Premier League holiday fixtures (Mon 26 Dec - Wed 4 Jan)

ti vu

Redmond pulls him back just outside the area but not very well and Ali is through. The referee is clearly playing advantage and he misses the shot...

I don't know how he has denied a clear goal scoring opportunity as the advantage was played and he still had a clear chance to score. I wouldn't give a red and I even think pulling it back for the initial foul on the edge of the box would be a bit harsh as like I say, the advantage had already been played.
Exactly. Wrong penalty call, and advantage was already allowed. Then Mkhi was clearly taken out by Kone when he was speeding past both defneders, and Kone was only be booked... PL ref this season is outplaying every past seasons

LouisDanGaal

Disagree, I don't see the gap to Spurs as an issue, it's those above we need to fall back, and Spurs winning keeps the pressure on.
They're all under a lot of pressure already. The current top four are all so close to each other they are battling to stay in touch with Chelsea, which is their main priority and beat the other two to top four, nobody up there is looking back at Tottenham panicking.

RedCurry

That red card really killed Saints. They didn't deserve to lose this. But oh well, can't do much about refereeing decisions.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As I said earlier, that is the Top 6 sorted. Now only the order to be decided. We have to go all out for the EL, or if we don't get Top 4 or win it we have to decide next season if we are going to just put a very weak side out in the EL and concentrate on trying to win the PL.

DatGuyRich

As I said earlier, that is the Top 6 sorted. Now only the order to be decided. We have to go all out for the EL, or if we don't get Top 4 or win it we have to decide next season if we are going to just put a very weak side out in the EL and concentrate on trying to win the PL.
Chelsea are confirmed. Liverpool too, pretty much.

So 4 teams for 2 places. :houllier:

LouisDanGaal

awful from van dijk on that goal. Absolute schoolboy. Not saying its the kind of game he was going to stand out but you'd keep your standards.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Mike Dean the cheat. How can referees not be made accountable for their poor decisions is beyond my comprehension. Puzzles me that clubs aren't raising hell about this when dodgy decisions cost you a win and ultimately a lot of money as it effects where you finish?:confused:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
we will finish second or third plus a couple of the cups.

slored1

Forster should have done better in at least 3 of those goals. He really isn't that good. And he can't be the England number one, Hart is much much better.

LouisDanGaal

Mike Dean the cheat. How can referees not be made accountable for their poor decisions is beyond my comprehension. Puzzles me that clubs aren't raising hell about this when dodgy decisions cost you a win and ultimately a lot of money as it effects where you finish?:confused:
I find it appalling referees aren't obliged to come out for a post match interview. Explain their decisions and admit any mistakes they may have made.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
we will finish second or third plus a couple of the cups.
I hope so. We are doing our bit, but now we need the others and us taking points off our rivals. Cannot rely on the teams below us doing it. They have already done damage to us and are now returning to expected form.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I can't stop laughing at the way Dean pointed to the spot for that pen. It's hilarious he isn't genuinely being looked into for bias towards Spurs, very bizarre behaviour.

C'est Moi Cantona

They're all under a lot of pressure already. The current top four are all so close to each other they are battling to stay in touch with Chelsea, which is their main priority and beat the other two to top four, nobody up there is looking back at Tottenham panicking.
Again disagree, Liverpool and Arsenal know they won't win the league, staying in the top 4 is the priority, they will be looking back and worrying about how us and Spurs are close enough to capitalise on any poor run of form.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I hope so. We are doing our bit, but now we need the others and us taking points off our rivals. Cannot rely on the teams below us doing it. They have already done damage to us and are now returning to expected form.
not arrogant. But I see us winning an awful lot of matches. A lot of the teams above us will play each other too.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I find it appalling referees aren't obliged to come out for a post match interview. Explain their decisions and admit any mistakes they may have made.
Honestly something needs to be done. That was pretty fecking awful from Mike Dean. I watched several replays and still can't fathom why that's a red. Awful decision. If you didn't know better you'd think he put a bet on or something:rolleyes:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This is almost never mentioned so I must be missing something, but when a player gets dragged down or blatantly as they get a shot off, it is almost never a penalty and no one ever says anything. And then the odd time a penalty is given, and again it isn't questioned. What am I missing :lol:

To be fair in this case, I can see Alli was getting dragged down well before shooting, but overall I don't get it.

LouisDanGaal

You really think that would work?
Definitely. A bit of explanation on borderline or controversial decisions I think would benefit the fans and also themselves as they can point to why certain decisions went a certain way. As it is unless they have a horror show, which then needs to be compounded by the media losing their shite they aren't held accountable.