Protests following the killing of George Floyd

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
The US spends 100 billion each year to fund the police, and 80 billion for the prison system. That is, 180 billion dollars each year for policing.

Absolute madness! Any solution that does not incorporate a massive defunding of the police is not a real solution.
That really doesn't seem like that much to me for the policing? England & Wales spend £13.3 billion (17.2 billion dollars) per year on policing which is basically the same per capita as the US, and UK policing has been notoriously underfunded by the Conservative government (in 2010 under Labour we would have been paying more per capita).... I don't really understand the logic of those who think defunding the police is the answer. What exactly is that solving? The US need to reform the police, better training, better vetting, unpopular as it may be - in some areas better salary to attract better candidates.

The US prison system is insane though and massively over budget (which isnt' exactly a surprise given how many people are jailed in the US).

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
erm I don't understand the white people prostrating themselves before black people, I haven't seen it and have no idea if it is of any use.

However Jesus humbled himself before his disciples to perform Pedilavium:

John 13:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Jesus can be good for you.

Also before anyone thinks they've caught me out drawing a parallel between Christ and his disciples - master and servant- white and black: you haven't. It should go without saying but I know what you thick cnuts are like, and I see you out in force right now trying to construct arguments like a beagle trying to set an eco-cycle.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
erm I don't understand the white people prostrating themselves before black people, I haven't seen it and have no idea if it is of any use.
Meh, they're just humble-bragging.

AFC NimbleThumb

Man drops n-bomb and chases off protestors with a chainsaw in Texas

They’ll as soon as build a wall & put him on the south side of it but yea, it’s the niggers fooling people.

America has shown its ass these past 2 weeks, I’m unsure whether to be angry or amused.

RedDevil@84

So two wankers push an old man over and cause him serious injury, rightly get suspended for it and then 57 off their colleagues resign in protest?! The feck is wrong with these people.
Because the colleagues believe that their orders from their superior was absolute. The area was supposed to be cleared, old men or kids. So if anyone was refusing to clear the area, they need to be physically removed. They believe that the guy was shoved with normal force, but he tripped and hit hard. So it was incorrect to suspend the 2 cops for doing their jobs.

Now it's a different thing if we believe that version of events.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Because the colleagues believe that their orders from their superior was absolute. The area was supposed to be cleared, old men or kids. So if anyone was refusing to clear the area, they need to be physically removed. They believe that the guy was shoved with normal force, but he tripped and hit hard. So it was incorrect to suspend the 2 cops for doing their jobs.

Now it's a different thing if we believe that version of events.
Two Buffalo Police ERT members say resignation was not in solidarity with suspended officers
https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/exclusive-two-buffalo-police-ert-members-say-resignation-was-not-in-solidarity-with-suspended-officers

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Disgusting creatures...
Guardian said:
Fox News is drawing rebuke after airing a graphic tracking stock market gains following the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr, the acquittal of Los Angeles police officers who savagely beat Rodney King, and the police killings of Michael Brown and George Floyd.
One of the graphics aired:

RedDevil@84

Damn you BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52945190

All 57 officers in the riot squad have now reportedly resigned in protest at their two colleagues' suspension.

John Evans, president of the local police union, told the newspaper: "Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square.

"It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

I didn't think this deserved it's own thread but I laughed at him so hard, degenerate feck.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

I didn't think this deserved it's own thread but I laughed at him so hard, degenerate feck.
There's also a guy who goes by "One Angry Gamer" who is compiling a list of American "traitors", those traitors being anyone who shows any kind of support Black Lives Matter.

Dante

Average bang
There's also a guy who goes by "One Angry Gamer" who is compiling a list of American "traitors", those traitors being anyone who shows any kind of support Black Lives Matter.
:lol: I almost got completely the wrong end of the stick.

Coming from you, I thought you were referring to Angry Video Game Nerd. It took a bit of Googling to realise they're different people.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
:lol: I almost got completely the wrong end of the stick.

Coming from you, I thought you were referring to Angry Video Game Nerd. It took a bit of Googling to realise they're different people.
:lol: No thankfully AVGN isn't involved in any way!

His list got The Beatles, the great American traitors. :lol:
:lol:

I like how most people are taking it as an hour to be on there now.

Amarsdd

I would've thought this was parody if no one said otherwise.
Anyway this guy will 100% go on and buy most of the next-gen consoles and games, well probably not TLOU 2.

fergosaurus

Michael Jordan says he will donate $100m (£78m) to groups fighting for racial equality and social justice.

The NBA legend said in a statement that he and his Jordan Brand would distribute the money over 10 years.
The money will go to a number of organisations in a bid to tackle "ingrained racism".

It comes in the wake of protests breaking out across the US and around the world following the death of George Floyd as he was restrained by police.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/52944161

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can't fathom why the DA didn't arrest and bring some kind of charges against the other three officers right from the go. The two junior officers have already turned on Chauvin saying they were suggesting Chauvin roll Floyd on his side and that one of them couldn't find a pulse during the struggle but he refused and they couldn't overrule him. This immediately makes the prosecutor's case against Chauvin iron clad.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I can't fathom why the DA didn't arrest and bring some kind of charges against the other three officers right from the go. The two junior officers have already turned on Chauvin saying they were suggesting Chauvin roll Floyd on his side and that one of them couldn't find a pulse during the struggle but he refused and they couldn't overrule him. This immediately makes the prosecutor's case against Chauvin iron clad.
My guess probably there's several reason:

1. Politically bad to charge a cop
2. Work related conflict of interest
3. Probable retaliation from a cop (harrased everyday, fined for every single rubber infraction they can find)
4. Your superior would whisper something in your year such as "slap them in the wrist, it's election year
5. Could probably goes into a lost in court if not for a nationwide riot
6. Can't be arsed to play hero
7. It's hard to get a conviction against a cop, you never know who's dirty and who's not in the higher up
8. Could be a career suicide, nobody wants a knight in the shining armour on their ranks
9. Imagine if you lose the case, and you have to work with the same guy you're charged against
10. Sending a cop to prison is normally a death sentence for them, it's a hard time for them at prison, so I don't think the DA would be too trigger happy to do so unless the situation is extremely extraordinary. Most minor and non lethal misconduct would probably just swepth of the rug. Sadly the black lives that's on the line. This time George Floyd got lucky people cam the whole incident. And there's that case where a black man was jailed 3 years in solitary confinement for allegedly stealing backpack. Mental. I'd imagine most minor offence and possession charged felony are just some baloney made up charges to indict more black into the prison system.

(again, only a guess)