Premier League GW11

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Crazy how many away games they start terribly then manage to turn around. They haven’t even played well today.
Either they are mentality monsters or this is papering over cracks. Opinions on both sides but I for one hope the board think it's the former and give Ole a huge contract and a huge summer transfer budget.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Haller and Formals have been absolutely shocking this game. To not change both by 60 minutes was going to cost them. And it has.
Yeah this is where Moyes isn't top level, far too slow to make changes. Should've mixed up 11 as soon as it got to 1-1 as they've been flat since half time and Man. United got that extra spark.

Antonio probably would've been thrown on if he was fit.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
If Rashford learned how to finish he'd be one hell of a player

Deery

Dreary
Either they are mentality monsters or this is papering over cracks. Opinions on both sides but I for one hope the board think it's the former and give Ole a huge contract and a huge dinner transfer budget.
Mentality Monsters the most cringe worthy saying I’ve ever heard

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Hard to call if that went out.
When you curl a ball like that near the touch line and it lands that close it’s pretty certain to have gone out. Not that VAR has any cameras to prove it, it’s the linesman’s job and they’re just not very good.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah this is where Moyes isn't top level, far too slow to make changes. Should've mixed up 11 as soon as it got to 1-1 as they've been flat since half time and Man. United got that extra spark.

Antonio probably would've been thrown on if he was fit.
Moyes should have stripped and brought himself on. He would have been better than Haller. But he should have done something. He is a really poor manager protected by the old boys club in England and lucky results against Spurs.

Edit: Old white boys club of England for a complete definition.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Haller is rubbish. Walks around the pitch offering nothing.

What a pass that was.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Weird game, stories of two halves and finishing. Hammers probably should have been up 2-0 or 3-0 and those missed chances cost them. Some great individual brilliance by Bruno and Mason, even Pogba managed to get in a thunder strike despite an average performance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Moyes should have stripped and brought himself on. He would have been better than Haller. But he should have done something. He is a really poor manager protected by the old boys club in England and lucky results against Spurs.
I've actually been pretty impressed by their level this season. Smashed Wolves 4-0, Leicester 3-0 and got a good point v Man. City. Yeah Spurs was a bit of a fluke and they were poor v us despite winning but think their level has been pretty good this season.

He's not a manager that just has enough to hang on to 1-0s v top 6 teams, was same when he was leading at Anfield a few weeks back and couldn't quite get the point despite their performance being good.

Pellegrini won this game twice in last two seasons so it's not some impossible task but he's managed it pretty poorly since the double sub.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is that 15 points from losing positions so far this season? That's pretty remarkable.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is that 15 points from losing positions so far this season? That's pretty remarkable.
All away from home. Failed to claim even a point from losing positions at OT so far.

I do fancy them v Man. City though. Did well in the two league games last season so the mental edge Man. City held over them for a few years has evaporated now. Should be a good watch.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
All away from home. Failed to claim even a point from losing positions at OT so far.

I do fancy them v Man. City though. Did well in the two league games last season so the mental edge Man. City held over them for a few years has evaporated now. Should be a good watch.
IMO City are going to beat them. Not trying to troll here but i genuinely think Utd are shite, maybe shite is harsh but i have never watched them and thought "oof theyre good", i think theyll take 4th though come end of season, albeit way too early to judge. City, Pool, Chelsea Utd top 4 again.

Deery

Dreary
IMO City are going to beat them. Not trying to troll here but i genuinely think Utd are shite, maybe shite is harsh but i have never watched them and thought "oof theyre good", i think theyll take 4th though come end of season, albeit way too early to judge. City, Pool, Chelsea Utd top 4 again.
I think Chelsea are shite..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Did you think Man. City were going to beat Spurs? Can see similar game. Man. United sitting back and then Rashford and Fernandes exploiting the void left in DM since Fernandinho's decline and injuries.

They deservedly won both games last season so there won't be the fear factor playing Man. City they had in years before particularly as Man. City's record isn't that great in the big match ups anymore and Aguero probably won't be fit.

