Premier League holiday fixtures (Mon 26 Dec - Wed 4 Jan)

LouisDanGaal

Well many people are writing off our chances of top 4 when we are closer to Arsenal than anyone is to Chelsea, and in all likelihood it's only City who will truly believe they can catch Chelsea, so for me it's a straight fight for the top 4 between any team below Chelsea, and for now Spurs keeping the pressure on is no bad thing, obviously though we need to keep on winning or it's all irrelevant.
I agree its a straight fight but in the same way we aren't looking in the teams in 7th and 8th the teams in the top four aren't looking back at us when the title is still possible.

LouisDanGaal

Fair enough.

I just think that we're so tightly bunched up currently that while I'm sure we all have the same goal, we're all also aware of the teams around us too.

Say Man City and Arsenal lose next matchday and we win. We jump up to 3rd.

Or let's say Liverpool lose their next two and you win the next two (with a healthy swing in gd). What currently looks a big gap in terms of points and position vanishes.

Its a very close and exciting fight.
I don't disagree with anything you say. I disagree that teams are looking backwards though. If you aren't at the top the only way you should be looking is forwards. If you let that anxiety creep in to your game you're doomed.

C'est Moi Cantona

I agree its a straight fight but in the same way we aren't looking in the teams in 7th and 8th the teams in the top four aren't looking back at us when the title is still possible.
We'll see, but personally I just don't think Arsenal or Liverpool really believe they'll be winning anything, and I am of a mind that it is Arsenal, and more so Liverpool who we are chasing, and if we can just claw ourselves a bit closer then they'll really be sweating, overtaking Spurs can wait, and using them as a way to pressure those above could be helpful for now.

Obviously we aren't looking back at 7 th or 8 th paced teams as those positions are as irrelevant as 5th and 6th.

Sylar

So if hes sent him off, its for the intentional pull right? Which should have meant free kick.
The trip in the box looks unintentional, but I think it was a penalty.

TBH, I think it should have been a penalty and yellow. Not sure how ref gave both though. Its a Mike Dean world and we all live in it.

RyRy11

Free kick about 30 yards out and Redmond getting a yellow is no doubt what we would have got if we were the attacking team...

MD 18 results and table before MD 19

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Watford 1-1 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 1-0 West Brom
Burnley 1-0 Middlesbrough
Chelsea 3-0 Bournemouth
Leicester 0-2 Everton
United 3-1 Sunderland
Swansea 1-4 West Ham
Hull 0-3 Man City
Liverpool 4-1 Stoke
Southampton 1-4 Spurs

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Liverpool - City should be good. When is Coutinho back for Liverpool?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Good chance I'm already too pissed to remember we're even playing.. Our game should've been played today or on New Year's Day, not on fecking New Year's Eve :(

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Good chance I'm already too pissed to remember we're even playing.. Our game should've been played today or on New Year's Day, not on fecking New Year's Eve :(
That happened to me (again) on Boxing Day. I watched the whole match, but 17:00 is way too late to be sober on a Monday. Had to re-watch the game later.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why the feck did they buy Enner Valencia? One of the worst players in the league.

NYAS

So many reasons to support Hull here and hope Everton get fecking smashed.

saivet

Think the Liverpool - City game should be a cracker tomorrow. Quite disappointed that I'll miss it.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I might have to miss the Liverpool much as well, such fecking stupid scheduling. If anything I would have preferred the game even being on tonight instead of NYE at half five. Annoying to say the least, this game isn't bad but Liverpool vs City would have fitted well.