Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

arnie_ni

From someone who never bothered with anything regarding the royal family and all that bullshit, genuinely curious. How was she as a person? Obviously her husband was a racist twat all those years, so curious what the perception amongst non crazy people are in the UK about her? Did she mainly just do media duties or did she actually do anything.
She doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloth as the rest of them. The best of them I'd imagine.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
From someone who never bothered with anything regarding the royal family and all that bullshit, genuinely curious. How was she as a person? Obviously her husband was a racist twat all those years, so curious what the perception amongst non crazy people are in the UK about her? Did she mainly just do media duties or did she actually do anything.
She did a lot. For a start, she had a weekly meeting with the Prime Minister where anything could be discussed. It's been said that because this was all absolutely confidential, the various PMs liked to have the opportunity to use her as a sounding board. She'd met virtually every world leader, she'd seen it all and she was an intelligent woman.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
probably time to bring it into the 21st century and give himself a mumble rapper type name.
I hope so, I'd have even less respect for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
She came across as ok? Seemed to do a reasonable job as a monarch. Not so great as a parent. Her kids were pretty fecked up.
Fair enough. I'm sure parenting people who are "royalty" is quite difficult so hard to put much blame on her for that.

Always got the impression everything associated with that family was pretty rotten, but maybe a case of she was fine but the rest a disaster?

always_hoping

Didn't live much longer than Philip. 96 is some age and remained active to recently. The Queen Mother lived to 101 if i recall right.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Huge moment for the nation. The world really. I know we all joke but this will be remembered as one of the most important moments in the 21st Century
Outside of the UK, it'll be news for a day, max two.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
She will be the last Queen of England we will remember alive

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just can't come to terms with the fact that football might be postponed. How? Why?
I don’t think you realise what a big deal this is for the UK.

Whether it’ll continue or not is hard to know, but the country will be shook for a while.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I mean the British monarchy really isn't that big of a deal outside of Britain, regardless of your (or my) personal view on the matter
Well she was head of state in 14 other nations so might be a bit of deal there. Granted not for everyone, but the death of the Queen is worldwide news. Will it affect everyone, of course not, but just because something doesn’t affect you doesn’t make it not newsworthy.

Rajma

Huge moment for the nation. The world really. I know we all joke but this will be remembered as one of the most important moments in the 21st Century
Yeah, not like there’s a largest war since ww2 on-going in Europe currently!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol:

No but seriously, the death of her mother didn't register as a particularly big moment, or at least it doesn't today. The thing that will make her death memorable is that it is the same year Russia declared the stupidest war that Europe has seen in a long time.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Well she was head of state in 14 other nations so might be a bit of deal there. Granted not for everyone, but the death of the Queen is worldwide news. Will it affect everyone, of course not, but just because something doesn’t affect you doesn’t make it not newsworthy.
Of course it's newsworthy, no doubt. Similar to the Pope dying for example. But it won't be anywhere close to the most significant moments this century for anyone outside of those 15 countries, and likely not even for those inside

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
got to feel for liverpool. now their implosion will be forgotten by everyone, just like their covid pl :(

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I know a Royal death is a big event but I do find the constant tv coverage mind numbing. Grateful for streaming platforms unlike the olden days.

Huw Edwards has been fantastic to be fair, several hours of nothing until the announcement

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'm really worried for the UK now.
The Queen is the last pillar of strength and her presence has been felt through the ages

The UK has a weak PM and no queen !

fecking worrying