Protests following the killing of George Floyd

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I’m saying that you’re refusing to accept that he’s using the word in this context for a specific reason and the fact that he’s used it in other scenarios doesn’t excuse its use here or act as evidence for it being innocent.

The capitalising if that single word when talking about protests over young black men being killed by the police is not by accident. There being white people joining the protests doesn’t change that, it’s fundamentally about the treatment of black people in America and the language used by the right in these situations is as clear as day when compared to other situations such as “good people on both sides” and the rednecks storming State Capitol buildings armed with assault rifles as “very good people”.
Do you really think he is capable of choosing his words that carefully. On occasions I think he has a genuine inability to communicate coherently. He often uses the wrong words and its sometimes difficult to understand exactly what he is trying to say in any detail. On occasions his sentences are infantile and he frequently has to dig deep for the right words. Often in vain.

For this reason I find it difficult to determine if he actually meant there to be a racial slur or if he was just being his normal stupid self.

Carolina Red

Staff
It’s bizarre that so many of them justify the owning of guns on the basis that a well armed populace is essential in case they ever need to fight back against an oppressive state apparatus, only to lose their shit when a few poor people break some windows to achieve the same goal.
Spot on.

Carolina Red

Staff
For this reason I find it difficult to determine if he actually meant there to be a racial slur or if he was just being his normal stupid self.
White supremacist commits murder with a car... “Good people on both sides”

White people, heavily armed, storm government buildings... “good people, make a deal”

This... “Thugs”

But yeah, keep telling yourself that

arnie_ni

I'm aware of what the word carries when it's inaccurately used within the context for no other reason than the targets happening to be black. That isn't the case here.
Its pretty obvious he used it inflammatory.

If he didnt have that intention, he'd have used a different word, knowing how it would be perceived.

My opinion anyway

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm so bloody bored of (supposed) devil's advocates in these threads.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Do you really think he is capable of choosing his words that carefully. On occasions I think he has a genuine inability to communicate coherently. He often uses the wrong words and its sometimes difficult to understand exactly what he is trying to say in any detail. On occasions his sentences are infantile and he frequently has to dig deep for the right words. Often in vain.

Can we stop pretending like Trump is some braindead moron. He knows how to appeal to his base supporters. He knows how to play politics and stir up emotions. He knows how to exploit racism. That does not mean he is a genius or even intelligent, but he knows what he is doing and it is dangerous to pretend otherwise.

arnie_ni

it was to ascertain whether there was any form of existing animosity between them mate. It turns out they had worked together in the past so I’d bet money that the officer was using this to settle an old score.

This looks like pre determined murder to me. He had every intention of ending that poor mans life from the moment he placed his knee on his neck/throat.

These riots are just the tip of the iceberg if that cop doesn’t end up facing murder charges.
Thats actually a point i didnt consider.

I thought itd be very hard prove premeditation for the murder charge, and he would just get their version of manslaughter, but now, when they have history i bet someone could find a reason for it and the charge of murder could stick.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its pretty obvious he used it inflammatory.

If he didnt have that intention, he'd have used a different word, knowing how it would be perceived.

My opinion anyway
Trump has had a lifetimes practice in communicating what he thinks.

Some may not like what he has to say, but he is a one of the best comms guys alive: he knows exactly how to express what he feels, and is totally in control of his narrative, according to media channel.

Trump has taken twitter expression to another level and he knows how to say a lot with few words.

So anyone trying argue that Trump doesn’t have full mastery over what he expresses, especially on Twitter, is either very naive or has another agenda.

Last edited:

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
It’s bizarre that so many of them justify the owning of guns on the basis that a well armed populace is essential in case they ever need to fight back against an oppressive state apparatus, only to lose their shit when a few poor people break some windows to achieve the same goal.
If you get the time to watch this please do. Its well worth the watch and sums up the USA's opinion on gun laws perfectly.

Oh yeah, its also fecking hilarious.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm so bloody bored of (supposed) devil's advocates in these threads.
Also same posters every time, which I guess isn’t surprising, as it’s 'selective unbias' which is the bias itself.

Last edited:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Fair enough at her getting annoyed by him jumping on the car, but bloody hell.

That looks like attempted murder to me, feck me.

Just drive on you lunatic
It is. There's no other way to describe intentionally trying to run over someone with your car.

As an aside, can we appreciate how fast the lass with the pink top and orange hat is? :eek:

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
White supremacist commits murder with a car... “Good people on both sides”

White people, heavily armed, storm government buildings... “good people, make a deal”

This... “Thugs”

But yeah, keep telling yourself that
I wasn't telling myself anything. If you read my post I said I was having difficulty in deciding.

Back off.

arnie_ni

Trump has had a lifetimes practice in communicating what he thinks.

Some may not like what he has to say, but he is a one of the best comms guys alive: he knows exactly how to express what he feels, and is totally in control of his narrative and according to media channel.

Trump has taken twitter expression to another level and he knows how to say a lot with very few words.

So anyone trying argue that Trump doesn’t have full mastery over what he expressss, especially on Twitter is either very naive or has another agenda.
Exactly my point.

He isnt a clueless idiot.

