Premier League holiday fixtures (Mon 26 Dec - Wed 4 Jan)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's no surprise when you look at the managers. Everyone said it at the start of the season.

Conte, Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp, Poch and Wenger is a formidable lineup.

I'm interested to see if all 6 are in charge this time next year.
Well it's fairly safe to assume that all of those managers are going to finish in the top six. You have to think about each one individually and look at their clubs expectations.

I think Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola are safe because all three of their clubs see them as long term appointments. United have had so much instability since Ferguson retired and there isn't anyone better than Mourinho out there. Guardiola and Klopp are clearly long term projects.

Conte would be at risk if he looked likely to end up outside the top four but I think it's top two minimum for them. Pochettino is a hard one to call but I don't see them sacking him if they finish close enough to the top four.

Wenger could be in trouble though. He's up against five very good managers and their fans are always ready to turn on him. This might be the year they're at risk of falling out of the top four and he's on his last year of his contract.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Watford should have their pay docked for this performance. Too many players at too many
mid-table teams just give up after Christmas once they think they are safe and have nothing to play for in their eyes. They get their managers sacked for that while they are picking up their over inflated wages.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Well it's fairly safe to assume that all of those managers are going to finish in the top six. You have to think about each one individually and look at their clubs expectations.

I think Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola are safe because all three of their clubs see them as long term appointments. United have had so much instability since Ferguson retired and there isn't anyone better than Mourinho out there. Guardiola and Klopp are clearly long term projects.

Conte would be at risk if he looked likely to end up outside the top four but I think it's top two minimum for them. Pochettino is a hard one to call but I don't see them sacking him if they finish close enough to the top four.

Wenger could be in trouble though. He's up against five very good managers and their fans are always ready to turn on him. This might be the year they're at risk of falling out of the top four and he's on his last year of his contract.
Mou and Guardiola are not exactly renowned for putting down roots though. Would be surprised if both do four seasons.

Utdstar01

This commentator is really having pleasure in the goal scorers being English today.
Alan Smith has been annoying as feck blowing Spurs all game when the reality is Watford have just been plain dreadful and Tottenham have been decent but nothing more.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How the hell did we lose 3-1 there?
Watford started the season well and we were playing nowhere near as good as we are now.

EDIT: you think we'd have a problem beating this lot today,

Fener1907

Tbh if we met Watford today I reckon we'd beat them handsomly.
We'd batter them for 70 minutes and then some substitute who'll never make much more of an impact after the game will come on and score out of nowhere.

That said, United are getting better at dealing with 'game raising cnuts'.

Irrational.

We'd batter them for 70 minutes with their defence playing like a 90's Milan side, Gomes also transforming into a commanding GK God, and then some substitute who'll never make much more of an impact after the game will come on and score out of nowhere. All this whilst the ref ignores a Watford sending off and denies us three penalties.

That said, United are getting better at dealing with 'game raising cnuts'.
Edited :)

Peanut Butter

How the hell did we lose 3-1 there?
I was expecting someone coming out with this.

We had a new manager who was still experimenting with his lineup and new to the job.

Spurs have an established manager and group of players now and understand what each other's roles are.

We didn't hit the ground running but we are doing just fine now.

Like I always say - patience patience patience.

Porch had some really dodgy results in his first season at Spurs IIRC.