Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
If they knew he didn't want to sign another then why didn't we sell him last month? Now he will leave for nothing.
If a player lets his contract run down then he can claim bigger wages as the transfer fee is reduced or non existent, the shorter the player has left on his contract the bigger his wage. If a player wants to maximise his earning potential then he should leave on a free.

It is why it has been so hard to shift Gibson and PIG, they have been holding out for better wages.

Sol Campbell famously did this and it is why Joanovic over at Liverpool was earning 80k a week despite being fecking shite.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Anyone remember or care whats actually wrong with Owen? Was it Leeds carling cup game he was injured in? What a joker, if he was a horse he'd have been shot years ago.
Galati home in October

Fergie says nothing about him since months...............if Owen wouldn't be on Twitter every day then i think he would be death.

MacMUFC

09:45 Here are the main points from Sir Alex's press conference:

"It was a crazy game [against Chelsea] at Old Trafford earlier in the season - it could have been 20-18! I don't think it will be like that on Sunday.
Hmm funny choice of numbers, that..

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Because no one met our £4m evaluation...for a fourth choice keeper who's contract is running out.
Yes because we always ask for loads for outgoing players.

I very much doubt the club would have stood in his way for any kind of offer

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Turn on the new Beta "Transcribe Captions" feature on the YouTube clip (bottom right) and listen to what Google thinks Fergie is saying. :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Turn on the new Beta "Transcribe Captions" feature on the YouTube clip (bottom right) and listen to what Google thinks Fergie is saying. :lol:
It is like Anderson's subtitled interview from a few years ago, it was his first interview in engerrlish :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I love watching his conferences. You can just see he loves having his own say, he grins every time they give him an opertunity to stick it to someone or other :D

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
So, Cleverley will be involved tomorrow. Smalling could also be available, no other players are expected to return.

Liverpool too soon for Jones, but will travel to Amsterdam.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sir Alex's press conference at Carrington has just finished. Here are the main points:

* Tom Cleverley will be involved in some capacity against Liverpool tomorrow. "He's training well at the moment."

* Chris Smalling could also be available, although no other players are expected to retirn.

* The Liverpool game will come too soon for Phil Jones but Sir Alex says he'll take the young defender to Holland next week for the Europa League tie against Ajax.

* On Saturday's Liverpool match: "We expect a hard game tomorrow but I'm just looking for the sort of performance we've been showing recently. That should help us."

twitter thread suggester
So Nani has had a setback? Considering he was almost ready before Chelsea.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We missed Nani a lot last week, and probably Smalling at CB even more. Though the Ajax games seem to have arrived at a convenient time to give certain players some match fitness practice.

Amir

Sometimes I don't understand why we say things about injuries. Mike Phelan said two weeks ago Jones could be fit for the Cup match at Anfield. Two weeks later he's not yet back. Fergie said last week Nani could be back for Chelsea. A week later he's not yet back. Obviously the situation with a players fitness can change here and there, but it's happening a little too much. We'd all obviously like to know, but if they're not sure, they shouldn't speak.

el eric

Sometimes I don't understand why we say things about injuries. Mike Phelan said two weeks ago Jones could be fit for the Cup match at Anfield. Two weeks later he's not yet back. Fergie said last week Nani could be back for Chelsea. A week later he's not yet back. Obviously the situation with a players fitness can change here and there, but it's happening a little too much. We'd all obviously like to know, but if they're not sure, they shouldn't speak.
Fergie's always lied about injurys

Take everything with a pinch of salt

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm sure it's to confuse our opponents with their game plan.

Varun

Staff
SAF lies about players fitness to keep the opponents guessing. Whats wrong with it?

Amir

SAF lies about players fitness to keep the opponents guessing. Whats wrong with it?
It was cute when he did it once in a while, like when Scholes popped up at Chelsea quite a few years back. It's a little silly when it's done on a weekly basis. I'd hardly think the fitness of Jones would keep the opponents guessing either.

Varun

Staff
It was cute when he did it once in a while, like when Scholes popped up at Chelsea quite a few years back. It's a little silly when it's done on a weekly basis. I'd hardly think the fitness of Jones would keep the opponents guessing either.
He does it with everybody now imo. Be it Jones or Rooney. I dont see why he shouldnt. It doesnt do any bad for anybody other than the ones who fret about their FF teams.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They speak because they're asked. God knows the fans would whinge if they refused to give any early updates on injuries. Unfortunately it's a very inexact science predicting exactly when someone will be fit again. I'm sure anyone who's played football is familiar with niggles which suddenly clear up overnight or persist much longer than you first thought. It's the same for professionals, even with all the technology at their disposal, it's down to the individual when they feel ok to play and individual healing times vary. Better we get inexact estimates than none at all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
No word on Anderson? Couple of weeks ago Cleverley was 2 weeks behind Anderson in his comeback so assuming theres been a setback.
Since his return there hasn't been a suitable game for him to play in I don't think. City away, Arsenal away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away, Liverpool home. He shouldn't play in them when he's fit let alone returning from injury.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
With Anderson its a whole differant ball game, actually its still football but its difficult. He needs to start against a really bad team and then Cleverley and him can work some magic once more.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
They speak because they're asked. God knows the fans would whinge if they refused to give any early updates on injuries. Unfortunately it's a very inexact science predicting exactly when someone will be fit again. I'm sure anyone who's played football is familiar with niggles which suddenly clear up overnight or persist much longer than you first thought. It's the same for professionals, even with all the technology at their disposal, it's down to the individual when they feel ok to play and individual healing times vary. Better we get inexact estimates than none at all.
Not to mention that we didn't want Chelsea to know if Nani would play, so they have less opportunity to predict our line-up and tactics, forcing the opposing players to prepare for multiple possibilities. Especially before big games, SAF loves to put out a little disinformation.

Hans Moleman

18:01 Press conference will start a bit later than I expected - Sir Alex is doing interviews with MUTV and live-match broadcaster Channel5 at the moment. Stand by...

Hans Moleman

18:07 Sir Alex: "I feel good about being in the Europa League. It's a tournament we're going to try and win. I think we have a responsibility to do better [in Europe] than we've done earlier in the season. That wasn't expected but it happens. We have an opportunity now to do better in the second half of the season."

18:09 Sir Alex: "When you look at the teams that are in this competition it's a challenge. There are some very good teams in it but hopefully we'll do well.

"I think our form is very good at the moment. We're getting players back, which helps. I will certainly try and play my strongest team in each round now.

"We threw it away against Basel in the home game and were unlucky against Benfica in the other home game. That caught us short and we suffered for it. Now players are coming back and I'm sure, with the number of players I have, we can combine the league and the Europa League."

Status
Not open for further replies.