Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Classical Mechanic

This is pretty much it for me.

On a human level, I feel sad for her family, because losing a loved one is absolutely rubbish. Can't take that away from them, no matter who it is or however old they are. Yes, a person has lived a long life, but I fully appreciate how sad or difficult it can be to know that somebody is not there anymore, when all you've ever known is for them to have been there. That's tough.

But that's as far as I go with it and that's the only level I see this on.
I more mean on a political level. She doesn’t do anything regarding the running of the country in any real sense. She’s a ceremonial figurehead who will be replaced in a few days.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
She had a great life and reign, was 96. What an innings. I don't feel like it's particularly sad, personally.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Currently in Westminster, the WhatsApp groups of SPADS, Spin Doctors and Party Ghouls, are alight with schemes, working out what they can propose, pass and justify in the next few weeks as the country turns patriotic and mourns the death of the Queen. Beware!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Huge moment for the nation. The world really. I know we all joke but this will be remembered as one of the most important moments in the 21st Century
I don't think she'll even surpass Princess Diana in public interest.

Lee565

I blame lizzy truss, during her meeting with the Queen yesterday she obviously must of bored the Queen to death

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I always knew this place was quite strongly left leaning, but I didnt realise just how radical a lot these folk truly are. Makes me question some of the other views etc I have seen on here over the years.

Cant say I am particularly pro or anti the monarchy, but the Queen was an institution on a global level, and a constant in the lives of virtually everyone in the country. RIP.

Oldyella

She had a great life and reign, was 96. What an innings. I don't feel like it's particularly sad, personally.
Always sad finding out about out about you are aware of dying, but no more than any other.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I always knew this place was quite strongly left leaning, but I didnt realise just how radical a lot these folk truly are. Makes me question some of the other views etc I have seen on here over the years.

Cant say I am particularly pro or anti the monarchy, but the Queen was an institution on a global level, and a constant in the lives of virtually everyone in the country. RIP.
WTF?! Any examples of this radicalism?

DevilRed

RIP

The epitomy of what a monarch should be. Puts the rest to shame. There will never be another like her.

I wonder if they will cancel the weekend matches out of respect.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

Salt and pepper have been a constant in the lives of everyone in the country. There's nothing really special about something being a constant. That seems like a very weird thing to elevate and give status to.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Yeah I agree. It’s a bit weird imo.