g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Smores

Nothing more respectful to the grieving family than sticking your phone up for a photo of a coffin. Twats.

0le

i
Just checked on youtube and it's 40k watching, that's like what a no mark guy streaming fifa from his basement gets on an average wednesday.
533k on Sky...

EDIT: Well it was...seems to be 134K now.

Smores

Yeah it’s very crass isn’t it
When we buried the brother in law an old man at bus station taking his hat off in respect was a real stark memorable moment. The royals must really hate the gawking public here, how can you not.

As much as I'm an anti-monarchist I'm sure they must themselves hate most of those they 'serve'.

Lecland07

Just checked on youtube and it's 40k watching, that's like what a no mark guy streaming fifa from his basement gets on an average wednesday.
A lot of people will be watching on BBC, which is available in a lot of countries worldwide. Youtube isn't a great way to conclude how many are watching.

Superunknown

Not really. :lol:
They do. It's being televised/streamed/shown on every channel in the UK, and will be shown in multiple other countries, too. That's without even getting into clips being replayed on the news later on, or replayed in later on further down the line, or in archives to be shown again years from now.

I'm very far from your traditional royalist too, but this can't be denied. Whether we agree with it or not.

JB7

Why would people watch something on YouTube when they could just turn their TV on?

Moby

Dick
They do. It's being televised/streamed/shown on every channel in the UK, and will be shown in multiple other countries, too. That's without even getting into clips being replayed on the news later on, or replayed in later on further down the line, or in archives to be shown again years from now.

I'm very far from your traditional royalist too, but this can't be denied. Whether we agree with it or not.
Being televised isn't the same as being watched.

0le

Pretty incredible organisation. It's when they went through the arches when I realised why there's that exact amount of navy personnel in a row.
Also walking around the roundabout and not a single one walks too much to the right - all just aligned near as well perfectly.

Lecland07

Doubt many are outside UK.
Viewing figures for the royal wedding for William was 162m globally, not including the UK. Don't know why people so vehemently deny a lot of people like these things.

TheReligion

Abusive
When we buried the brother in law an old man at bus station taking his hat off in respect was a real stark memorable moment. The royals must really hate the gawking public here, how can you not.

As much as I'm an anti-monarchist I'm sure they must themselves hate most of those they 'serve'.
Aye. I mean they probably understand it’s the procession and history people want to capture but many lose sight of the actual meaning here which is sad.

JB7

I meant for those outside the UK, the comment I was replying to was about 'the entire world watching this'. It isn't.
It's on every major news channel in the US as an example: " All of the major U.S. channels—including PBS, BBC America, ABC, NBC News, NBC News Now, CBS, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN—will begin their live coverage of the funeral between 3 a.m. and 5.30 a.m. the morning of the funeral. "

Moby

Dick
It's on every major news channel in the US as an example: " All of the major U.S. channels—including PBS, BBC America, ABC, NBC News, NBC News Now, CBS, Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN—will begin their live coverage of the funeral between 3 a.m. and 5.30 a.m. the morning of the funeral. "
Do you know what time it is there right now?

RedDevilQuebecois

I tuned in CBC News Network for their part of the funeral and I just realized that Dan Snow - the historian is part of the team describing the funeral.

hp88

Pretty incredible organisation. It's when they went through the arches when I realised why there's that exact amount of navy personnel in a row.
It’s almost a mile long according to the BBC