Premier League holiday fixtures (Mon 26 Dec - Wed 4 Jan)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Giroud scored and had two assist but still managed to embarass himself at least three times. That failed "scorpio pass" when he almost injured himself, failed bicycle kick and that terrible celebrations.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Swansea just won a game under Clement. Arsenal go there next.
Did they? He was in the stands to start with, and then ended up in the dugout at HT after they were one up... I don't understand if he was managing them today or not :lol: Strange.

Howe is literally mini Wenger, can get the lads playing lovely football, but then can completely bottle a game he is completely in control of.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Did they? He was in the stands to start with, and then ended up in the dugout at HT after they were one up... I don't understand if he was managing them today or not :lol: Strange.

Howe is literally mini Wenger, can get the lads playing lovely football, but then can completely bottle a game he is completely in control of.
That is weird. Some managers do that, though. Wasn't it Pearson who always watched the first half from the stands?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That is weird. Some managers do that, though. Wasn't it Pearson who always watched the first half from the stands?
Yeah, but all the talk was that other fella was still in charge for this match, as with most appointments the new manager usually watches their first game as just a spectator. Just seemed totally surreal to me, watching him walk to the dugout at HT he looked like he wasn't sure if he was allowed :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So many twists and turns these two game weeks. Dropped points by three of the top four teams and hell even Swansea won.

One thing never changed though: Utd are still sixth. ;)

PoTMS

Is it a 'stunning comeback' if Arsenal only drew? Fair enough 3-0 to 3-3 is amazing but surely it's only a comeback if you win?!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So many twists and turns these two game weeks. Dropped points by three of the top four teams and hell even Swansea won.

One thing never changed: Utd are still sixth. ;)
I wish you wouldn't do this right before we go to Old Trafford. They're a lot closer than they were.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Yeah, but all the talk was that other fella was still in charge for this match, as with most appointments the new manager usually watches their first game as just a spectator. Just seemed totally surreal to me, watching him walk to the dugout at HT he looked like he wasn't sure if he was allowed :lol:
But Clement got appointed 4 hours ago.

So extra weird.

This is a bit weird. Don't know what to make of it to be honest :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I wish you wouldn't do this right before we go to Old Trafford. They're a lot closer than they were.
If form guide is anything I'm already geared to losing that. But Utd's winning run will come to an end just as Chelsea's at some point.

fellaini's barber

Such a tasking game for the Arse, they'll be so knackered after this that any half decent team will be able to do them in next, especially if the play within the next 3 days

Redlyn

Is it a 'stunning comeback' if Arsenal only drew? Fair enough 3-0 to 3-3 is amazing but surely it's only a comeback if you win?!
No. Came back from the dead to snatch a point...

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Great week for us so far. Liverpool, Arsenal both dropped points with Spurs/Chelsea to come tomorrow.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

This is a bit weird. Don't know what to make of it to be honest :lol:
The game would have been prepped by the caretaker manager so not much Clement could do. He might have gone in at HT to give a bit of motivation speech but not enough time to get involved tactically or personnel wise so what he says makes sense.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah it's a bit of a daft statement. Positions don't mean anything in January

You had a 10 point lead on us in game week 13, it's now 5 and you come to Old Trafford at the start of a very tough 10 games.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We were 3-0 down at Stamford Bridge 4-5 seasons ago and we scored 3 in space of 20 mins to draw the game and it was lauded as a great comeback. So this shouldn't be any different, they were getting battered and still salvaged a point.

Redlyn

One thing never changed though: Utd are still sixth. ;)
And a whole lot closer with loads of games left.

ElQuesoGrande

Would've liked Arsenal to lose but Eddie Howe can still feck off for breaking the magicians code as far as I'm concerned so I'm fine with a draw

wr8_utd

:'(
Worrying thing is what this will do for Arsenal's belief and confidence. They've been bombarded for a decade about how soft they are, perennial bottlers and pussies, and now they come from 3-0 down to 3-3. This will be a great reference point for them and when they're in similar situations later this season it'll help them mentally.

Truly embarrassing from Bournemouth. Don't care if they'd have taken a draw before the game.
I don't understand this line of thinking at all. They've been coming back and drawing/winning games late on for atleast 3-4 years now and every hear you read about how it's a turning point and how they're much stronger mentally now but it's always the same.

Jacko21

Arsenal away to Swansea suddenly looks a little trickier. Only a little, but could be enough to make the difference.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I don't understand this line of thinking at all. They've been coming back and drawing/winning games late on for atleast 3-4 years now and every hear you read about how it's a turning point and how they're much stronger mentally now but it's always the same.
Never done in such a bizarre way, tbf. I only remember a 2-2 against Everton away in 2014 in only 5 minutes.

MBS-7

The game against Liverpool is so massive now. If we don't win that game I feel like a lot of our current confidence will be crushed. A win, however, will make us feel unstoppable, and will bring us right in the mix again.