Which owners would you prefer?

• Qatar

Votes: 961 62.8%
  • Ineos

Votes: 570 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedDevil@84

I‘m thinking more in line of forcing transfers we can‘t afford, sanctions/relegation, knee jerk manager firings.
I am still unable to connect all that to a state fund owning a club. All that can happen if individuals own the club too.

mu4c_20le

Talking bollocks again.

I only want an owner who is prepared to purchase us with no debt, Ineos haven't said they will cleasr the current debt, only not add any new debt. Plus, they will need huge loans to buy the club and then upgrade / build new stadium amd training facilities (if they're even planning to do that). They haven't really set out what their plans are, which is concerning.

Whilst not ideal, the Qataris have said they will do all that debt free. That's what is important to me.
Thought it was the environment? :wenger:

alexthelion

He basically said fans like you only cared until big money was coming. Then you retorted that that's bollocks and you only care that big money is coming (in the form of no more debt). Bizarre.
No, I don't care if they put in nothing to the team, I want upgraded facilits and NO DEBT, that's the most important part for me. We can live on our own without the debt.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
No, I don't care if they put in nothing to the team, I want upgraded facilits and NO DEBT, that's the most important part for me. We can live on our own without the debt.
yeap. We just need to get back to financial terra firma. With ol' Jimbo we will still have the existing debt to pay plus if we need any infrastructure improvements other than a fresh lick of pain, we will need to borrow further. Making ETH fight with one arm tied behind his back.

Abizzz

I don't disagree on that part. We've all wanted United to be debt free for about 2 decades now... However delivering that still amounts to receiving a large amount of money (and would result in a way stronger position in every aspect, which obviously is why we want it). I won't argue any of that.

But if that's what makes Qatar's bid acceptable how does that not amount to throwing out previous convictions for the money?

Talking bollocks again.

I only want an owner who is prepared to purchase us with no debt, Ineos haven't said they will cleasr the current debt, only not add any new debt. Plus, they will need huge loans to buy the club and then upgrade / build new stadium amd training facilities (if they're even planning to do that). They haven't really set out what their plans are, which is concerning.

Whilst not ideal, the Qataris have said they will do all that debt free. That's what is important to me.
Only State owners can buy clubs without loans, so you’ve obviously always been for State ownership then, just that it suited you to slag it off and City/Newcastle when then had something you wanted (debt free ownership).

D4X73r

I get what you're saying but I don't think racism is age specific.

However I think it's fair to say that the older you get you are more in tune with global affairs and politics. How many kids / teens care about politics? Hardly any.

That was my point.
I'm on your side on that topic. Racism is an issue in all generations and that's something I don't like to see. Hoping for the younger generations to remove/abondon that attitude, but currently not looking like it.

But also saying that hardly any kids/teens don't care about politics is not correct. I for myself know a lot more >30 y/o giving a feck about politics, other than the usual "nothing will change/it doesn't matter what/who I vote" and so on. On the other side, I see quite a few <20 y/o really following political situation in our country and also other countries. I'm no expert for kids/teens but since I'm in regular exchange with the age bracket 15-25 years, I do have a few points to consider for those telling things like "teens don't care about politics".

The current political situation in nearly all countries around the globe is horrendous, considering the situation we are all in as human beings. There is hardly any change, no matter how much younger generations are pushing for it, as there are so many "boomers" (or old school politicians, to not generalizate this into a whole generation) who only care about their own benefit. not only single politicians, but also whole partys. The political situation and everything around it is so outdated in my opinion, investing time and learning about it and so on is (IMHO) more like training your 6 year old how to use a fax machine. there needs to be some "update" on all of this to be functional again. but since this is not going to happen, younger generations will more likely not invest into it that much for the politics as of now, but will spend time for more relevant topics for them, like for example the current climate crisis, which is still a topic not really addressed by any of the current politicians in any country. This is now going so far, that here in Austria, the "last generation" is sueing the state/politicians for not keeping up with the right for the future for the next generations and therefore violating the law on purpose. The next generation is invested into politics and global development, but not in the same manner as >30 y/o like to see them to do so, as it is a new way (not directly a better way, but we will see at the end of it)

sorry for offtopic on this

Mwooyo

Believe it or not, some people care about human rights outside of Europe too. And you can't separate success on the pitch with human rights abuses in Qatar when the former is bought and promoted by the people responsible for the latter
Well you should just say that it is you who can't separate them. If you cant understand that the issues are different well, its on you. For most other people, they can...and thats the reality. Honestly, most people dont live in your black and white world. We are able to see the human rights abuses elsewhere, condemn them but also see the ownership that is complying with european laws and aggressively investing in the club and community. Its not that hard to see

