Protests following the killing of George Floyd

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Glad this was posted. The argument that thug wasn't racist was without the full context.
The Miami police chief was quite the racist cop, it was his use of police that was the template for some of the worst police brutality in the nation. It’s worth a Google search.

arnie_ni

Im with this woman. No idea what the hell is going on and im not a fan of anyone, white, black, dem, Republican, media or politician claiming its x y and z when no one has any idea really at this moment.

Barr and trump claiming it to be a certain group (antifa) at this stage is nonsensical.

Hoping for no more deaths!

Deery

Dreary

Im with this woman. No idea what the hell is going on and im not a fan of anyone, white, black, dem, Republican, media or politician claiming its x y and z when no one has any idea really at this moment.

Barr and trump claiming it to be a certain group (antifa) at this stage is nonsensical.

Hoping for no more deaths!
You either know what side of the gate you stand on or you don’t

jungledrums

He used a term that a racist used also in that tweet. So yeah the use of thugs as a dog whistle was deliberate.
Please don’t take out of context. I was replying to a poster who asked about the term. I know full well the associations of the term - my comment was merely explaining to a poster that I understood their point of view.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cops losing their minds. Though I cant imagine the stress they are under.
If the car didn't have a siren this would be an act of terrorism?
Don't think NYPD are making many new fans this evening.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don't think NYPD are making many new fans this evening. Cops losing their minds. Though I cant imagine the stress they are under.

Jesus fecking christ, what complete idiots...

kidbob

Don't think NYPD are making many new fans this evening. Cops losing their minds. Though I cant imagine the stress they are under.

That's multiple counts of attempted murder for any normal citizen.

arnie_ni

There’s only two sides you got a pick one
Not sure i agree with that, even this guy doesnt.

You can both be mad at what happened and wish there was a better way.

Im not sure what the better way is. Peaceful protests like kneeling didnt work, so i guess this is the next logical step.

arnie_ni

Jesus christ

Cloud7

In my limited knowledge on this it seems to me that this brutal murder has lit a fire that only needed a spark to set alight. From the brutality against minorities (particularly black people) to the rampant inequality, the failure of virus response and the unsupported financial and healthcare problems that come with it it seemed inevitable that America was reaching a boiling point. It's no surprise that this has come under an openly facist and uncaring government. May of these issues have existed under endless governance of both parties but perhaps this is the first time that the government has dropped all facades of caring and a wider public has woken up to reality.

I remember a speech by an Iraq veteran where he said that he realised he had more in common with the Iraqis he was sent to kill than the suits that sent him to Iraq. Now is the time for Americans of all races that have been ignored and disenfranchised by their government to unite and demand a seat at the table. I don't hope for any harm to the innocent but, as has been pointed out multiple times in this very thread, all their peaceful protests have been ignored and when a ruling class does this then history tells us that the general public will eventually choose to fight back.

No single ordinary person should be condemning these protests. Protests like this don't happen when the system works, it happens when the majority of people within a system have had enough of being ignored and treated like shit. Now is the time for people of all races to realise that they have more in common with each other than they do with the people in power and do what is needed to demand change. I can't think of one moment in history where real change didn't come from mass protest.

The real facade that is bring highlighted here is the idea of 'democracy' when the governing class represent a minority of 'important' people over the majority.
Superb post mate

Foxbatt

You would expect the Chinese may do something like this but not in the land of the free?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You would expect the Chinese may do something like this but not in the land of the free?
Chinese Government must be pissing themselves. 21st century is all there's and with zero competition as USA is too busy eating itself alive.

Deery

Dreary
Not sure i agree with that, even this guy doesnt.

You can both be mad at what happened and wish there was a better way.

Im not sure what the better way is. Peaceful protests like kneeling didnt work, so i guess this is the next logical step.
See I watched that earlier and agreed with the most of what he said but when you pick a side you pick everything. You have to respect people’s outrage.

I think this guy said it better

Last edited:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So, on a scale of 1-10, where are we in terms of Making America Great Again?

Its fecking burning.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
It's the age of information folks, and he who controls the narrative/feelz, controls the minds. And it's playing out by blatant examples of infiltration of protests.

All this Antifa shit is a load of balls. The Alt-Right scapegoat for the shit they themselves are instigating.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
BBC’s top story on mobile is ‘US astronauts begin historic trip on private spacecraft’. Jesus fecking Christ..