He knows exactly what he's doing

Stacks

And you are clearly not looking deep enough, it's not as if it was an isolated incident. As for your last question, they are rioters that's the actual definition and it's not a positive term, while I understand the context and see how people could become violent I condemn it because it's going to be used against them even though the sources of the riots/protests are legitimate.
And I will insist on term riot/rioters, these people are acting violently in the context of a protest, they are not thugs but rioters. If they acted violently outside of the context of a protest the term thug could have been relevant, if it was describe criminals in the sense that it is their way of life, but it's not and it's even worse when you know how it's used within Trump's political base.
Thugs is fine to use too and the rioters are a mixed group. Calling a mixed group of protesters with many visible white people in the group "thugs" has racial connotations? Are Trumps fans going to look at these black and white people rioting and think racist shit?

psychdelicblues

feck off.
:lol: Like clockwork. You’re the same poster who said that Ahmaud Arbery was just as much as a threat to the two white men who shot him as he was standing within ‘fist swinging’ range of them so it’s no surprise you are in here spouting bullshit. Btw what are your thoughts of the killing of George Floyd itself, was he still a threat while his neck was being crushed by the officer’s knee?
It’s interesting that you’re so quick to jump to blaming black people for everything.
Yep. That poster has, in the last few weeks alone, written some of the absolute worst posts I've ever read on here.
It’s pretty clear what this poster is, judging by their posts throughout the forum
Yep, a pretty blatant racist.

Blacks often force their negative stereotypes upon themselves by doing a majority of crimes and receive the most welfare. We can now argue about it being biological or a matter of higher rates of crimes happening in bad neighborhoods and blacks being in a vicious cycle. This might be too extensive though. Look here. Note that the american population consists of about 13,5 % blacks, yet they do 50% of murders. Also note that hispanics are counted as whites.
Now compare blacks to asians. For some reason most asians don't even remotely get as much racism towards them. That could eventually be, because they are actively trying to integrate themselves.........

The bigger problem is with people, especially minorities, wallowing in their self-pity and victimhood. You call a brit a tea-trinker or a french a frog-eater and that's ok. You call a black a banana-eater and you are racist. You make a joke about a man and everyone laughs. You make one about a woman and you are suddenly a sexist. But trying to make a change on oneself as an individual?

https://www.joindota.com/en/forums/gotopost/3839131

.....And yes, what happened in the past towards blacks was clearly wrong, but we are not living in the past. We are living today. You want to live a better life today? Go to school, get a proper education, get a proper job and you can easily get out of the vicious cycle of what modern american black thug culture is.
https://www.joindota.com/en/forums/gotopost/3839203

Other than that you are right that there are more factors to the issue. Poverty and being a minority surely can have an impact on a certain demographic. The statistic show though that there is way more to it than that. We could argue now that there is a genetical predisposition, but I would rather go that a key-influence is - which I stated several times before already - a toxic black culture revolving around glorifying crime, lack of responsibility, victimisation, outcasting their own peers for being different and to some extent being racist themselves towards whites.

Additionally by no means I deny there is racism. Instead my original statement in this thread was that there is some mutual racism and blacks certainly brought the negative stereotypes upon themselves and thats the point I argue for. Furthermore the racism card is overstated and not as extreme as it is made out to be.
https://www.joindota.com/en/forums/gotopost/3839389

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I refer you to the rhetoric Trump and his base used against Colin Kaepernick, who did nothing but shut up and kneeled when the national anthem played at NFL games. If you think the people rioting would be given more respect/credence if they sat down and sang "we shall overcome"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'You kill ONE woman and you're a sexist. Okay, it was two. No, three. Maybe four...'

Carolina Red

Staff
I wasn't telling myself anything. If you read my post I said I was having difficulty in deciding.

Back off.
You’ve been told it’s definitely a dog whistle how many times? You’ve googled it yourself and seen that it is. And you’re still struggling with it... So you tell me what the cause of that is then.

Drifter

American

Back off.
Personally i think you are just getting a kick out of being devils advocate. You are not really concerned IMO.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Can we stop pretending like Trump is some braindead moron. He knows how to appeal to his base supporters. He knows how to play politics and stir up emotions. He knows how to exploit racism. That does not mean he is a genius or even intelligent, but he knows what he is doing and it is dangerous to pretend otherwise.
[/QUOT
You’ve been told it’s definitely a dog whistle how many times? You’ve googled it yourself and seen that it is. And you’re still struggling with it... So you tell me what the cause of that is then.
Its a cultural thing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I refer you to the rhetoric Trump and his base used against Colin Kaepernick, who did nothing but shut up and kneeled when the national anthem played at NFL games. If you think the people rioting would be given more respect/credence if they sat down and sang "we shall overcome"

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Yes, it happens. Occupy wallstreet was a great example for that. Yet, some protests manage to remain peaceful without looting and burning cars happening and others don't. And when it happens, it make these protestors look bad. Or would you disagree about it making the protests look bad?

For now I assume you wouldn't. So what should protestors do? Get actually together and organise themselves to make a more reasonably protest that make more people want to agree with what they protest for. Everything else is harming their cause.
Occupy acheived feck all. inequality has increased.
BLM's peaceful protests have been met with killings and no changes to the endless stream of police killings.
MLK's strictly-peaceful protests were hated by the vast majority of people while he was alive, so being peaceful doesn't acheive societal acceptance.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thugs is fine to use too and the rioters are a mixed group. Calling a mixed group of protesters with many visible white people in the group "thugs" has racial connotations? Are Trumps fans going to look at these black and white people rioting and think racist shit?
Are you doing it on purpose, you still don't get that the point is to put the spot light on the black community? Trump fans don't care about facts, they care about narratives, if Trump fans cared about facts they wouldn't be Trump fans in the first place.

Sara125

I did further digging of his posts on that site and he also hates gay people and women.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@RedTiger

OK I get it, he's a coward and a phony. Why pretend, deep down he must know his views are wrong.

Cloud7

I for one am shocked that these are his thoughts. Absolutely shocked.

Ludens the Red

We didn't need his off-site posts to know he's a racist who believes in traits being inherited genetically. His posts on here were more than enough to ascertain that.
I didn’t know that and if it wasn’t for @psychdelicblues rightfully pointing it all out I’d never have known. Even if just one person is able to take in this newly acquired information, his job is done.