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Oh come on, be realistic. Who in their right mind is going to fork out £4bn, probably with loans that make the Glazers' one look like pocket change and not expect a healthy return on their investment.

Of course City/Chelsea/PSG don't want their oil murderers kicked out, why would they? They've turned them from non-entities to top[ teams with the £billions of blood money they've poured in. Is that what we want, to be a plaything of a murderous arab regime? Because it's likely to be that or someone that will make the Glazers look benevolent by comparison.
Talking bollocks again.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'll ask again, since I got no takers from page 24.

Serious question, and not calling any particular poster out, but how many people boycotted the World Cup on moral grounds?
As in, didn't watch a minute due to Qatar's reputation on human rights, or sports washing?

I watched every game I could.
Does that make me a bad person?
Didn't watch anything. Didn't click on articles regarding it with exception of threads on the caf where asked if we would watch or something like that.

Don't consider you a bad person for watching.
I couldn't stomach it. It is how i felt about it and my decision on how to deal with that.
The same will go for my continued support of the club with new Qatari owners. I'm looking through threads opening myself up for what i consider good posts to help accept it (so far read one very good, and one that somewhat helps), while putting those i find less than helpful on ignore in order to quell the stream of likely uninteresting points of view.

For now i am in the "this isn't for me anymore" camp. I expect that to stay but continue to look.

alexthelion

I don't disagree on that part. We've all wanted United to be debt free for about 2 decades now... However delivering that still amounts to receiving a large amount of money (and would result in a way stronger position in every aspect, which obviously is why we want it). I won't argue any of that.

But if that's what makes Qatar's bid acceptable how does that not amount to throwing out previous convictions for the money?
Sorry, don't see it the same way. Doesn't have to be the Qataris, it just appears that their bid (of the ones we know about) aligns with what I would like to happen.

Verminator

If you're ok with it, there's no need to try and justify it so vehemently. We all know it's not ok deep down but we don't have any power over the situation.
That's it though. Most of us don't really want either bid, nor the status quo.

People have valid reasons for NOT wanting either bid, but there has to be an element of self denial to think one is a great bid. So, we're left with choosing to prefer, one the the scenarios we don't want.

Arguing Qatar isn't a state bid, is as daft as arguing a tory-donor billionaire is being altruistic.

We can't have what we want. No debt, no state, lots of investment.

Which ones do you want least?

tomaldinho1

That's it though. Most of us don't really want either bid, nor the status quo.

People have valid reasons for NOT wanting either bid, but there has to be an element of self denial to think one is a great bid. So, we're left with choosing to prefer, one the the scenarios we don't want.

Arguing Qatar isn't a state bid, is as daft as arguing a tory-donor billionaire is being altruistic.

We can't have what we want. No debt, no state, lots of investment.

Which ones do you want least?
Exactly, this thread is really just abut being honest with yourself.
The choice outlined is Ineos v Qatar (who knows if there are other bids in the pipeline) and Ineos wins, for me, because it's not a country. Simple as that - don't even need to get into the human rights side of things to differentiate - United should not become the plaything of a country.

If someone is ok with state ownership and that state being Qatar, then that's fine - but to pretend the bid isn't state funded is a waste of everyone's time.

Castia

The future success of this club rides with Qatar

Anything else on the table is Glazers#2 and we will be in a slumber for many years.

alexthelion

Exactly, this thread is really just abut being honest with yourself.
The choice outlined is Ineos v Qatar (who knows if there are other bids in the pipeline) and Ineos wins, for me, because it's not a country. Simple as that - don't even need to get into the human rights side of things to differentiate - United should not become the plaything of a country.

