs' in really good saves but also less lows by doing something a goalkeeper shouldnt be doing.
Ramsdale is not a great keeper. A lot of his hype comes from being in the wrong position in the 1st place.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think we've actually won at Goodison for about four years? @SilentWitness can confirm? If that's the case then I'm not too distraught about the point. More worried about the fact that we played like dogs for large portions of this match.

Milner is unironically championship quality; felt like after he came on our momentum vanished. Jota looked decent. Salah's dribbling has regressed. Trent and Robertson weren't great. Carvalho and Elliott weren't able to have a discernible impact on the game.

I'm sure Napoli away will be a comfortable affair :lol:
Last season! But yeah aside from that we usually managed to hold you to a draw at home.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Two less in the league and 5 less G plus A in a better team. Besides Richarlison was a much more complete footballer offering a threat from out wide too. If they were signing a CF should have been a better goal threat.
Who else was available for the same price/mid-20s that will be happy being a 2nd striker behind DCL and is proven to score 8-10 PL goals a season?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Ramsdale started England 0 Hungary 4 in the summer so he certainly shouldn't be number one even if he's doing fine at Arsenal. Very much a number 3 keeper.

Pickford has played two full tournaments now and played very well in both so until he has a Seaman/Carson/Rob Green moment he's staying as number 1. Much bigger selection issues for England than who the keeper is given how many players like Maguire, TAA and Mount are bang out of form.

As an aside I'm sure it was covered half an hour ago but how was VVD not sent off? Over the ball and he raked his studs into Onana's calf, not even a VAR review which is ridiculous as loads of players have been sent off for that over last 2-3 seasons.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
not really, the fool is the one that chooses the 1230 kick off in their accy! Proper Saturday afternoon ruiner.
Yep I learnt that lesson years back, at least have the joy/torture of 5-6 Sat 3pm games for your accy. I'm sure it's rule number 25 in @duffer betting for dummies guide.

Mind you I had one come up with 550 quid last season and that had Everton beating Man. United, that was a Sat lunchtime game wasn't it so odd exception to the rule.

Enjoy Goodison in a few weeks guys. ;)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ramsdale started England 0 Hungary 4 in the summer so he certainly shouldn't be number one even if he's doing fine at Arsenal. Very much a number 3 keeper.

Pickford has played two full tournaments now and played very well in both so until he has a Seaman/Carson/Rob Green moment he's staying as number 1. Much bigger selection issues for England than who the keeper is given how many players like Maguire, TAA and Mount are bang out of form.

As an aside I'm sure it was covered half an hour ago but how was VVD not sent off? Over the ball and he raked his studs into Onana's calf, not even a VAR review which is ridiculous as loads of players have been sent off for that over last 2-3 seasons.
Don't forget Luke Shaw

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Last season! But yeah aside from that we usually managed to hold you to a draw at home.
Yeah remembered the 4-1 after I posted haha. Just checked though and before that you have to go back to 2016 to find a win for us away at yours. Including this game we have two wins and eight draws in our last ten away at Goodison.

prateik

Watching the Chelsea game.. The kids coming out with the players look too old to be there

prateik

Reminds me of the Swansea ball 'boy' getting kicked to death by Hazard.

Read recently that he is now worth 40m. Founded Au Vodka with a friend.. Not exactly a career move in his case :D

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Yellow card already for nothing on RLC. It's absolutely laughable :lol:.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Just saw the fingertips Pickford got onto the Firmino first touch shot to deflect it onto the post - a combination of great skill and great luck how that didn't go in.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Don’t normally watch the BT “Live Score” show but I have it on today.

Chris Sutton is such a dislikable feck.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Totally devoid of attacking ideas. Back 3 dominating possession but doing nothing with it.

diarm

Not one of the most thrilling days in Premier League history so far today.

Toad

Why is it that everything about Chelsea is just so boring? The style of play, the players, even the colour of their bloody kit.