AltiUn

I have no idea what's wrong with our OT form. I'm guessing we're a team that really benefits from the home fans, moreso than I ever thought.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Did you think Man. City were going to beat Spurs? Can see similar game. Man. United sitting back and then Rashford and Fernandes exploiting the void left in DM since Fernandinho's decline and injuries.

They deservedly won both games last season so there won't be the fear factor playing Man. City they had in years before particularly as Man. City's record isn't that great in the big match ups anymore and Aguero probably won't be fit.
Yes i do. All ifs and buts but i think if west ham had some composure theyd have spanked them tonight. Hate this cliche but if that was say pool, or city tonight Utd get tonked

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Not at all, coming on a United forum after a 3-1 win calling them shite why would I think that odd..
shite is maybe a tad OTT but i dont think Utd are "excellent". We'll both be miles and miles off the title again

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes i do. All ifs and buts but i think if west ham had some composure theyd have spanked them tonight. Hate this cliche but if that was say pool, or city tonight Utd get tonked
Man. City can still put 4-5 past likes of Burnley but they don't actually score that many v other top teams in last 18 months. 0 goals scored v Spurs in last two meetings, you beat them 2-1 at Stamford Bridge, didn't score at Old Trafford in last game before lockdown and didn't score v Arsenal in the cup final (only scored once past them in league aswell).

5-0 v Liverpool is only big scoreline they've posted in recent times and Liverpool were half drunk in that game so don't really see that changing especially with no Aguero who's still their best finisher by far even if his speed is declining now to get him into those positions.

Deery

Dreary
shite is maybe a tad OTT but i dont think Utd are "excellent". We'll both be miles and miles off the title again
Naw we’re not excellent but things are coming together this season that were missing in the past. I think we are showing more character that we used to and I’ll be upset if we don’t get top 4.

I think you’re a tad harsh on Chelsea if the win tonight they go top don’t they, I think they are contenders for the title and they are only getting started.

AltiUn

Don't know what you're talking about mate, we're both two points off :p

AFC NimbleThumb

Does anybody not have some form of fecking rivalry with Leeds ffs :lol: Daglish saying this one dates back to a cup game in the 70s, what a dislikable bunch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When you curl a ball like that near the touch line and it lands that close it’s pretty certain to have gone out. Not that VAR has any cameras to prove it, it’s the linesman’s job and they’re just not very good.
Nah there is nothing certain about it, the ball could have been out by 9/10 for all we know. There was no way to be sure and the man who was the best placed (the lino) said nothing

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They all seem to be concentrated in one stand... I bet it helps with the atmosphere but surely breaching social distancing procedures
In the West Ham crowd I'm sure there were quite a few who either didn't have a mask on at all, or were wearing them over their chins!

PoTMS

Missed hearing that classic Chelsea fan chant. Any chance anyone knows the lyrics?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Those Chelsea fans aren't very socially distanced.
Think it's a perspective thing.
The closeups showed there's plenty of room between fans.

For trial events I believe you have to be separated individually, even between family/bubbles. But once you're into the proper events like this one you can have families and bubbles next to each other.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Nah there is nothing certain about it, the ball could have been out by 9/10 for all we know. There was no way to be sure and the man who was the best placed (the lino) said nothing
Which is my point, the person responsible for the decision wasn’t even paying attention. You can think what you like about the ball going out though, when you curl it like that in proximity to the touch line it goes out. It’s very unlikely that was in play.

OneUnited24

In the West Ham crowd I'm sure there were quite a few who either didn't have a mask on at all, or were wearing them over their chins!
I'm living in Melbourne atm and its amazing that we have had 30+ days with no cases and sport venues are only now opening up. Back home it's far worse and fans are back!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think it's a perspective thing.
The closeups showed there's plenty of room between fans.

For trial events I believe you have to be separated individually, even between family/bubbles. But once you're into the proper events like this one you can have families and bubbles next to each other.
Nah, the closeups made it look even worse, for me.

West Ham crowd was a lot better.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
0-1 Bamford

Cracking through ball from Phillips