Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Lecland07

Be glad when this nonsense is all over and we can get back to normal, though I am grateful for the day off. All this fake eulogising and crying over someone you've never met and would probably step over you in the street is just shameless.
You sound like your enjoying your day off.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Just got in, how we played?
players have been wandering around, ina very static and predictable pattern. no great sense of urgency. crowd subdued and the new black kit looks shit.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Looks like a giant chess match with the king and queen with a black and white tiled floor.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
quite rude of the dude with the eye patch to be wearing it on the eye closest to the queen.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Organist have been shocking, no patterns of play, just relying on individual brilliance.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
It will never be over. They'll re-run it for the next 25 years.

I caught a glimpse of it in the supermarket (in France) for about two seconds.
i hope you carried a leg of lamb on your shoulder around the freezer aisles to pay homage to such an occasion.

Superunknown

The pallbearers are doing a great job here. You can't make a mistake doing that.
Whole world watching, too. Can't switch off for a moment. The concentration, organisation, and precision of all this really is something else.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I had to carry my granddad in too.

There were the four male grandchildren +2. The weight was one thing, the pressure another (silence, everyone looking) but also the emotion of what I was doing.

I guess those soldiers didn't have the last bit (less of a personal link) but they had the second bit and then some.
I was fine with the carrying, but I had to lower my mamgu into the ground, and for some stupid reason I wrapped the rope around my hands. When the others started letting the rope out it became obvious what I'd done, and the vicar exasperatedly asked "What are you doing?" with loads of people looking on.

It's been years and it's still something that'll pop into my head every now and then at night and make me cringe

Adamsk7

Pallbearers are the MVPs here. Horrible job and they’ve been impeccable. Yes there’s 8 of them but that coffin probably weighs x2 a normal one and has the bloody Crown and sceptre on top! They also have the eyes of the entire world on them.

Hal9000

The coffin has the crown jewels on it - must weigh an absolute ton.
Pallbearers are the MVPs here. Horrible job and they’ve been impeccable. Yes there’s 8 of them but that coffin probably weighs x2 a normal one and has the bloody Crown and sceptre on top! They also have the eyes of the entire world on them.
It's lead lined, essentially airtight, as she's going into a vault.

Hal9000

feck these people with their phones out. I know it's on TV, but still...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's lead lined, essentially airtight, as she's going into a vault.
Yeah it's really heavy mainly because fo that, no wonder they were sweating their balls off.