Premier League holiday fixtures (Mon 26 Dec - Wed 4 Jan)

salford_

Tonight i am so split. Part of me thinks Chelsea winning run stops with a defeat tonight with Kane to score first

Another part of me thinks theyll win 2 or 3-1

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
You got a draw. That is literally one point better than losing. You can't talk about how a result could have been "a lot worse" when you only got one point.

And that's without even getting into how the result will more than likely leave you two points worse off than at least two of your contenders for the top four, both of whom played a tougher fixture than you. At the end of a similarly hectic schedule.

Re injuries. Isn't Coquelin out for a few weeks after an injury incurred last night?
Ok, i got it ;).
He suffered a typical hamstring injury.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Insane wasnt it. My dad supports Chelsea and says they can afford to lose now. But expects a draw
We can afford to lose, but losing to that bunch would be hard to swallow. Not as hard as losing to the dippers was earlier in the season, but hard none the less..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Is Tottenham your biggest rivalry?
Not even close. It probably was back in the hooligan days, but Spurs were shit for so long that in football terms it was hard to feel any kind of real rivalry or passion, they just became a joke to us really. 3 Point Lane and all that. Over the last 5-10 years Liverpool has become the real rivalry, although perhaps mutual hatred would be closer. Although in the last couple of years since they improved, the Spurs thing seems to be taking off a bit again. The players bizarrely seem to really hate Spurs, probably more than most of the fans do still. :lol:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not even close. It probably was back in the hooligan days, but Spurs were shit for so long that in football terms it was hard to feel any kind of real rivalry or passion, they just became a joke to us really. 3 Point Lane and all that. Over the last 5-10 years Liverpool has become the real rivalry, although perhaps mutual hatred would be closer. Although in the last couple of years since they improved, the Spurs thing seems to be taking off a bit again. The players bizarrely seem to really hate Spurs, probably more than most of the fans do still. :lol:
Probably a bit like us and Spurs recently. Many of us don't really give a feck about them until we clash each other, while Spurs are more obsessed by us.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Why this hatred between you and the scouse?

I would have figured Arse to be more of a hate object for you guys due to the whole London thing etc.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It seemed to kick off around the time when we were getting matched with them in Europe quite a bit, a few incidents like the ghost goal robbery and just seemed to blossom from there. It makes sense a bit with them being the club with the big success record in the past and now being a faded memory of a great club, and us being the nouveau riche upstarts stacking up the trophy count. Above anything though there just seems to be a general loathing and hatred between the fans.

I've only every really cared about Chelsea, yet if you put a match on between Liverpool and any other club on the planet for that 90 minutes I very quickly turn into a rabid supporter of whoever is playing against them. Can't stand the arrogant, delusional bunch of cnuts.

SwansonsTache

It seemed to kick off around the time when we were getting matched with them in Europe quite a bit, a few incidents like the ghost goal robbery and just seemed to blossom from there. It makes sense a bit with them being the club with the big success record in the past and now being a faded memory of a great club, and us being the nouveau riche upstarts stacking up the trophy count. Above anything though there just seems to be a general loathing and hatred between the fans.

I've only every really cared about Chelsea, yet if you put a match on between Liverpool and any other club on the planet for that 90 minutes I very quickly turn into a rabid supporter of whoever is playing against them. Can't stand the arrogant, delusional bunch of cnuts.
:drool:

ti vu

I would have figured Arse to be more of a hate object for you guys due to the whole London thing etc.
Mourinho emblemed that rivalry into his Chelsea team. Legend says L'pool approached Mourinho at Porto just to give the job to the SFW in the end. Then during Mourinho first stint at Chelsea, for some fecking reason Chelsea - L'pool was so regular match up in every fecking competition just like EL Classico during Mourinho's Madrid stint. L'pool did deal damage to Mourinho's Europe conquering quest with Chelsea (good thing as I see that it's harder for a manager to win European cup with your domestic rival to become your new boss. See how SFW was received by Chelsea fan even though he stabilized Chelsea and won Europa League)

Ixion

Spurs put more effort into their line-up tweets than we do. Sort it out Woodward.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
They're going 343/352 formation like Chelsea or is it Dire in midfield?
It was always going to be 352. Poch has been planning for the game weeks ahead. Alli & Kane upfront, Eriksen #10.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Spurs put more effort into their line-up tweets than we do. Sort it out Woodward.
The one player flashing thing is annoying as feck - especially if they don't put a list of the players in the same tweet. Have to wait about 10 seconds to see the full team instead of seeing it all and digesting it in two seconds.

SwansonsTache

Spurs with better lineup tweets than us, full automated sprinkler coverage and soon a NFL franchise.

The power truly has shifted.

Ixion

The one player flashing thing is annoying as feck - especially if they don't put a list of the players in the same tweet. Have to wait about 10 seconds to see the full team instead of seeing it all and digesting it in two seconds.
But think of the suspense whether you'll see Fellaini's name or not.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
These bloody youths confusing me. He'll be using his PSN ID next or something.
Now I can't stop imagining John Motson going 'Oh and that's a smashing strike by BangYourMom97, absolutely inspirational!'. :lol:

Peanut Butter

Come on Chelsea, hammer the Spuds 5-0 please. And a sending off for Lloris, Alderweield (sp?), Kane and Delly Belly please.

Going to be tight I predict. Think it will end 1-1.