If someone is ok with state ownership and that state being Qatar, then that's fine - but to pretend the bid isn't state funded is a waste of everyone's time.
Despit they wont clear current debt, not buying 100%, hasving to take massive loans from dodgy Americans, not clearly stated what their plans are.

But that's OK because he's a local British lad from Monaco!

Dion

Despit they wont clear current debt, not buying 100%, hasving to take massive loans from dodgy Americans, not clearly stated what their plans are.

But that's OK because he's a local British lad from Monaco!
That's not what he said.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
&quot;like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

But that's OK because he's a local British lad
from Monaco!
That’s not what he said, is it? It’s not even what he implied. He clearly said he prefers Ineos because they aren’t a country. Why are people so consistently disingenuous in this poxy thread?

Dion

And welcome our new Saudi overlords because they were the only ones who could afford to buy United.

Happy now?
Better than the Saudis, possibly better than any new owner.
Even if we get the Saudis instead?
Hopefully?

So, if there's no other option you'd take the Saudis over the Glazers?
Just as anyone who voted "yes" doesn't have the right to complain if we get sold to the Saudis or someone worse.

Agreed?
How in Hell will someone paying around £4bn not take more money? That's ridiculous to even think (unless they're the Saudi Murderer or maybe Chinese).
Saudi Murderer? Chinese? Other businessmen who would take out even more?
Do we?

Have you got a nice benovolent owner lined up, otherwise you're looking at someone like the Saudi Murderer or a buyout that will make the Glazers' one look like peanuts?
There's always the Saudi Murderer.

Nobody else would cough up £3bn or £4bn and not want their cut.

OrcaFat

Yes exactly. We can‘t spend huge sums on transfers unless we cook the books like City. Or hand out 8 year contracts. Both terrible options.
We can’t immediately spend huge sums but in the long term we can. Like I said, the spending limit is to do with how much you generate. Without debt repayments and with sensible investment in the bricks and mortar along with further development of the commercial potential, we will be able to spend more, probably, than anyone else.

Nobody is saying the exact opposite of this. It would be weird if they did.

alexthelion

That’s not what he said, is it? It’s not even what he implied. He clearly said he prefers Ineos because they aren’t a country. Why are people so consistently disingenuous in this poxy thread?
Just pointing out what he prefers. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

NLunited

We can’t immediately spend huge sums but in the long term we can. Like I said, the spending limit is to do with how much you generate. Without debt repayments and with sensible investment in the bricks and mortar along with further development of the commercial potential, we will be able to spend more, probably, than anyone else.

Nobody is saying the exact opposite of this. It would be weird if they did.
I think the majority of the fans believe we will see Chelsea spending levels. Therefpre it is the exact opposite.

Getting Mbappé in summer would be possible MAYBE, because the transfersum would be huge and the wages huge.

Getting Bellingham and Mbappé in one window? Not gonna happen unless the Qataris cook the books.

60% of MU fans are living in the Twilight Zone.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I think the majority of the fans believe we will see Chelsea spending levels. Therefpre it is the exact opposite.

Getting Mbappé in summer would be possible MAYBE, because the transfersum would be huge and the wages huge.

Getting Bellingham and Mbappé in one window? Not gonna happen unless the Qataris cook the books.

Orcafat didn't say anything remotely like we will get Bellingham and Mbappe in one window, his post was quite measured and conservative.

Why are so many people making stuff up?

ShinjiNinja26

Why are you so obsessed with Mbappe? You’re constantly bringing him up despite there being no credible links that we’re after him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So the majority want a Qatar ownership? I think I am shocked, but perhaps I shouldn’t be.
Everyone wants the Glazers gone (obviously) and among the two statements submitted last Friday, the Qatari one appears more attractive because of the outright sale with out debt, a paying off of existing debt, and promises of infrastructure development. That's not to say the Qatari bid will win in the end, or even that the Glazers are guaranteed to sell. There's a lot of wishful thinking based on minimal verified, factual information.